Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35022 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed
« Reply #225 on: February 15, 2017, 10:45:56 pm »

Glad you're OK, Kyubee.

Opal, 107

I suspect the Moroi living in the tavern might be the cause of the drained corpse found in the tavern. Further investigation needed.

Whim's banned the export of hatch covers for some arcane reason. Our war gengar is missing, and our charmelon went rogue and had to be stopped.

In spite of those events, this month is going pretty well. Not much has happened, and my projects are all coming along. I put a can-cell in the corpse dump last month to replace the war litten. However, I had to take it out later after a possession incident.

Here's my zoo so far. The pit in the middle is supposed to be a pond, but I had trouble with getting the water in there. Most of the cages are occupied, I'm just waiting for something new to put in the last cage. I'd also like to have some aquariums, but I need to get the glass ready and get some live fish.

Eric finally got his office. It only took about two years.

(We'll get the table in there shortly.)

The merchants all left, and we're alone again. The month went out with an elaborate dance featuring clones, doogans, and all manner of things.

Obsidian, 107

Obsidian's here and New Years comes, bringing the end of my term with it. Can't come soon enough, I say. Soon this place will be in someone else's hands, and I won't need to know about every little apocalypse anymore. Another forgotten beast has entered the caverns.

Maybe they'll kill each other. That'd be neat. Upon entering our sight, Stuzang immediately chased down and killed a giant rat. It used Boiling Extract during the fight, but the rat didn't last long enough to show the effects.

Trouble in the tavern again. The brownie child went rogue and began to attack patrons. That ended when two shots from a nearby droideka crippled the brownie and a crobat finished them off. For some reason, seeing this caused a fire monster to emit a huge cloud of smoke.

I let the engravers design most of the artwork in the tavern, but I did make sure to commission one piece for you all to remember my reign by. I also found an engraving of Eric.

I've got some instructions on the Mug for future overseers, should you continue my plans. I think it should be about 3 levels tall, made entirely of stone. The first level is done and the second level is starting. The general shape is easy to get. The handle should also be 3 levels tall, with the middle including an open space. Various scaffolds have been raised to help build, and should be removed once construction is complete.

There's been something terrible spotted out by the Ultimate Mug. I could hardly listen to the report. A dragon has come to Borechanced.

I'm calling a general alert. Everyone is retreating underground. Thankfully, the dragon's giving us time to prepare. It's just hovering outside the Mug right now. I'm hearing that a clone trooper tried to engage. His blaster flared once, and was silenced.

No panicking. I'm the great Enemy Post. The trapper. I sent our esteemed Wookiee out to try and lure the dragon into the cage traps I've placed all over the only entrance to the fort. She made it to the Mug before I decided to call the mission off. However, that was when the dragon spotted her. She dodged lightning blasts, slipped out through a crack in the wall, and made a break for the traps. The moroi who lived on the mug struck and attempted to slay the dragon, but was quickly devoured. The midwife droid, one of our own monsters who had been stuck in a tree, and that Moroi who flew around in the blood glacier were all slaughtered on the way.

However, the wookiee made it past the first trap, and the dragon almost went over it. However, at the last moment everything went wrong. A monster walked upstairs and tried to fight. This provoked the dragon to fire a stream of molten nickel, incinerating the traps.

I deployed the militia. Dust, lightning, and smoke filled the air. Many fell in the chaotic brawl as the dragon slithered down the stairs.  Eric, our wookiee, Kyubee, Whim the mining droid, and many others died while barely slowing it down. One of our troops was wounded and knocked into a cage trap. The galvantulas were mauled as they contributed their webbing. A tanner managed to fracture the dragon's lower spine with a mighty punch before being crushed under a thrashing horn. With the dragon weakened, a miner named Shyren managed to pierce the dragon's throat before dying from her injuries. Finally, Asin held the creature's attention as its blood spilled from its neck. He died horribly, but moments later so too did his foe.

The losses were grave, but Borechanced has defeated its first major threat. With that, I end my term. We go into the new year with both hope and fear.

Here's the save.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 10:58:03 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 16, 2017, 12:05:52 am »

"Finally got an office to do all this paperwork in and what happens? A fucking dragon comes out of nowhere and kills me and half the rest of us! Your asses are haunted!" :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #227 on: February 16, 2017, 04:56:25 am »

Sorry I was gone so long D: First my town started flooding then I had to work on moving
Damn, glad to hear you're OK.

Also holy crap, wasn't expecting a megabeast to show up this early. How many people are we down to now?

According to the turnlist, it should be Sponge's turn now.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:35:36 am by ZM5 »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 16, 2017, 06:27:46 pm »

How many people are we down to now?

We have 62 citizens and 48 pets left.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 16, 2017, 07:23:56 pm »

Welp, seems it's my turn now. Is everyone ready for me to destroy the fort?

I'll start playing tomorrow. Hopefully I can put a post up then too.
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 16, 2017, 10:39:33 pm »

I died with honor fighting the most dangerous beast in the world.
And I took it with me.

Sponge

• Bay Watcher
  • I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 18, 2017, 05:28:37 pm »

Hey guys, someone should take over.

I'm pretty burned out of Dwarf Fortress as a whole. You should just remove me from the turn list. I'll still stay on the thread and such, but I don't think i'll be playing.
I like wearing shoes on both of my feet.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 18, 2017, 06:33:28 pm »

That's fine. I guess it's Eric's turn now?
My mods and forum games.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 19, 2017, 03:25:25 am »

Oh OK then... I'll start in the morning I guess

New journal of Eric.

Last I remember was something about a dragon, fire, pain... and then I realized I was dead. So I did the logical thing instead of moving on to the afterlife: I've possessed the body of one of the doctors. Who happens to be a spectral monster. He gave up after a short argument and decided to move on, himself. Does that count as murder? I'm not sure, honestly.

Anyway, that trapper, Enemy Post, gave up on being overseer. Can't blame him, but I can blame the rest of these cowards for all refusing to step in and make something of themselves. So I've done so, again. It's not going to be fun. First issue, is that everyone was getting jammed up at the top of the ramp near the farms, nobody would move and nobody could explain what the hold up was. I declared myself overseer now and ordered a miner that was standing there doing nothing to widen the path and make a second ramp way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Our next disaster is that we're almost completely out of stone, because there havent been any new excavations for a while. I ordered some more masons shops built and immediately north of them some new rooms dug. We'll find a use for them eventually.

A wookie caravan and a clone caravan arrived. Not sure what we'll trade, if anything.
Kaminoans also arrived. I'm expanding the digging designation near the masons shops. Not only to dig out as much stone as possible but also to create an impressive open area to work and do business in.

5th Slate, 108

A forgotten beast got in, somehow. It wrecked the entryway to the tavern and killed several monsters and visitors. It was put down, eventually, by a stray coyote, I've named him Godgirdles. Our bullet patterns, the edenian mages, nothing could scratch this beast made of green glass. Until a tiny dog-thing bit it really hard and its lower body shattered.

ZM5 hasnt been seen in a week now. This is actually quite concerning.

And Muff, a lion monster shearer, has been possessed to create something. It may be related to her rather serious injuries; she cannot stand for every bone in her right leg up to her hip being shattered and dislocated, and her right hand has been ripped off. Frankly I'm not sure how many were injured, I havent had a chance to get any of them to the hospital, or designated a proper hospital.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 06:19:19 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 19, 2017, 06:10:45 pm »

A wookie caravan and a clone caravan arrived. Not sure what we'll trade, if anything.

We have mugs.

*Hey, I bet that the Forgotten Beast got into the fort by climbing up and breaking through that grate in the basement. There should be a hole in the floor in the "safe" mining area.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 11:22:58 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 19, 2017, 06:55:39 pm »

It's okay; A fight broke out between the kaminoans and wookies and when it was all over all I'd managed to buy was a couple bins of leather before somebody died and everyone else left.

Bos and Gorgon got set on fire somehow. They choked off the main stairwell with smoke such that nobody could use it. Bos was going to the farms to plant a ‼seed‼ and managed to set the entire farm plot on fire.
Gorgon didn't manage to destroy anything as far as I can tell, but nothing good comes of this. I've begun to build stone floors throughout the soil levels to help prevent fires from spreading. I know its cold out, but this is ridiculous.

12th Malachite
It's been slow going lately. I cant seem to get anyone willing to make crutches for the injured. And that poor muff or whatever her name was has surely gone insane and died by now; she never did get her whatever the hell she wanted. I ordered her walled into the workshop, and now nobody wants to deconstruct the walls, so we'll likely never know how she actually went mad or died. I wasn't going to risk another berserk rage, though.

Anyway, I've been struggling to get things done around here, there's just not much labor to go around for all the fifty odd people here. It doesnt help that maybe a dozen are hired bards who will literally do nothing but play in the tavern all day. I've asked Whim to just deny any more bards that apply for citizenship; we really need mercenaries, or actual migrants, someone productive, not fucking dancers. I'll be going back down to the new excavation to help mine it out soon... Actually, no, I have an idea!
I think I have everything I need around here somewhere... A bunch of stone, some gems, and a log of wood.

[game crashed, timeline split]
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 05:25:10 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 21, 2017, 04:28:00 pm »

That's two dead megabeasts and a few vampires. I think my theory that the fort will be primarily defended by being hostile to all forms of life is holding up well.
My mods and forum games.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 21, 2017, 05:22:36 pm »

Unfortunately the game crashed shortly after that, I saved after starting the artifact sometime, but everything else, including what the artifact is, is forfeit. I'll be sure to wrangle those vampires anyway. If I can figure out how...

19th Galena

There was a dispute in the tavern, I'm not sure what the trouble was, but Migosp decapitated an ARC commander that was visiting.

There's a particular fire monster, Bob Gendynecatty, whose suffered a lost foot and so needs a crutch. However, being a fire monster and the only crutches we have available being made of wood or lead, both vulnerable to his intense heat, Bob will never leave the hospital. I've done the humane thing and had him locked in to meet his end in peace.

I've found a new book to read. Quite an amusing tale. Oh! Maybe we could build a library to store these things. It's been quite a while since most of us have had a good book or discussion.

Anyway, I'm done with this table:
Pretty nice I think. Came up with a nice name for it too.

Anyway, I've been informed about several vampire related killings in the tavern. That ARC commander, Zremili the bumpty poet, and the wookie bard Innu are all suspects, but the guard refuses to do anything because the victims were all foreign visitors, not residents, and the two that are still alive are both residents so an actual crime must be committed. I suspect Migosp lost his cool and killed the ARC commander after she drained someone, but as she wasnt a resident we're fine, ignoring potential diplomatic consequences.

Then again, if there are diplomatic consequences regarding the deaths around here, we might as well be dead by now.

Oh shit... We had another crash, gonna see if I can restart it.

11th limestone

The tame elk bird we had got into a fight with the inciniroar in the hatchery and is now burning to death.

A trio of edenian mages killed Zremili; no skin off my back (not that I have any, being a ghost possessed by a ghost)

And a war galvantula with an odd name started a fight with a couple monsters in the temple, and it's progressed into a deadly brawl with a zombie wookie involved

The good news is I've decided on a place for a library:

And that while Ei died, Shy survived with the help of the miner Temi, who arrived just in time to embed a pickaxe in Nubpa's undead skull. The Galvantula also died.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 07:29:30 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2017, 10:20:27 pm »

Okay guys, I cant get this thing to go much beyond 15-20th limestone, the game just crashes, doesnt even give me a windows pop-up. The errorlog is 12kb of problems, but I cant spot anything that would cause the crash. I'm going to upload the save as it exists while I try to figure out whats up, but I suspect a regen will be necessary.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12738
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 10:34:01 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2017, 11:36:04 pm »

I noticed large amounts of errors, but on mine it was mostly pathfinding problems caused by the fires. I'll see if I can find anything when I get a chance, but I'll be busy tomorrow.

*I had an idea, did you install my mod? I think you might not have had any of the modded files stored in the data folder and that might be what's causing the crashes. I'm not sure yet though.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 01:13:23 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18