Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35021 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2017, 01:45:56 am »

I'll double check and see if I'm using the right mod, yeah
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2017, 05:35:12 am »

Damn, this really sucks.

Looks like the game couldn't take us down with a bronze dragon so it resorted to crashes instead.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2017, 11:54:13 am »

Seems to be the case. The crashing persists regardless of whether its in the modded install folder or the vanilla game or my personal game, so I dont think that's the problem.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2017, 12:47:39 pm »

I downloaded the save, and I noticed the crash seemed to hit right after the kaminoan's clone tanks outside finished working. I wonder if that's the problem.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 01:41:47 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2017, 01:41:50 pm »

I made it to Sandstone. I think the problem was the clone tanks outside. I was able to get past it by giving the cloning interaction an immensely long countdown so they'll never activate. If we need to, maybe we could just take off the syndrome's endpoint entirely.

Here's the current save, there's a new forgotten beast swimming around in the caverns.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y67a54m6nk2c2zy/Borechanced%2C%20108-Sandstone.zip?dl=0

*I've also noticed that we're down 15 citizens and 8 pets, but I'm still fine so that's no problem. I think I found the hole the glass forgotten beast climbed through. Here's a picture, it's on the left side of the mines.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 09:35:18 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 25, 2017, 02:31:10 pm »

Yeah, I've found four or five holes beasts could get through and have been plugging them as i go.

Also, I'll just copy over your raw changes for that and continue where I left off.
I'm thinking of letting the droidekas use their blasters as hands, just so we dont have to listen to them bitch about how they cant stockpile items or clean because they have no hands.

Sandstone 2, 108

Limestone has come and gone, and besides the edenian mages killing other visitors and the rest of us spending a lot of time working, not much of interest happened. However, come this month we're seeing some interesting times.

Firstly, our last suspected vampire, Innu, somehow got into a fight with a pignite, who won.

We've begun furnishing our library;

and two more forgotten beasts are roaming around the caverns.

They're horrifying honestly.

23rd Limestone, 108

A wizard arrived today. Perhaps he can show us something of magic.

(I am super excited because I was worried spellcrafts would be utterly irrelevant on this game because monsters cant do the magic things.)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 03:55:57 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 25, 2017, 07:17:38 pm »

Who wants to go after Eric? Assuming we live that long, of course.
My mods and forum games.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #247 on: February 26, 2017, 02:43:54 am »

Hopefully we will live long enough for a siege to happen.

I like how the sauropod forgotten beast has spatula feathers.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 26, 2017, 06:47:24 pm »

Hello. I've just finished reading up on this today. So I thought I would leave this as a PTW and a request to be 'Monstered' I guess? Anyway I've never really posted in the upper boards before. So it is nice to meet you if we have never met in the lower boards.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 07:02:43 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 26, 2017, 06:51:56 pm »

Welcome aboard, Prophet. Nice to meet you.
My mods and forum games.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 01, 2017, 02:48:24 am »

I haven't died yet, I've just been kinda busy. Anyway, a quick update on what happened the last two days before I go to bed

Winter came, but you can barely tell. The edenian mages seem to have gotten over their urge to slaughter random tavern goers, and that wizard has occasionally enlightened someone in the inner workings of the world.

We haven't really been lucky, regardless, and a couple animals are suspected of being possessed by pretas, and I've had them holed up in an unused room. Hopefully of they get the urge to kill something again, it will be each other.

Work on the mug ended up stalling just because I haven't told anyone what to do with it, I've been focusing more inwards, setting up a library where hopefully we collect some enlightening tomes, and more stockpiles. Dug a tunnel to the magma sea, and proved the rumors dwarves spread of adamantine to be true; we haven't touched the metal yet, I was hoping to learn more specifics about the dangers that are rumored to follow.

Oh, and a caravan from the homeland arrived. They made it all the way to the depot, before something went wrong. The underbrush of the taiga is on fire again, the merchants are leaving and their wagons were destroyed somehow. But nobody can tell me what actually happened.

Anyway, we got some of the at-rt's we ordered, for free no less, because the merchants just dropped everything and turned around.

This seems to be a recurring theme around here.

After speaking to the liaison, Mayor Whim was informed we could become a barony. I managed to argue him out of nominating himself, and instead nominating Temi the miner, one of the crew that followed me here to found this place.

Oh, and the fire in the trade depot lot hasnt gone out. There is apparently a piece of lignite burning indefinitely there. Probably one of the fire monsters set it off. I'm about ready to lock them all in a room with a bridge and test what the dwarves call an "atom smasher." Just burn everything. None of it matters. Burn it all.

I'll have to just find another place to build the depot until that lignite burns away, because I cant get even the fire monsters to touch it.
A sith caravan also arrived but we dont have a depot at the moment.

We've had more vampire related deaths, and nobody's come forward with suspects.
It's frustrating, truly. Especially since the tavern is packed at all hours.

Wait, make that three

Crofica was on our guard squad, she was a valuable trainer in martial arts for our monsters. We need to find whomever is responsible for this and deal with them.

The liaison mentioned they're willing to buy scepters and amulets at higher than average rates next year, so I've asked our craftsmen to make some. If the caravan doesnt spontaneously cumbust again, we should be able to make a reasonable trade. I ordered some galvantulas, leather of various species, alcohol and raw plants, and steel and iron bars, among other things.

A fight broke out between a charmander and some other pokemon when I pastured all the fire types I was aware of in one of the nesting rooms. Three of the pokemon ended up dead.

There's been fighting going on in the tavern again too. A couple mercenaries we hired into the guard went after a couple visitors. No idea what the fighting was about, but two visitors were killed.

Oh, and grillby got tired of running around naked and tried to put some pants on. The pants were made of pig tail cloth, and now he's complaining about choking on the smoke of his own burning pants.

And finally, Temi is officially recognized as baron. It's all his problem now.

My time's up, its someone elses' problem now.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12747

I gotta say, I've very rarely had a fort where this many fights break out in a single year. Especially since I cant see any reason for the animosity between them.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 05:52:05 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2017, 06:37:32 pm »

The thought that Borechanced has survived another year...

It fills me with Determination.

Who wants to go next?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:00:20 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 01, 2017, 07:27:45 pm »

Good to see that Borechanced didn't burn down this year.  :P
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 01, 2017, 11:03:41 pm »

Technically, it did. Several times. I've built fire breaks across the halls through the soil section but occasionally something on fire walks across them anyway.
I make Spellcrafts!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #254 on: March 02, 2017, 12:58:19 am »

Pretas are the reason for the regular fighting and vampire-related deaths.

They were originally conceived as a single element that makes this relatively easy game harder, and in particular to punish players who turtle in their fort too much.

Upon possession, a preta enters the "shuffling" phase where it will turn its host berserk for a tick and jump to any available host who has not been possessed recently.  After settling down, they will turn their hosts into vampires for a few months (typically enough time for one feeding), then they enter the "mature" phase of their cycle where they will jump to any creature their host is in lethal combat with, provided that creature has not been possessed recently.  If a month passes and they do not get into lethal combat, they will turn their host berserk in order to force them into lethal combat.  After jumping to a new host, they enter the shuffling phase and the cycle repeats.

The idea was to have a single preta jumping among your population, causing occasional chaos every few months until you managed to either trap and kill the current host or coaxed it into jumping into a wild animal.  Unfortunately they seem to appear more frequently than they should and now are known as fortress destroyers.

The main preventative measure should still work; send suspects to fight wild animals regularly.

Maybe remove the vermin_eater tag from their raws, which will stop them from clustering around the food piles.  Or lower their bite frequency.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18