Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Player race?

Dwarves: Classic, with access to weapons no other civ does, as well as steel and stuff, as well as evil creatures and golems.
- 2 (22.2%)
Toads: Peace-loving, can tame good creatures (Like yoshis), but not as powerful naturally
- 4 (44.4%)
Koopas: Rigid, militaristic, can use evil creatures, steel, and special suits of shell armor. Can have spell-slinging magikoopas
- 1 (11.1%)
Shy Guys: Nothing special, they master tasks in just a few seasons, but they rust just as fast.
- 0 (0%)
Jawas: Have access to any pet race (Not counting good or evil I think), and they have star wars weaponry, obviously.
- 2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed  (Read 35038 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Borechanced; Mods Unleashed
« Reply #255 on: March 02, 2017, 04:24:56 pm »

Oh god. And I thought I'd invented some evil pest critters before.

Yeah, the refuse stockpile on the surface has at least half a dozen pretas in it. The way you describe their life cycle half the fort could be infected and we don't know it. Its mostly been animals and visitors affected. I wonder if monsters just aren't affected by most syndromes...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 02, 2017, 05:41:10 pm »

Comparing the monster and the preta raws, I think the monsters are resistant, but not outright immune. They might still be affected by the 1 tick of CRAZED, but they don't have a MAXAGE and the pretas require the target to be MORTAL.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #257 on: March 03, 2017, 02:31:22 am »

Oh god. And I thought I'd invented some evil pest critters before.

Yeah, the refuse stockpile on the surface has at least half a dozen pretas in it. The way you describe their life cycle half the fort could be infected and we don't know it. Its mostly been animals and visitors affected. I wonder if monsters just aren't affected by most syndromes...

I guess the main problem is the VERMIN_EATER and VERMIN_ROTTER tags then.  Maybe these override the FREQUENCY tag by spawning them from food/corpses, or maybe they just concentrate the entire population into a spot where they are likely to bite something.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 31, 2017, 06:07:38 pm »

Hope you guys can revive this playthrough some time, I did enjoy reading what my idea has sown
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 31, 2017, 06:17:23 pm »

I'd like to see it continue, we just need more players.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 19, 2017, 08:22:14 pm »

Well I've just remembered this only to be sadden at it's inactivity. I'd offer to take a turn since no one else seems to be taking up the fort but uh... well let's just say that even though I've played Dwarf Fortress for a years now it's mostly been adventure mode for me. I've only ever managed to keep a fort going a month past the first year like two times and the last time that happened was quite some time ago. Plus those were in some pretty decent starting locations. So I'd just end up killing the fort if I tried.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 19, 2017, 08:52:12 pm »

Well I've just remembered this only to be sadden at it's inactivity. I'd offer to take a turn since no one else seems to be taking up the fort but uh... well let's just say that even though I've played Dwarf Fortress for a years now it's mostly been adventure mode for me. I've only ever managed to keep a fort going a month past the first year like two times and the last time that happened was quite some time ago. Plus those were in some pretty decent starting locations. So I'd just end up killing the fort if I tried.

Worst case scenario, you give Borechanced a proper ending.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]