Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help locating a song from a commercial? (HARD MODE)  (Read 1028 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Help locating a song from a commercial? (HARD MODE)
« on: January 19, 2017, 07:45:17 am »

Its hard mode because I dont know either the name of the song or what was being advertised. I recall the slogan was "share something more", and it might have been about booze. The line had been worked into the song as well but it might be an advert specific modification. The advert might be anything from 5 to 15 years old.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Help locating a song from a commercial? (HARD MODE)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 08:12:38 am »

Pd: advert might have been for Baileys

This is the ad. Dooes anyone know the name of the song?
https://youtu.be/xMArIC6Zbu0
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:16:20 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 11:09:19 am »

Can't find it. The voice sounds familiar, but I don't know who it is, and googling the lyrics only comes up with "how to end your relationship"
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 11:39:56 pm »

I could not locate it either. Went the hard way round, looking for credited attributions for the commercial, but could not get even a record of the commercial, other than the canned instance from youtube.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2017, 07:58:31 pm »

Try a DMCA request on the video, claiming you own the song.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 03:50:12 am »

Midomi doesn't come up with anything. It's possible it was written specifically for the ad. Try contacting Baileys and asking about the song?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 05:26:26 am »

In the comments there's some Spanish which translates as:

Somebody correct me, but in reference to the musical cut of the ad, I will inform you that it is a jingle; That is to say a music made specifically for an ad in concrete "share something more", since over the time I have tried to find it and it does not appear in any database of public songs.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 08:23:46 am »

:(

Midomi doesn't come up with anything. It's possible it was written specifically for the ad. Try contacting Baileys and asking about the song?

hmm... maybe I should try that. Who knows...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 08:37:41 am »

You know what you should do? Get all the top 40 charts from 1997 and work back, check out all the songs. If it's not a real song, I think it's some admakers take on a popular song with perhaps a few changes.

You might not find the song, but I can bet you'll find some interesting and unusual songs you didn't know about.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 02:10:51 am »

It fits the commercial pretty close, are we sure it's not just a 30 second ad jingle?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei