Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Pantheon- RtD god game 8/7  (Read 11586 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon- RtD god game 8/7
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2017, 12:33:44 pm »

"Without adversity, there shall be no greatness."

Use two actions to create some ilnesses/disease, just enough so the population doesn't get too out of control. Nothing extreme.

Use two action to imbue Kivuli's Moon with magical propreties, and have small chunks (No larger than a bear) occasionally break off and fall to Kivuli.

Observe results and check the species of Kivuli for any interesting species/budding cultures. (I'm assuming this doesn't require an action, since it's just watching the results of the previous actions.)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2017, 01:50:35 pm »

"Hmm? What is this?"

Take one of the books, modifying it so that instead of relaying the past, it instead displays possibilities of what the future could be. But the book in the Ageless Isle.

Make the peoples of the world understand the origin on the days. Credit shall go where credit is due!

Create more Umeolk. 2 rolls.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2017, 04:05:24 pm »

Those who aren't already on Discord may use this link to join the Discord for this game.

https://discord.gg/F2VmYcc

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2017, 05:00:35 pm »

"Go forth and show all of my Change." Auris stated to the Gold Changelings.
With the Rod of Change making his lordship known, they would undoubtedly infiltrate various societies without question.

"Go forth, mutate the soil beneath the wretched unbeliever's feet. Make it so that no crop is left unwilted, no well is left unpoisoned. My presence shall be known to all, faithful and unfaithful alike."
Channeling the Golden Winds, create goldwurms; intelligent worm-like beasts that burrow beneath heretical settlements and let the Essence of Change infused in them taint the land above them.

"From His own blood, a medallion of treachery. He dubs it the Amulet of Treason."
Channeling the Golden Winds, conjure an enchanted golden amulet with the ability to Change one's mind. Optimally, the wondrous shine should tempt them to 'change' their minds and turn against their allies.

"They shall hear his Voice on the Winds, and bow to His will."
Imbue the Golden Winds with voices that mimic those the listener trusts, telling them to come closer to the Winds and bathe in their shining light.

"A gift for the faithful Changelings is in order."
Channeling the Golden Winds, bestow the ability to Change to all my progeny who are capable of learning magic. It is a discipline of Holy Magic that shall be known as Auric Alchemy, unique in that it invokes my power.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2017, 06:31:06 pm »

Begin a massive celebration to commerate life

Make the start of the family unit

try to understand the citizens of the worlds core beliefs

Instill medical knowledge in books in a univerally readable language
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Sialia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2017, 04:59:27 am »

Shaak looks at Khan's wolves, already corrupted creatures and says...
"Ooo, Good doggys! I'm gonna take some of you home with me!"
I pick up 10 - 20 of the "wolves" ard move them to the scablands.
Next I Spend two actions trying to make meat plants.

6 – All the mutant wolf things are moved into your lands. They become the most common creature amongst the scablands, but it appears they are in pain merely by living. Their contorted frames are unnatural to all (except maybe a corruption god) and many even have trouble breathing. The sickness is rife.
5 – The meat plants are made. No further roll required.

Protect the wolves, and try and un ugly them
Train the amazons myself
Try and make some amazons demigods
Kill something that isn't a amazon

3 – The wolves have been removed from your influence and from the golden continent altogether.
5 – The amazons become strong warriors, versed in many forms of martial arts.
4 – Some amazons ascend to become powerful mages who can extend their life by many years. They may weild weak divine magic but it is borrowed from you, they do not become demigods. They do not have their own source of power.
5 – You kill an Abyssal from one of the caves near your Amazons.

"The books are meant to be used. Hm."

((Should I have gotten a +1 bonus for creating those books? It seems to fit with knowledge to me.))

Maximillian gives one book to each of the most civilized sentient race. (non roll action?)

Afterwards, he examines the two failed books. How exactly are they borked? (non roll action?)

After that, he creates an obelisk of black stone, then engraves it with universal language glyphs explaining the most notable characteristics of each of the gods.

No roll. The Kivuli and Abyssals each receive a book. In addition, you show a book to the Umelok elders, who may then time-shift at any point back to when they were able to see the book. As such, you bestow the same knowledge upon the Umelok elders.
No roll. The books are strings of nonsensical words. There seems to be some structure to it, and you know this is a knowledge of somekind. You are not able to see how it is incorrect, but it still makes no sense to you.
6 – An obelisk is made, but it contains all information and knowledge, scrolling past at an immense rate too quickly for mortals to read.

[Draco Cutie, God of Adorbs]
(HP: 20/20)

"H-hauu~"
Draco manifests as a tiny dragon and wraps around an Abyssal's horn. The one of the bestest Abyssal. She also breathes upon it, the horns will notice her magic is different from regular magic.

Whenever Draco does some magic, her body radiates with divine power.
Draco makes cave chambers, some parts are much more spacious than others.
Draco makes Fluff Spiders. Big fluffy spiders that's a bit dangerous, but they're fluffy and makes Abyss Silk, which is very good for clothes.
Draco makes one-horn Abyssals, they're less magically attuned, but physically bigger and stronger.

No roll needed: You are an adorable dragon and wrap around the horn of the Grand Abyssal. Suddenly all the Abyssals worship the Grand Abyssal and you yourself, recognising the powerful and different magic.

4 – The caves become networks of small caverns, running under the near-surface of the Golden Continent.
3 – Small spiders are made looking much like tarantulas. Their silk is sufficient to clothe the Abyssals.
4 – The one-horned abyssal are made, and quickly dominate the social structure in this society that still has so little magic available to them.

"Without adversity, there shall be no greatness."

Use two actions to create some ilnesses/disease, just enough so the population doesn't get too out of control. Nothing extreme.

Use two action to imbue Kivuli's Moon with magical propreties, and have small chunks (No larger than a bear) occasionally break off and fall to Kivuli.

Observe results and check the species of Kivuli for any interesting species/budding cultures. (I'm assuming this doesn't require an action, since it's just watching the results of the previous actions.)

3, 3 – The illnesses are made, but they are too rare and scarce to control the population.
6, 1 – At first the magic becomes so powerful it overwhelms the population of Kivuli, but you notice this quickly and dampen the power enough that it is usable. In a rather goldilocks scenario, the magic becomes too weak but eventually you get it just right to even it all out. The moon is created and the chunks that break off are just the right size.
No roll – The Kivuli are still a tribal society, they have minor fights, but mostly resolve problems through intellectual challenges such as word games. You see that due to this they are on the verge of developing writing.

"Hmm? What is this?"

Take one of the books, modifying it so that instead of relaying the past, it instead displays possibilities of what the future could be. But the book in the Ageless Isle.

Make the peoples of the world understand the origin on the days. Credit shall go where credit is due!

Create more Umeolk. 2 rolls.

4 – The Abyssals’ book is taken from them, and placed in the Ageless Isle where it reads the future. It sees only possible futures, and may sometimes end up wrong if the things it shows effect the decisions of those who read it.
3 – Some creatures begin  cult-like religions about a God of Time. Most are quite accurate in spite the religions developing quite separately.
4, 2 – Ulemolk spread quickly and reproduce quite rapidly. They domesticate the fish of the sea for food.

"Go forth and show all of my Change." Auris stated to the Gold Changelings.
With the Rod of Change making his lordship known, they would undoubtedly infiltrate various societies without question.

"Go forth, mutate the soil beneath the wretched unbeliever's feet. Make it so that no crop is left unwilted, no well is left unpoisoned. My presence shall be known to all, faithful and unfaithful alike."
Channeling the Golden Winds, create goldwurms; intelligent worm-like beasts that burrow beneath heretical settlements and let the Essence of Change infused in them taint the land above them.

"From His own blood, a medallion of treachery. He dubs it the Amulet of Treason."
Channeling the Golden Winds, conjure an enchanted golden amulet with the ability to Change one's mind. Optimally, the wondrous shine should tempt them to 'change' their minds and turn against their allies.

"They shall hear his Voice on the Winds, and bow to His will."
Imbue the Golden Winds with voices that mimic those the listener trusts, telling them to come closer to the Winds and bathe in their shining light.

"A gift for the faithful Changelings is in order."
Channeling the Golden Winds, bestow the ability to Change to all my progeny who are capable of learning magic. It is a discipline of Holy Magic that shall be known as Auric Alchemy, unique in that it invokes my power.

6 – The worms are made. They are incredibly intelligent, but bloodthirsty. They begin working in packs, rising to the surface to eat their prey and terrorise the settlements. They begin chewing on some Amazons in one of their settlements.
6 – Four amulets are made, one of them bound to your own neck. Two are stolen by another god. One is kept to be of use to you however you desire.
2 – The winds are chaotic, they refuse to be imbued with this pseudo-sentience.
6 + 1 for Golden Winds – The alchemy takes over, all things within your realm become shifting and changing. One day your people will live in a lush jungle, the next they will live in a harsh desert. The constant change being invoked by each and every citizen seems sporadic, random, uncontrollable.

Begin a massive celebration to commerate life

Make the start of the family unit

try to understand the citizens of the worlds core beliefs

Instill medical knowledge in books in a univerally readable language

4 – The celebration is attended by most races, though there are some who would not celebrate life. Even so, once a year there will now be Compassion Day. Most races of the golden continent celebrate this.
5 – All races feel a tug of loyalty toward their own kin, their own blood. They feel caring for each other. The family unit is made. It does however spur loneliness in those who do not have family.
1 – They seem beyond your understanding. They are making religions all over the place but it seems random and sporadic to you.
6 – Medical knowledge is available to all, but the thing about medicine is that it can also be used as poison. One of the Abyssals with two horns seeking to kill a one-horn from a grudge succeeds in doing so. The first assassination has occurred.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2017, 09:06:04 am »

[Draco Cutie, God of Adorbs]
(HP: 20/20)

"Wha? Noo, no, no."
Draco flies over to the MURDERED Abyssal.
"No no, don't die, don't die."
Draco revives the Abyssal. But puts so much power in, they cannot die of age.
Draco spends another action on it. If the first action succeeds, Draco will empower the Abyssal, they will lose their horns and become better able to cope with the surface, but also physically weaken them. Also they will grow a big tail, which ends in a black scaled dragon's head. This head can cast powerful magic with it's breath.

"You need to protect yourself."
Draco creates Raw Magic. A form of magic which has little elemental effects, it's a pale blue color, and is very powerful but lacks finesse.
"Th-there. Wait, where did the book go? W-writing is... good."
Draco creates Rune Magic. Which uses Raw Magic and Runes in order to create more controlled effects. It consists of picking meaningful words to etch into something, then imbuing it with power. Rune magic is also a reliable way to make Elemental Magic from Raw Magic.
Draco returns to the Grand Abyssal's horn.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:12:05 am by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2017, 10:28:49 am »

"Bah. That needs improvement."

Maximillian places a second, smaller obelisk next to the larger one. This smaller obelisk bears the information of how to read impossibly fast in universal language.

Maximillian creates a book in universal language that explains how to read and write, then gives it to the Kivuli.

Another book soon follows, written in universal language. This one is filled with blacksmithing techniques.

Also, a PM action.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2017, 07:15:38 pm »

"Good. Good. Now we plant the seeds among their wise men, so that one day a lich king may sprout."

Seek out the wisest and most magically apt among the Kivuli. Appear to them either in person or in their dreams and teach them how to fashion the moon rocks that have fallen to the continent into artifacts so they can better manipulate magic. Also help out a bit with their written language if need be.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 07:23:49 pm by Pancaek »

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2017, 07:20:57 pm »

Create a horse. it will have also have wings. the amazons shall use them as mounts
Make a stone city to act as a home for my amazons.
Dedicate another action to this
Make my divine weapon stronger

"I must become a worthy war god for my people"
No sig yet

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2017, 07:58:25 pm »

"As all things should be."

4 actions of umeolk.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 01:06:48 am by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2017, 08:14:47 pm »

In the Center of my Lands I Work to Create a Single City of Blackest Obsidian and Hardened blood, Large enough to house and Set to work 30,000 Creatures, Surrounded by a moat of Ever Boiling Blood and Covered by constant shadow.
Spend Three Actions TOTAL on this.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2017, 10:24:28 pm »

"He bestowed one of the Amulets unto the unbelievers; Since they refused the gifts of his Change, they would reap it as a punishment."
Somehow place the extra Amulet of Treason into the general area of one of the other god's sentient races. Abyssals or Amazons, doesn't matter.

"Feel His hand."
Warp the lands of the Amazons(one action) and then the Abyssals(another action)

Auris realized that his actions may be seen as hostile, so he needed protection from harm.
He had just the idea.
Channeling the Golden Winds, create an enchanted cloak made of fibrous gold- the Golden Mantle. It bends to protect him from harm, reflecting damage dealt to it and chasing it with a burst of mutagenic energy aimed at the attacker

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2017, 11:03:09 pm »

"Might I Suggest ya Stop messing About with Corrupting and Warping things Buddy, Before I'm "Forced" To Beat your Face in with a Godly fist."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2017, 11:11:43 pm »

"Might I Suggest ya Stop messing About with Corrupting and Warping things Buddy, Before I'm "Forced" To Beat your Face in with a Godly fist."

"It is within my belief that we are of the same seed, yours being tarnished with wonderfully putrid blood and my own being gilded with deceptively clean gold. We are two sides of the same coin. There is no need for violence between the two of us.." Auris smiles slightly, a rare sight.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10