Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: question on reactions & corpses  (Read 695 times)

Gnomedevourer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
question on reactions & corpses
« on: October 05, 2022, 07:52:31 pm »

would there be a way to make a reaction that makes a corpse out of leather/meat? like could I make patchwork golem bodies and then resurrect them? My guess is no, that I couldn't. but the wiki didn't 100% make it fully clear to me(with the little skimming I did so I may have missed something vital that says "yeah no"), so I felt I should ask.
tried to balance a mod, once upon a time, fell and scraped my knee, ain't doing that again.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: question on reactions & corpses
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 11:48:17 am »

Corpse input and output is bugged at the moment, making a entire thing on the spot wouldnt be possible outside of DFhack (which then would be a technical process of saying "Hey i want x body here, but make it dead") which i dont know the specifics of how that'd play out. If i wanted theoreticals, id say, DFhack generate a creature and a iceblock together so it dies instantaneously, then mine/thaw it out like a cooler-chiller but that can easily be fatal to dwarves wandering in the kill zone as sudden casting is (it might also require the specific casting requirements on the same tick alternatively if a wall doesnt work)

I did find a script that deals in local constructions here
but tying them together to fire at the same time remotely after a reaction is done would need extra legwork. Im a little bit indisposed to help at the moment.

Edit: Just some additional clarity

Try to excuse too its often very common for there to be a last-leg bit of modding burnout between releases, as people start prepping for the steam/io release.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 12:02:00 pm by FantasticDorf »