Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: What games/shows/whatever do you wanna see DF mods for?  (Read 10347 times)

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
Re: What games/shows/whatever do you wanna see DF mods for?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 01:51:10 pm »

on roll of a 98 or higher, an mans FIST can fit in there!
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 07:48:55 pm »

on roll of a 98 or higher, an mans FIST can fit in there!

I was wondering if someone knew what I was referencing.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2017, 07:57:12 pm »

im not sure which one he talkin about, if not the legendary monster spoken of in hushed whispers in the darkest corners of the gaming community.
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 06:14:47 am »

2-Fatal Rpg, it would be cool to see how a fatal rpg world would actually work.

That better not be the F.A.T.A.L I'm thinking of...
YES it is, the one and only.
Would be fun to see how the book mess would actually work in a 'real time' large scale.
Also If I remember, at fatal if dwarfs are exposed to sunlight, they turn into stone (and at the same time dies).

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 07:33:29 am »

Someone mentioned Magic the Gathering, so I'll chime in with MagiNation and Duel Masters.  (the cards, not the shows) 

There's a lot of things I like about MagiNation.  The first set has an elemental tinge, but after that, it's all based on biomes, so there's a mountain country (Kybar's Teeth), grass country (Weave), swamp country (Bograth), desert country (d'Resh) etc.  I like how they re-use a lot of creatures too, for example, Underneath has the Parmalag, Giant Parmalag, Crystal Parmalag and Granite Parmalag, or the Naroom creature Arboll also shows up as the Cald Lava Arboll, Underneath Crystal Arboll, Bograth Ooze Arboll, and so on. 

To my knowledge, MagiNation is still bankrupt, but you can check out the old cards here:  http://bluefurok.com/OfficialCards_index.htm

And Duel Masters is just hilarious.  Billion Degree Dragon?  Photocide, Lord of Wastes?  Dyno Mantis, the Might Spinner?  Ballas, Vizier of Electrons?  Hypersquid Walter?  Come on, guys, come on.  And the expansion names!  Evo-Crushinators of Doom, Rampage of the Super Warriors, Shadowclash of Blinding Night, Survivors of the Megapocalypse, Stomp-a-trons of Invincible Wrath... I love it!

Anyways, as far as making a DF mod, Duel Masters would give you a lot of things that are fun to read, and don't require a lot of specific special powers that would be difficult to approximate with DF equivalents.  Like a Billion Degree Dragon can just be a really strong dragon that probably shoots fire and bullets.  (if it is not obvious to you that a dragon should shoot bullets, then you are not playing enough Duel Masters) 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 04:43:35 pm »

I think Alien might be fun, I may do that sometime.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 05:28:52 pm »

DOOM. Make a DOOM mod. Cacos, Pinkys, Cybies, all of dat. Build a martian moon base, not a dwarf fortress, and get imps, not goblins, invading. Cyberdemons and Spider Masterminds are megas, archviles and barons are semi-megas.
GENERATION 28:

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 06:55:32 pm »

DOOM. Make a DOOM mod. Cacos, Pinkys, Cybies, all of dat. Build a martian moon base, not a dwarf fortress, and get imps, not goblins, invading. Cyberdemons and Spider Masterminds are megas, archviles and barons are semi-megas.

HELL. YES.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 10:05:44 pm »

If you want, i could put all my other projects on hold and start on that one. Just writing up the creature Raws, possible interactions(Because dammit i like magic!), maybe even some work on one of the Civs - UAC or Imp, probably. Im thinking the civs should actually be a kind of reversal:

Imp: Main playable civ. Build an epic demon fortress, tame wild demons that wander into your little area of Hell. No ability to make advanced alloys, but can throw fireballs - only a 50 tick cooldown.

Spiders: Arachnotrons, highly tech related civ - they have ranged weapons, build funky spider armor, and will come to trade with you. Very weak bodies, but well equipped, due to being cyborgs. Small chance of one being born with a syndrome that turns him into a Mastermind.

UAC: Primary antagonists, they have decent ranged weapons, OK armor, and will come to besiege you demon fortress. They won't have any beasts with them - only hell beasts should turn up in the actual game, you cant have stray puppies wandering around hell unless they zombies or sumfing - so thats a plus. And they have no special powers, either.

Hell Knights: Low populations, but they are numbered amongst the  "nobles" of hell. Quite strong - somewhere in between Imps and Barons, kinda like the game. Can throw fireballs with little to no cooldown, are immune to fire(NORMAL fire, that is), and should be quite proud, and maybe aggro as a result - they will come to trade, but a bad deal and they may decide to kill you with a pack of their strongest warriors. Mancubi can be brought with them as seige beasts, even though they are intelligent-ish. Kinda like trolls that can shoot fire. And take hits well.

Pain Elementals can be added, but they will turn corpses into Lost Souls, obviously Archviles can be added, they're basically necros, and pinkies will be kinda common in the wild. I would think former humans are a little meh, i wouldnt bother. Cacos of course, but might make them breathe gouts of dragonfire, so they extra-special. And maybe, just maybe, John Romero's Head can be a new kind of plant. Man, i been on these forums for like two weeks, tops, and i already blown so many minds...  (⌐□_□).
GENERATION 28:

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2017, 11:59:48 pm »

If you want, i could put all my other projects on hold and start on that one. Just writing up the creature Raws, possible interactions(Because dammit i like magic!), maybe even some work on one of the Civs - UAC or Imp, probably. Im thinking the civs should actually be a kind of reversal:

Imp: Main playable civ. Build an epic demon fortress, tame wild demons that wander into your little area of Hell. No ability to make advanced alloys, but can throw fireballs - only a 50 tick cooldown.

Spiders: Arachnotrons, highly tech related civ - they have ranged weapons, build funky spider armor, and will come to trade with you. Very weak bodies, but well equipped, due to being cyborgs. Small chance of one being born with a syndrome that turns him into a Mastermind.

UAC: Primary antagonists, they have decent ranged weapons, OK armor, and will come to besiege you demon fortress. They won't have any beasts with them - only hell beasts should turn up in the actual game, you cant have stray puppies wandering around hell unless they zombies or sumfing - so thats a plus. And they have no special powers, either.

Hell Knights: Low populations, but they are numbered amongst the  "nobles" of hell. Quite strong - somewhere in between Imps and Barons, kinda like the game. Can throw fireballs with little to no cooldown, are immune to fire(NORMAL fire, that is), and should be quite proud, and maybe aggro as a result - they will come to trade, but a bad deal and they may decide to kill you with a pack of their strongest warriors. Mancubi can be brought with them as seige beasts, even though they are intelligent-ish. Kinda like trolls that can shoot fire. And take hits well.

Pain Elementals can be added, but they will turn corpses into Lost Souls, obviously Archviles can be added, they're basically necros, and pinkies will be kinda common in the wild. I would think former humans are a little meh, i wouldnt bother. Cacos of course, but might make them breathe gouts of dragonfire, so they extra-special. And maybe, just maybe, John Romero's Head can be a new kind of plant. Man, i been on these forums for like two weeks, tops, and i already blown so many minds...  (⌐□_□).

Do it!

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2017, 12:09:57 am »

Hmm.... maybe. Convince me.  8)
GENERATION 28:

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2017, 05:13:07 pm »

Never been done before.

Also, imagine a dwarf covered in adamantine slaughtering demons.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2017, 08:48:22 pm »

That already happens lol! Tell ya what, i'll make a DOOM mod IF a) you help, and b) you help me make a Rick and Morty mod after the fact. Whadaya say?
GENERATION 28:

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2017, 09:01:03 pm »

Now it's gotta be a Rick 'n Morty vs Doom mod
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2017, 10:37:26 pm »

R-r-rick!!! Whats going on here! Th-theres demons everywhere rick! Demons! Oh god!

Oh SHIIIIIIIT! Morty, do you see what this means, Morty? We found the DOOM dimension, Morty! The DOOM universe, bi(belch)tch!

Whats wrong with you, Rick? Theres people d-dying! Theres blood everywhere! The- (pumps Morty with a Berserk Pack)
DIE! SUCK IT M**********S! IM GONNa EAT YOUR GUTS!!!! IM GONNA RIP YOU APART!!!!! RIP AND TEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats the spirit Morty! Reeeeally get into it! Haha!(fires BFG shot)
GENERATION 28:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5