Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: What games/shows/whatever do you wanna see DF mods for?  (Read 10441 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What games/shows/whatever do you wanna see DF mods for?
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2017, 11:02:05 pm »

A Godzilla or just a general Kaiju mod would be great. Trying to stop Godzilla from destroying your fortress would be pretty !FUN!

I tried to make one, but turns out that in dwarf fortress, Godzilla isn't as deadly as in the movies

Morps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 21, 2017, 12:50:59 pm »

I tried to make one, but turns out that in dwarf fortress, Godzilla isn't as deadly as in the movies

Maybe there could be a way to mod in a radiation syndrome which could make Godzilla's beam attacks more deadly?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2017, 05:33:44 pm »

Dunno if this fits but personally - I'd love to see people just design monsters of their own and add them to the game.

It's partially what attracted me to DF in the first place - being able to create my own creatures that aren't from specific shows, games, etc.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2017, 06:38:45 pm »

I find myself wondering what a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure mod would be like, sometimes. DFHack would be almost certainly mandatory. Implementing The World's time stop could be... interesting. I know nothing about DF modding, so I can't really be certain what is and isn't possible.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2017, 06:41:02 pm »

I've considered it, but I don't really see the point without some opportunity for procedural generation, and stand powers are way too unique for that to be reasonable.

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2017, 01:54:15 pm »

Ive been playing with the idea of a dune mod, with playable freman, converting corpses to water,taming sandworms. I need to figure out how to make a armor piece that slows the rate at which its wearer gets thirsty,and then there is Spice to figure out.
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2022, 01:11:08 am »

OK, in that case, stop modding DF and bingewatch all 8 seasons of Regular Show asap. It is legit the greatest thing to come out of Cartoon Network - and im counting the classics too. WATCH IT. NOW.

Nothing will ever be as great as that show.

Just finished, it was great.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2022, 06:51:39 am »

I would want to see a mod that include this race.

Name: Altis
Its human but with those changes:
1-If at the future there is a chance higher than 0% that at this time, during the previous 24 hours, you spent less than 21 hours sleeping, the character will automatically sleep. (this basically means you need to sleep a minimum of 21 hours per each consecutive 24 hours).
2-You can set yourself to sleep, at any moment at any time. And can wake up at any moment you want while sleeping as long you follow rule 1.
3-While sleeping you don't dream but can know the amount of time it passed since you slept.
4-While sleeping you don't feel pain (but the effects of being hit still happen), same with cold/hot and you can't hear sounds.

Bjorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2022, 09:59:41 am »

Ive been playing with the idea of a dune mod, with playable freman, converting corpses to water,taming sandworms. I need to figure out how to make a armor piece that slows the rate at which its wearer gets thirsty,and then there is Spice to figure out.

I'd love to play such a mod

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2022, 07:06:51 pm »

Once the game has working ships I wouldn't mind somebody trying to make a world based on the Monkey Island series games.  Undead, pirates, treasure, and sword fighting.  What more could you want?
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2022, 04:32:30 am »

I find myself waiting for the mythgen/magic stuff for the adaptation mod ideas I have. Not because of the procedural aspect, but because it will hopefully lead to a game that understands powers more. Like, for a One Piece procedural devil fruit powers is maybe not something you need, but the characters in the game need to understand things like "oh, this person can turn into a giant giraffe, that means they're powerful" and "I should look for devil fruits if I want to be comparably powerful". Otherwise the wheels of the world doesn't turn around in a sensible way (imho).

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2022, 07:47:30 pm »

Also....anybody know the webcomic Stand Still Stay Silent?  That would be a cool mod.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2022, 11:22:19 am »

I don't have time to manage it right now, but i did have a concept for a DF mod concept of another mod for EU4, Anbennar mainly through the setting but its one of those things which id have to seek permission first through its active developer team and creator.

There's a wide enough variety of races and compatible mechanics there to pass over to DF. Without going over the full span of everything, between 1444 to 1812, there's some notable  civilizations like the human nations of Marrhold (ride gryphons, live in a dwarf-hold), Coruvia (morally grey nation ruled by a secret panel of vampires) and certain events in the game that would be fun to cover.

Plus it already has its own alphabet attributed to its development process, good for cutting corners.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]