Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: What games/shows/whatever do you wanna see DF mods for?  (Read 10461 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: What games/shows/whatever do you wanna see DF mods for?
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2017, 02:29:10 pm »

I wouldn't know how to do it, but I was thinking that Steven Universe might work better as a separate roguelike/dungeon crawler, maybe set during the Gem War?

I've never seen Regular Show, so I don't know how well it would adapt.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2017, 07:41:47 pm »

OK, in that case, stop modding DF and bingewatch all 8 seasons of Regular Show asap. It is legit the greatest thing to come out of Cartoon Network - and im counting the classics too. WATCH IT. NOW.

Nothing will ever be as great as that show.
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2017, 12:04:53 pm »

I'll probably do that when I get a chance then.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2017, 09:15:10 am »

The world of Eorzea, from FFXIV.  Has a ton of interesting races, lore, monsters, everything.

Been working on it myself, a little frustrated with how Dorf handles multi-race civs - Most of Eorzea's civs are fairly egalitarian, but obviously Dorf only handles single-creature civs at any given time
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2017, 09:19:16 am »

You can create the illusion of multi-race civs with heavy reliance on castes.
My mods and forum games.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2017, 10:38:03 am »

I toyed with the idea of a SU mod once, but decided against it not only because it would require extensive DFHacking, but because the rules of the show are rather arbitrary (no real system for which types of Gems serve particular roles or how fusions work).  In a game with so many rocks, it would be disappointing to not be able to make Gems out of any gem type, so I would have wanted to create a system that used the inorganic raws to procedurally generate Gem castes, and that would have certainly disagreed with the show's canon.  Maybe Putnam would be interested though, given the DBZ and Homestuck mods I'd say he certainly has the skill to pull it off.

How about Metroid to round out the Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, and Pokemon 'verses?  Tech levels aside, that's a lot of creatures to work with, yet nothing too far out there in terms of physical abilities.

Here's something that hasn't come up: Star Control.  Tons of sapient species with really weird body shapes along with distinct behaviors and personalities.  Unfortunately they don't have much content besides species and space-age tech, so it would be hard to use them for a full conversion mod.  Maybe the Ur-Quan locked them all up on one primitive planet to keep them under control, since that is kind of something they might do.

Mass Effect could be fun for the same reasons, although ME's aliens aren't quite as creative as SC's in my opinion.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2017, 10:38:31 am »

I think I mentioned this elsewhere, but of all the Final Fantasies, I would most want to see a Final Fantasy 9 mod.  It's got a lot of do-able race/civs.  Alexandria, Lindblum, Burmecia, Cleyra, Black Mages, Qu, Summoners, Genomes, heck, even dwarves (Rally-ho!).  You might even be able to do something with Mist as an evil weather condition.  Lots of fun monsters to put in.  And the eidolons could be Mega-Beasts. 

FF8 would also be fun to explore, but I feel like its various forms of technology would be too difficult to capture. 

And dare I mention ... Legend of Dragoon
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2017, 03:00:02 pm »

1.They're all female, which would cripple their population, unless you deviated from canon to make male Gems or some other means of letting them breed.
I have little idea what you are talking about. However, if the female is a spouse_converter and a civ creature, and the male is a converted spouse, you will still have them get created in world-gen, but the males will never ever appear. Oh, wait, you want them to have a higher population. How about a entity position that can only be filled by a rare caste? As far as I know, people are continually created until all the positions can be filled, so there would be a higher starter population. No idea what 'Gems' you are talking about, though.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2017, 04:58:10 pm »

You can create the illusion of multi-race civs with heavy reliance on castes.

Yeah, the problem with that is that you then end up with a case where, say, a  Roegadyn can mate with a Lalafell and produce an Au Ra
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2017, 05:06:50 pm »

You mentioned ur interest in a FF9 mod when i made a post asking who would be into an FF6 mod(its still the best FF!)

Dragoon would be radical, as would Vagrant Story - its very well suited, what with the ability to target limbs and such in both games. Although im not entirely sure how it would translate into DF...

For a multi-race civ, i would suggest making everyone immortal and disallowing mating entirely - just make it so there are no female-type castes that can become pregnant. Not perfect canon wise, but it is a possibility. IMMORTAL EUNUCHS ALL AROUND!
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2017, 04:22:47 am »

I think I mentioned this elsewhere, but of all the Final Fantasies, I would most want to see a Final Fantasy 9 mod.  It's got a lot of do-able race/civs.  Alexandria, Lindblum, Burmecia, Cleyra, Black Mages, Qu, Summoners, Genomes, heck, even dwarves (Rally-ho!).  You might even be able to do something with Mist as an evil weather condition.  Lots of fun monsters to put in.  And the eidolons could be Mega-Beasts. 

FF8 would also be fun to explore, but I feel like its various forms of technology would be too difficult to capture. 

And dare I mention ... Legend of Dragoon?

I'd say why not a full Final Fantasy series mod? Everything from 1 to whatever sequel to that hallway and failed MMO they made. Especially creatures from FFIV, the only one I really got many chances to play.
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2017, 08:39:38 am »

I would love to see altis life human race made for df.
I wanna test if this mod is playable.

"What?"
There are mods for the game arma 3 called life mods, at those mods, people play at a server role-playing real life, at real time with almost no npcs, you can be a drug dealer, cop and etc....

Anyway, since players need, to eat, work, sleep..... they can't spend all their real life time at the game.

I would love to see/test if a society like this could work at DF, and if yes how this would change human society.

So the mod would be basically this:

1-Humans are playable, dwarfs aren't.
1.1-Maybe call this race altis, as a reference to the arma mod.

2-They need to sleep 21 hours per in game day. This simulates a player being able to play arma life everyday, but only 3 hours per day.

Actually that's are simple version of it the real deal would be WAY more complex:
1-Humans are playable, dwarfs aren't.
1.1-Maybe call this race altis, as a reference to the arma mod.

2-Humans don't dream, but can know the amount of time passed since they slept, while they are sleeping.

3-If WANTED (or if 4 happen) they can sleep at moment no matter if they are tired or not.
3.1-This happens in a instantaneous way.

4-They need to sleep 21 hours per in game day.  If at the past 24 hours the human spent less than 21 hours sleeping, they will fall asleep no matter what they are doing.

5-Humans can wake up at any moment they want while sleeping, as long at the past 24 hours they spent 21 hours or more sleeping.

6-They can sleep as much as they want, or as few as they want (but remember rule 5).

7-Its impossible to wake up a human while he is sleeping, he wont feel pain, wake up because of noises.. This doesn't mean he is immune to damage and etc.. just that he wont wake up because of pain.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 02:47:02 pm by exdeath »

Morps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2017, 06:57:24 pm »

A Godzilla or just a general Kaiju mod would be great. Trying to stop Godzilla from destroying your fortress would be pretty !FUN!

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2017, 08:06:37 pm »

How about an Iron Kingdoms mod? Fighting against the Monsters and Warjacks sounds like a ton of fun.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5