Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Everything you encounter in the game comes from somewhere...  (Read 2831 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Everything you encounter in the game comes from somewhere...
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 07:21:58 am »

Would trolls still appear in ludicrous numbers if they had either of the mount tokens but not SLOW_LEARNER?

I'd figure they'd still appear in fort mode sieges as normal (just without weapons).

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 12:28:11 pm »

I was under the assumption that trolls were outright broken and were contributing to livestock 'food' and also to citizens drawing off that food, trolls eat more trolls to support population then eat more trolls. Some evidence for this is that troll - beakdog levels will be almost exactly identical suggesting the cap has been broken.

There's supposed to be a cap on creatures in sites after the whole horsepocalypse thing to stop it happening again. Goblin levels also rise past the site capacity, as the populations of trolls do and trolls are livestock animals to goblins in fortress mode play.

0007526: Dark towers contain thousands of goblins and trolls, causing lag

Some other people mention intelligent civilian inbalances too
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:29:50 pm by FantasticDorf »

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2017, 11:25:24 pm »

I was under the assumption that trolls were outright broken and were contributing to livestock 'food' and also to citizens drawing off that food, trolls eat more trolls to support population then eat more trolls. Some evidence for this is that troll - beakdog levels will be almost exactly identical suggesting the cap has been broken.

There's supposed to be a cap on creatures in sites after the whole horsepocalypse thing to stop it happening again. Goblin levels also rise past the site capacity, as the populations of trolls do and trolls are livestock animals to goblins in fortress mode play.

0007526: Dark towers contain thousands of goblins and trolls, causing lag

Some other people mention intelligent civilian inbalances too

The reason tha goblins surpass the site cap is likely because they are 1:immortal, only dying from violence or disease. 2:They don't need to eat or drink, so they can go well above a sustainable population and be fine. And 3:that they produce an infinite amount of food for their underlings, also allowing them to live well above a usual stable population.(though the pop bug stop does happen with eating goblins, so it is likely also just a bug).

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 12:15:07 am »

If you  use legends viewer or look at the xml you can check actual regional populations, thats where it pulls non-intelligent creatures from, so you can make trolls extinct it would just take ya know, ages. Because the numbers are so ridiculously huge.

Basically re-spawning with a caveat.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 01:00:41 am »

If you  use legends viewer or look at the xml you can check actual regional populations, thats where it pulls non-intelligent creatures from, so you can make trolls extinct it would just take ya know, ages. Because the numbers are so ridiculously huge.

Basically re-spawning with a caveat.
I think the point is they're respawning well past the regional population pool number.

I suspect it's related to the fixing of animal populations to ensure sieges had mounts again in this version. The original issue was that they were all dying in worldgen.
Pages: 1 [2]