Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay  (Read 59868 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Ice and Decay
« Reply #720 on: March 26, 2017, 03:08:25 am »

"Good."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 26, 2017, 07:46:44 am »

Dar'yajira, who woke up at some point during that exchange and quickly extricated himself from between the two women, only now speaks up with a worried tone.  "Halfdragon should not worry for Shifter.  Dar'yajira is here, it will protect Shifter, just as it has protected Halfdragon.  Twolegs are frail and vulnerable, but neither Shifter nor Cat is either, they will not die."  He then affectionately bumps his head into Noir's side.

Dar will ask Grey to collect a piece of metal native to Lathal, possibly using his druidic sense to find a piece that's particularly useful for this idea.  Once back at base, he'll request that one of the mages take the metal, and either integrate it into his collar, or possibly form it into a light piece of armor if that wouldn't weigh him down.  He wants to be able to use it as something akin to a focus, letting him recall the nature of Lathal and cast druidic spells based upon it.

He'll also spend some time studying the lichen, and wondering whether it could survive in Omega Base.  If it doesn't seem impossible, he'll ask to have some of it brought along too.

As for levelups, 5 to Con (putting it to +1), 5 to Magic (plus 10 saved up, putting magic to +3).  All other points left unspent for now.  Already recorded on charsheet.

EDIT: Actually, gonna spend five skillpoints raising medicine from -1 to +0.  At some point one of the people Dar cares about is gonna be mortally wounded, and it would be nice if he has a chance to save them.  Charsheet updated.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 26, 2017, 01:36:16 pm »

Noir quietly gives a pet to dar..enjoying his soft fur.
Level up Ready to return to homebase
+5 to speed +5 to dex +5 to general knowledge +5 to medicine
Stats:
Strength:0
Constitution:1
Speed:0
Dexterity:0
Intelligence:-2
Memory:-2
Will:1
Charisma:2

Skills:
Unarmed combat:-2
Blunt weapons:-2
Sharp weapons:0
Ranged weapons:-2
Magic:2
Medicine:2 (10/15 spent to next)
General knowledge:0
Skill Mastery/specialization:1
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 26, 2017, 06:07:25 pm »

+5 to speed and memory, +10 to mastery.
Brings them to 1, 0, 2 respectively.

swipe a coil of rope, the ceramic pot and the yellow bar then join grey for transport back to omega.

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 27, 2017, 08:18:14 pm »

Aylia is not okay with abandoning Assin's star sprite to die. She wants to make sure it makes it back.

otherwise: Ready, Aylia collected her stuff before flying the cart down.

Levelup:
+Str
+Mag
Levelup:
+Con
+Unarmed
Captain grey waves a hand, and something in the distance moves away suddenly.
That's that, then.

Your stats are updated. please give me an updated list of forms you have acquired, and note that you are currently approaching your maximum number of forms. Aylia senses this, as each new form begins to feel more crowded in here shapemind.

Dar'yajira, who woke up at some point during that exchange and quickly extricated himself from between the two women, only now speaks up with a worried tone.  "Halfdragon should not worry for Shifter.  Dar'yajira is here, it will protect Shifter, just as it has protected Halfdragon.  Twolegs are frail and vulnerable, but neither Shifter nor Cat is either, they will not die."  He then affectionately bumps his head into Noir's side.

Dar will ask Grey to collect a piece of metal native to Lathal, possibly using his druidic sense to find a piece that's particularly useful for this idea.  Once back at base, he'll request that one of the mages take the metal, and either integrate it into his collar, or possibly form it into a light piece of armor if that wouldn't weigh him down.  He wants to be able to use it as something akin to a focus, letting him recall the nature of Lathal and cast druidic spells based upon it.

He'll also spend some time studying the lichen, and wondering whether it could survive in Omega Base.  If it doesn't seem impossible, he'll ask to have some of it brought along too.

As for levelups, 5 to Con (putting it to +1), 5 to Magic (plus 10 saved up, putting magic to +3).  All other points left unspent for now.  Already recorded on charsheet.

EDIT: Actually, gonna spend five skillpoints raising medicine from -1 to +0.  At some point one of the people Dar cares about is gonna be mortally wounded, and it would be nice if he has a chance to save them.  Charsheet updated. You are the first to +3 in any skill.
so, you have five stat points in reserve, and none left in skills, correct? Updated.

Hmm. aside form metal in the nearby area, or something specific you have in mind that you could immediately direct Grey to, it would require an actual set of actions to find a good item. as it is, Grey picks up a small, twisted sheet of aluminum, a couple fasteners, and a bit of wire.
Grey grabs an empty pot and puts in some lichen bearing metal bits. You'll have your own little farm back at base.
They'll survive with proper attention. One day, they might thrive at Omega.

Noir quietly gives a pet to dar..enjoying his soft fur.
Level up Ready to return to homebase
+5 to speed +5 to dex +5 to general knowledge +5 to medicine
Stats:
Strength:0
Constitution:1
Speed:0
Dexterity:0
Intelligence:-2
Memory:-2
Will:1
Charisma:2

Skills:
Unarmed combat:-2
Blunt weapons:-2
Sharp weapons:0
Ranged weapons:-2
Magic:2
Medicine:2 (10/15 spent to next)
General knowledge:0
Skill Mastery/specialization:1

leveled, and off you go.

+5 to speed and memory, +10 to mastery.
Brings them to 1, 0, 2 respectively.

swipe a coil of rope, the ceramic pot and the yellow bar then join grey for transport back to omega.

looted. sheet updated. and off you go.

Y'all climb onto the cart, Grey takes the reins and launches. He takes some time explaining the various mechanisms of the cart - flight, spider form, and wheeled, and how to properly control it in each form. He also explains the bubble shield - for use in emergencies to prevent sudden destruction from attacks. He makes sure youall are paying attention to these lessons, though he cautions you -2 gen. knows to not try it without more thorough instruction and training. Once trained, the cart will no longer be a gen. know skill, but one relying on memory and maybe a bit of intelligence. For simple uses it wouldn't require a roll. For Flying, take off and landing would probably still need a roll, thogh maintaining a course while already airborne, under ideal circumstances, would be considered simple.

While Grey is explaining all this, he brings the cart down onto the canyon plateau, driving it up to about twenty yards from the gate to the asylum.
I have work to do.
And with that, he's gone.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 27, 2017, 08:19:58 pm »

"Wait aylia where's ebony? We can't just leave her or is she already being picked up or something?

Noir then looked towards captain grey and bit her lip she wanted to say something...snd she decided to.
"....can you find out.....if jack has.....any kin...I can...send a letter to or the like...he......was.......I...just...I still can't believe he's gone and his family deserve more then a formal letter if they exist."
((Noir asked gray this))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 28, 2017, 02:25:33 am »

Dar accepts that he needs to go on a mini-adventure to find a good piece of Lathal, and uses his druidic senses to point him where something of that variety might be found, presumably accompanied by Grey.  He won't go very far from the cart and his allies, however.  Certainly nowhere that requires hours of travel.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 28, 2017, 06:20:58 am »

Dar accepts that he needs to go on a mini-adventure to find a good piece of Lathal, and uses his druidic senses to point him where something of that variety might be found, presumably accompanied by Grey.  He won't go very far from the cart and his allies, however.  Certainly nowhere that requires hours of travel.
Not hours? You sure? Your druidic sense finds something almost immediately, but it would require a bit of travel to get to. The object resonates with ... well, with the Heart of Lathal. It wouldn't take too long to get. You could be back by sunset.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 28, 2017, 03:25:12 pm »

No, not gonna take that quest, not unless Grey says his presence would make it much safer than normal.  Dar may be stupid, but he isn't so foolish to think that he is guaranteed to survive a day of travel through an environment which managed to kill or incapacitate 9/12 of the people sent into it, generally over much shorter spans of time.  Ah well.

...Unless that bit about "Immediately directing Grey to something specific" means he could be sent without Dar.  This cat has no compunctions about sending humans into what he feels is a deathtrap.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 28, 2017, 05:37:40 pm »

Hmmmmmmmmmm? All of those deaths (except one) happened very near the carts, and near or on the surface. Wouldn't Dar consider the carts to be the death trap?

Anyway, Grey is confident, but indifferent. He says you'd need to come along to find the item - he's just there to help.
If it makes you feel any better, I can send you with my assistant. She'll get you back to Omega. She's quite skilled.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 28, 2017, 06:34:05 pm »

((Actually, since he was mostly away from the carts and main group, he didn't see most of the deaths, if any.  Generally, he just kept coming back to find more corpses.  He also didn't understand the whole wishing thing, or that the zombification isn't normal for this world.))

Is the assistant human, or human-colored demihuman?  If so, no, back to base.  Otherwise... aww, screw it.  At least he can escape if he gets caught in a bad situation.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 28, 2017, 08:27:28 pm »

Bah. Back to Omega with you, then, scaredy cat. The bits Grey picked up are acceptable for your purposes.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49]