Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Abandoned Project.  (Read 38844 times)

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 20: Treason? Demons? Oh My!
« Reply #225 on: February 19, 2017, 08:10:38 pm »

Spoiler: Heading back up (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 08:14:43 pm by Crimson »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2017, 09:12:36 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 20, 2017, 11:21:53 am »

23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 22, 2017, 04:48:28 pm »

Spoiler: Sooth (click to show/hide)

Avanti!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 21: An Intermission of Sorts
« Reply #229 on: February 23, 2017, 07:05:01 pm »

Stop by where a merchant might set up shop while waiting for everyone else to arrive for Phantus's announcement.

Stopping his hobble-walk at the nearest sidewalk corner, the aberration known as the Merchant of the Labyrinth soon appears with folded arms.
"Good day, Arcodo. I understand that you are looking for a certain item or two... I can remedy this."
Reaching for his cart, he produces what looks to be a foot/ankle prosthesis from a blue satchel marked with a red cross laying on the packed cart. "Here's a prosthetic that should work just as well as your old foot. It's extra special because it connects to your brain almost instantly, so you require no training to take advantage of it."

He then pulls a smaller, rounder black bag from the cart and unties it. Reaching in, he pulls out a silvery book. "It's a guide to runic cryomancy, for beginners. You should be able to assimilate it since you're a Literi. So, for that coin of yours this is what I offer you. Do you accept my deal?" Although Arcodo can't see through his shades, he has a feeling the Merchant is staring rather intently at him.

Spoiler: South Gate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Agonist Plane Gate (click to show/hide)

Edit: It's treason then?

Tobias steps through the Gate to the Hub triumphantly. His mech appears to be colored differently than before, resembling an earthen and reddish shade of brown.
((NOTE: Phantus now speaks in lime green for sake of clarity.))

"Well, looks like the summoner survived too! Hot damn." Tobias turns his mechsuit to face Phantus, who is standing on top of a broken streetlight with cat-like equilibrium.
"Meet me at the same place as before with the rest of your group, I've made a recent discovery that is rather important." Phantus begins to put Whisper's mask back on to fade away. "I think you'll like it, it's good news."
Then he's gone, vanished into the Aether like he has done time and time again.

Spoiler: Heading back up (click to show/hide)

Crimson arrives shortly after Tobias. The beaten mage should look downtrodden and vacant, but instead he looks wide-eyed and somewhat manic. Every now and then he uncontrollably chuckles, before suddenly halting laughter and swearing under his breath. A colossal humanoid made of fire is carrying him, but it's flames seem to radiate no heat at the time and look peculiarly tame.
"Salutations, Crimson. Seems that good sense for danger didn't do you much good..." Phantus states from below the fiery cradle the pyromancer's construct has made for him with it's sizable arms. "Eh, that was a bit too cruel. Sorry." Looking up at his face, Phantus seems mortified by Crimson's Cheshire grin. "Was it really that funny?"

After Crimson informs him of the whole heart situation, Phantus shakes his head worriedly. "You're carrying some serious shit in that chest cavity of yours. The Agonists were a cult of dark wizards who used the power of pain rather than mana to cast their spells. Only a select few could ever take full advantage of their technique, however. This resulted in various artifices such as the stone heart you now possess." Phantus sets Whisper's mask down next to his feet for a moment. After shakily lighting another one of his unique cigarettes, he takes a drag before speaking again. "I wouldn't say that it's going to take over your or anything, but.." Exhaling the bright green smoke, he finishes his statement with "..you might find your magic corrupted and twisted into a much different form, and maybe some small anatomical changes as it binds itself to your body." He waves a hand dismissively, puts out his cigarette and places Whisper's mask back over his face. "I've got news for your group later. Make sure everybody, or at least most of everybody, shows up." are the last words he says before fading out of sight.

Trier exits the Gate in a hobble-step worse than Arcodo's. His legs look shorter than before, and part of their sharp shards dig into the ground as he drags his partially complete legs along. Nobody here seems to be able to benefit from his healing abilities, as not a single Visitor has any open or undressed wounds. Without warning, Trier gets a powerful feeling that Phantus is expecting him back at the apartment complex.

(As the turn ends, Trier's wounds fully heal.)

Spoiler: Sooth (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 07:07:02 pm by Mallos »
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 23, 2017, 07:11:43 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2017, 07:31:13 pm »

Accept deal, apply foot, take in book, and head toward meeting place for announcement.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2017, 07:45:49 pm »

"Hey, Prismata, I just thought of something and was wondering if you could enlighten me. Heh, 'enlighten'. Get it? Because you use light magic and- okay, bad joke, sorry. Anyway, earlier when we entered your plane, you attacked us. Why? Is it something the Labyrinth compelled you to do, or because you saw us as invaders threatening your home? Although I guess it was after those golems were destroyed, so we must have looked like hostiles trying to destroy your home. And how much do you know about us Visitors? Also, we may have to pass through your plane to reach another gate. Is there anything you would like me to grab for you while we're there? Personal effects, items with sentimental value, anything like that?"

Spend time talking with Prismata while waiting for others to get back. Let them know about the meeting, and head back to Phantus' apartment.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Crimson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2017, 10:48:04 pm »

"Ignore the pain. Need to relax."

Make elemental lay me down somewhere nice and comfy; a couch or bed or something like that. Just rest and try to relax. There is no pain. Everything is fine. None of my bones are fractured or anything. I have a normal heart, not a heart that turns pain into something else.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #234 on: February 24, 2017, 12:30:31 pm »

Yeah, follow larry. I'm really just looking for an excuse to push this button. [Insert Trump Presidency joke]

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 24, 2017, 02:44:37 pm »

Trier trundles over to the apartment complex.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 24, 2017, 10:47:22 pm »

Y4R-M8 returns to the Nexus, and looks for street vendor stalls, hoping for someone to man them.

Avanti!

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
Re: Labyrinth (8/8) Turn 22: Insidious Power
« Reply #237 on: February 25, 2017, 11:50:40 pm »

Accept deal, apply foot, take in book, and head toward meeting place for announcement.

As he concludes the process of trading with the mystery of a man that is the Merchant, Arcodo balances himself on one foot and takes off the crude prosthesis before affixing the superior one to his stub. Like he was told, it feels natural as his old foot- possibly more so. Arcodo then opens the text teaching the basics of runic cryomancy and assimilates it by touching it's pages to his chest. The papers fall out of the bindings and bury themselves under his 'skin' and he feels the knowledge enter his brain. Arcodo sets off for the apartment and reaches it in a punctual amount of time.

"Hey, Prismata, I just thought of something and was wondering if you could enlighten me. Heh, 'enlighten'. Get it? Because you use light magic and- okay, bad joke, sorry. Anyway, earlier when we entered your plane, you attacked us. Why? Is it something the Labyrinth compelled you to do, or because you saw us as invaders threatening your home? Although I guess it was after those golems were destroyed, so we must have looked like hostiles trying to destroy your home. And how much do you know about us Visitors? Also, we may have to pass through your plane to reach another gate. Is there anything you would like me to grab for you while we're there? Personal effects, items with sentimental value, anything like that?"

Spend time talking with Prismata while waiting for others to get back. Let them know about the meeting, and head back to Phantus' apartment.

Prismata sighs defeatedly, knowing that the bindings compel her to speak the truth. "I don't know about all of the others, but for me it's because that is my kingdom. My home. Solitude. You come in when you don't even belong in this place.. much less my room in it. And those golems are creations of mine designed to defend that plane, they are my sentinels- or were, until I was stolen from my domain and they have now been rendered torpid without my essence being channeled into them." Her reflection looks downtrodden momentarily, but the perpetual scowl returns after a few seconds. "Nothing of value is left there now. And I don't know a damned thing about you meddling fools aside from the fact that you don't belong here."

Tobias waits for any more allies that may emerge to inform them of the conference.

"Ignore the pain. Need to relax."

Make elemental lay me down somewhere nice and comfy; a couch or bed or something like that. Just rest and try to relax. There is no pain. Everything is fine. None of my bones are fractured or anything. I have a normal heart, not a heart that turns pain into something else.

Crimson decides that a comfy place to rest his broken body is a priority, and the fire elemental walks him to the only one he knows of. Phantus' apartment has the cushioned (yet low quality) chairs, and he needs to meet with the others anyway.

Entering into the room, he finds that thus far the only other Visitor there is Arcodo. His elemental has shrunk down a lot in order to comfortably fit inside the complex, and it's flames have died down even more so than before to prevent them from igniting the apartment. The elemental helps him into the most comfortable looking of the chairs, and Crimson takes deep breaths while waiting for the others so that Phantus will appear and share whatever important discovery he claims to have reached.

Yeah, follow larry. I'm really just looking for an excuse to push this button. [Insert Trump Presidency joke]

Trier trundles over to the apartment complex.

Trier trudges toward Phantus' apartment- apparently those new legs are still a little numb. When he gets there he notices Arcodo and Crimson have already gotten comfortable for the wait. Unfortunately Trier is a little too burly for the chairs, so he decides to just lean against one of the walls and wait for Phantus.

Y4R-M8 returns to the Nexus, and looks for street vendor stalls, hoping for someone to man them.

Y4R emerges from the gate, walking along the sidewalk. He isn't injured save for the small dagger lodged in one of his legs that he appears to have been so unconcerned about that he forgot it was even there. He must truly possess the memory(pun fully intended) of a TI-82 calculator.

The Merchant of the Labyrinth appears with not an iota of fanfare or boisterous announcement, and immediately springs to haggling.
"You found some loot and want to trade. As a master of mercantile, I can deduce that with little more than a momentary glance."
The Merchant produces a rifle of some form from an open box in his cart. It looks familiar to Y4R, and he quickly recognizes it as a plasma carbine. This is a model of charge rifle you are very familiar with- even though you use the unofficial moniker of 'plasma carbine' to refer to it, I am certain you have operated one many times before."
The Merchant lets out a raspy hybrid of a cough and a snicker before adding, "These things aren't cheap, particularly so in mint condition instances. As such, it will be the only thing I offer you for that chalice. They are both equally potent in their own ways, but you are much better off with something you can actually utilize. Deal or no deal?"
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 25, 2017, 11:57:25 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 26, 2017, 12:36:56 am »

"You think we chose to come here, then? No. I cannot speak for the others, but I was taken from my home, and all I want is to find a way back. I suppose I was lucky enough not to be bound by some idiot who reacts without considering the reasons for the actions of the being he bound. Though I suppose I may just be here as entertainment for whatever architect or architects made this place. Nevertheless, the utility you provide me is secondary to the danger you present unbound. I would be more than happy to return you to your home if you taught me your skills and were not a danger to me, and if you would be willing to allow us safe passage through your realm to other gates and back here. I'm not asking you to allow us to disturb you unconditionally or interrupt you from the solitude you desire, just to let us pass safely on the occasion we do enter your realm. The hypocrisy of keeping you from your home when I am kept from mine is not lost on me, Prismata." Tobias pauses for a few moments before asking another couple of questions. "Why is it that you wish to be alone? Is solitude all you have ever known, or did someone betray you so horrifically that you would never wish to interact with others again?"

Make sure to let the robot pirate know Phantus wants to meet with us, then head back to the apartment while talking with Prismata. If robopirate is still talking to the Merchant, also take the time to thank the merchant for suggesting the Demonology knowledge and providinf my eye, both of which were very useful.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22