Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should evolution be triggered?

As it currently is (randomly from greetings and combat)
- 3 (23.1%)
Only in combat (being in proximity to non allied creatures)
- 4 (30.8%)
Combat or Evolution Chamber (a free "trigger evolution" job)
- 5 (38.5%)
Only from the Evolution Chamber (including other requirements like friendship / trade)
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: [47.05] Dwarvemon Mod v2.1  (Read 93045 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Dwarvemon Mod v1.431
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2018, 06:20:15 pm »

Electrode's self destruct at the first sight of danger, I don't know if you meant for them to fight a little first, but as of now when used as war animals they hurt everyone around them a whole lot more than the enemies.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Dwarvemon Mod v1.431
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2018, 12:02:01 am »

I noticed there are three separate entity files. Are they all the same or different? You already have a modified entity document, but what is the difference for the ones listed in the "optional" file? Just seeing.
The optional ones change the types of Pokemon available to the default civs. One is specific to the civ (such as Dwarves having Steel/Rock/Ground), and the other has them all available to every civ.

Electrode's self destruct at the first sight of danger, I don't know if you meant for them to fight a little first, but as of now when used as war animals they hurt everyone around them a whole lot more than the enemies.
Their volatile nature is kind of intended, but from what I've read in Modded Hell it can be a bit overkill. I'll hopefully make them less likely to outright explode.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Dwarvemon Mod v1.5
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2018, 10:50:05 pm »

First part of the Mystery Dungeon update is done! This adds the basics you need to start your very own guild.

I expect there will be a number of bugs and issues, that's why I'm doing this initial update. Hopefully they can be found and dealt with before moving on to more PMD content.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2018, 06:19:21 pm »

The pmd entity file does not have a translation/language tag. Or am I missing it?

Or do we decide what to use?

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2018, 06:11:55 am »

The pmd entity file does not have a translation/language tag. Or am I missing it?

Or do we decide what to use?
Pokemon don't really have a language, so i decided not to do one. Its whatever DF defaults to when it isn't included (which is a mix of all other files if i remember).

You could easily use your own though.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 01, 2018, 03:18:12 am »

I did not know that. I thought it meant they'd not talk or it would be like when you gave the Utterances tag to things and they attack each other and everything.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2018, 07:51:25 pm »

Hey there, been wanting to try and get this to work with Masterwork, but I seem to be running into a consistent brick wall. While I can gen worlds fine, each time I try and go to Legends, or to Start a new game, Dwarf Fortress completely crashes. I know its from the Dwarvemon Mod, cause when I remove all the Dwarvemon related Files it works fine and I can start a game, no issue. Any known reason why this occurs?

EDIT: Tried it several more times in last 2.5 hours or so, and yeah, the world Generates. But once I start it up, it crashes. I got a clean Error Log, and there seem to be some clear problems concerning the Skorupi and the Drapion, in the Vermin File and in fourthgen file. These errors came up.

Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_fourthgen.txt"
SKORUPI:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: TAIL_PINCER
SKORUPI:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SKORUPI Color Mod Ending With (WHITE,1) Was Not Used
DRAPION:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: TAIL_PINCER
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_zpokevermin.txt"
SKORUPI_V:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: TAIL_PINCER
SKORUPI_V:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SKORUPI_V Color Mod Ending With (WHITE,1) Was Not Used
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 10:55:36 pm by chaosfiend »

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2018, 03:57:01 pm »

Hey there, been wanting to try and get this to work with Masterwork, but I seem to be running into a consistent brick wall. While I can gen worlds fine, each time I try and go to Legends, or to Start a new game, Dwarf Fortress completely crashes. I know its from the Dwarvemon Mod, cause when I remove all the Dwarvemon related Files it works fine and I can start a game, no issue. Any known reason why this occurs?

EDIT: Tried it several more times in last 2.5 hours or so, and yeah, the world Generates. But once I start it up, it crashes. I got a clean Error Log, and there seem to be some clear problems concerning the Skorupi and the Drapion, in the Vermin File and in fourthgen file. These errors came up.

Code: [Select]
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_fourthgen.txt"
SKORUPI:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: TAIL_PINCER
SKORUPI:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SKORUPI Color Mod Ending With (WHITE,1) Was Not Used
DRAPION:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: TAIL_PINCER
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_zpokevermin.txt"
SKORUPI_V:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: TAIL_PINCER
SKORUPI_V:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
SKORUPI_V Color Mod Ending With (WHITE,1) Was Not Used

I know there's an occasional problem with Dwarvemon itself where certain regions will crash on embark, but I haven't had legends not work before. When it comes to compatibility with other mods, I cant guarantee that they will work together.

As for those errors, its likely something in Masterwork uses the same body part name but has it attached differently to the mod. If you changed the name for it in body_pokeparts and in the Skorupi/Drapion creature definitions, it should fix that. I don't think that would cause the game to not work though.

When I can, I'll have to investigate the crashing problem a bit more. Unfortunately, I'm without my computer right now as I recently moved house, and I'm also finishing up a semester of uni work, so things have been a bit busy for me.

Death Dragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 16, 2018, 02:07:54 am »

Did you consider making a custom world_gen.txt that creates maps in the shape of the pokemon world?
For example, similar to this Kanto/ Johto map:
https://i.imgur.com/nPAIW70.jpg

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 18, 2018, 11:48:50 pm »

Did you consider making a custom world_gen.txt that creates maps in the shape of the pokemon world?
For example, similar to this Kanto/ Johto map:
https://i.imgur.com/nPAIW70.jpg
I haven't really messed around with world gen settings, but i'd imagine something like that could possibly be done. Maybe even recreated with the world painter.

M00S12

• Bay Watcher
  • :)))))
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 29, 2018, 09:08:15 am »

Do all pokemon just lay 1 egg?

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 29, 2018, 05:32:42 pm »

Do all pokemon just lay 1 egg?
Yes, as they do in the games.

RappyRed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2019, 04:11:42 pm »

I'm lost when it comes to modding, I have LNP, and CLA as a tileset, I've tried getting the pokemon graphic set working but no matter what I do the sprites either remain a generic default, or letters, I've placed the graphicset in raw/graphics and in the LNP's Tileset graphics and nothing seem to work, I also tried putting the images in the folder that generates with the tileset in raw/graphics but still no luck, yet it still seem to load it because trying to load unupdated saves gives me an error saying the graphics are missing, any ideas?

EDIT:

The sprites show properly in object testing mode, they don't seem to work in adventure or fortress mod though, fortress mod just gives me a random sprite for my settlers and adventurer mode makes all the other NPCs a random graphic from the tileset I use, not sure if that's meant to happen or not, I know you as an adventurer in adventurer mode always show as an adventurer specific sprite, but I'm not sure about the NPCs, nor if it's meant to be like that in fortress mod.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 05:19:06 pm by RappyRed »

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2019, 05:41:09 pm »

I'm lost when it comes to modding, I have LNP, and CLA as a tileset, I've tried getting the pokemon graphic set working but no matter what I do the sprites either remain a generic default, or letters, I've placed the graphicset in raw/graphics and in the LNP's Tileset graphics and nothing seem to work, I also tried putting the images in the folder that generates with the tileset in raw/graphics but still no luck, yet it still seem to load it because trying to load unupdated saves gives me an error saying the graphics are missing, any ideas?

EDIT:

The sprites show properly in object testing mode, they don't seem to work in adventure or fortress mod though, fortress mod just gives me a random sprite for my settlers and adventurer mode makes all the other NPCs a random graphic from the tileset I use, not sure if that's meant to happen or not, I know you as an adventurer in adventurer mode always show as an adventurer specific sprite, but I'm not sure about the NPCs, nor if it's meant to be like that in fortress mod.
I don't use LNP, so I'm not sure when it comes to that. But the Pokemon graphics have to be placed directly into the raw/graphics without being inside a folder.

EDIT:
I have no idea what could be causing it. There might be weirdness going on with LNP? or the other graphic sets you have.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 05:47:12 pm by FirePhoenix11 »

RappyRed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2019, 04:21:13 pm »

EDIT:

I don't use LNP, so I'm not sure when it comes to that. But the Pokemon graphics have to be placed directly into the raw/graphics without being inside a folder.

EDIT:
I have no idea what could be causing it. There might be weirdness going on with LNP? or the other graphic sets you have.

Nah, I just tried it with plain ol' dwarf fortress, still doesn't show anything, and I tried both with and without TWBT, as I said, it only happens for non-player adventurer mode units and fortress mode units, but wild units seem to be fine as well as units spawned in the object testing arena.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 04:34:47 pm by RappyRed »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14