Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should evolution be triggered?

As it currently is (randomly from greetings and combat)
- 3 (23.1%)
Only in combat (being in proximity to non allied creatures)
- 4 (30.8%)
Combat or Evolution Chamber (a free "trigger evolution" job)
- 5 (38.5%)
Only from the Evolution Chamber (including other requirements like friendship / trade)
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: [47.05] Dwarvemon Mod v2.1  (Read 92443 times)

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Dwarvemon Mod (500/802 Pokemon)
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 10:43:39 pm »

Yeah that's kind of a shame.

Maybe make it so that random humanoid variants can spawn civs during worldgen?
Like the base game's x-man system (Owl-man, seal-man, whatever), except actual civ instead of just savage wanderers/hamlet builders.
It isn't too hard to just slap on the "man" variant, but I haven't really tried entity modding yet. Making 802 separate civs for each Pokemon seems kinda ludicrous, but I'll have to look into it and see. If I do make it, it will be bonus content that someone can include if they want.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2017, 11:29:46 pm »

802 civs does sound really unwieldy. You could have them act like the animal-people tribesmen that can be encountered. That wouldn't be 802 civs, just one with a huge list of [CREATURE:X] tokens. Each one that generated would pick a random pokemon to fill the tribe.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 02:35:02 am »

802 civs does sound really unwieldy. You could have them act like the animal-people tribesmen that can be encountered. That wouldn't be 802 civs, just one with a huge list of [CREATURE:X] tokens. Each one that generated would pick a random pokemon to fill the tribe.
I could probably go with this, but apparently any civ just chooses randomly with the creature tokens anyway. I'll have to try things out and see what works well.

Tibb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 11:50:58 am »

Masterwork DF and Dark ages: War & Mythos use a script for random generation. I know MWdf has it configured to be able to do a number of things, including generate a number of sapient creatures that show up in adv mode.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91255.0CreateObject

But if you really want to use this mod in fortress mode, it's pretty straight forward. Assemble your dwarf fortress of choice; modded or not or whatever, drop this mod in, pick the playable civ you want to replace from an entity_ text and replace the CREATURE: entry with the all caps of the species you want, then edit the species you want to play to have whatever you want of the appropriate tags you can probably copy over from the civ you're replacing from the respective creature_ text. [INTELLIGENT] and [EQUIPS] and [CANOPENDOORS] for example. It's also safe to delete all creature_ texts besides the ones that came with this mod, and all the entity_ texts as long as you make sure to have at least one entity_ text with at least one civ inside it, else worldgen might not work.

It works, for the most part, though you might need to copy over the gaits if you notice any weirdness. (for instance, if you use Clefairy you might notice they move really slow respective to dwarves.)

Some species are pretty weak compared to others, and make for incredibly challenging fortress embarks.
Some species don't seem to survive as civs often in worldgen; For instance, almost every worldgen I've tried with Ghastly as a civ  ends their entire species within the first 30 years.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 01:34:06 pm by Tibb »

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Dwarvemon Mod (515/802 Pokemon)
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 06:44:57 pm »

Since I changed the method for trading/friendship evolution to a better one, I did a small update. Now they just apply the syndrome directly to themself.
It works, for the most part, though you might need to copy over the gaits if you notice any weirdness. (for instance, if you use Clefairy you might notice they move really slow respective to dwarves.)
Clefairy has a low speed stat (35) and that determines their gaits unless described otherwise. So it wouldn't be too strange for them to be slow.
Some species are pretty weak compared to others, and make for incredibly challenging fortress embarks.
Some species don't seem to survive as civs often in worldgen; For instance, almost every worldgen I've tried with Ghastly as a civ  ends their entire species within the first 30 years.
I'd imagine so, Pokemon arn't exactly balanced (hence why certain ones become "meta") and I guess I'm kind of replicating that.

Also I tried out making my own Pokemon civ, making it similar to "adventurer guilds" in the Mystery Dungeon universe. Unfortunately its only of one Pokemon type and all the other civs tend to just destroy them easily. I might try out making a "man" variant sometime but having to make one for every Pokemon is essentially doubling the amount of creatures (and I'm currently focusing on other work which is way more important).

Tibb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 07:14:09 pm »

You can just make a single civ and then add all the creatures to it. Just keep adding [CREATURE: ] tags to the same entry and they'll all be part of that civ, and make the [TRANSLATION:ADVENTURER]

For example: I did this to replace the dwarf entry in entity_default

Code: [Select]
[ENTITY:MOUNTAIN]
[SITE_CONTROLLABLE]
[ALL_MAIN_POPS_CONTROLLABLE]
[CREATURE:MACHOP]
[CREATURE:CLEFAIRY]
[TRANSLATION:CHILD OF THE MOUNTAIN]

Both are considered "Child of the mountain" and are part of the same civ during worldgen. On some worldgens, clefairy don't survive and it just ends up with machop, but sometimes they survive together.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:15:52 pm by Tibb »

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 07:25:48 pm »

You can just make a single civ and then add all the creatures to it. Just keep adding [CREATURE: ] tags to the same entry and they'll all be part of that civ, and make the [TRANSLATION:ADVENTURER]

[SITE_CONTROLLABLE]

Both are considered "Child of the mountain" and are part of the same civ during worldgen. On some worldgens, clefairy don't survive and it just ends up with machop, but sometimes they survive together.
I did add all of them (thank god for Notepad++), its just a guild will only be of one species. Unless actually specifying the translation tag is whats needed to make them mix together.

Tibb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 07:44:33 pm »

No the TRANSLATION is just what it's called in dialogue.

I have no idea why yours came out as only one species? Although i'm pretty sure they all need at least [CAN_CIV]?

Tibb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 07:55:37 pm »

That's not it either. Some times they are together and sometimes they aren't. Dwarf fortress is a mystery.

I did find out that if you put [INTELLIGENT] in the entity_default section rather than the creature, worldgen works fine as if they were intelligent but as soon as you embark your fortress crumbles.

Wonder if any super modders know a way to add 800+ diff creatures to a single civ and have them all show up and have the [intelligent] tag but also leave their base creatures without the [intelligent] tag?

probably some sort of script-based wizardry.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:57:21 pm by Tibb »

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2017, 08:30:28 pm »

That's not it either. Some times they are together and sometimes they aren't. Dwarf fortress is a mystery.

I did find out that if you put [INTELLIGENT] in the entity_default section rather than the creature, worldgen works fine as if they were intelligent but as soon as you embark your fortress crumbles.

Wonder if any super modders know a way to add 800+ diff creatures to a single civ and have them all show up and have the [intelligent] tag but also leave their base creatures without the [intelligent] tag?

probably some sort of script-based wizardry.
Probably, I want to try and stick with modding just raws anyway. There's quite a bit you can do with them alone, but the stuff I want to do shouldn't need scripting in any way, unless I really wanted to flesh out having actual stats and stuff like that.

Any idea on what causes people from other civs to join certain ones? I know they can be "outcasts" but I've seen humans, elves and goblins become part of Dwarven civs. Even having humans become liaisons on their behalf.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2017, 03:55:42 pm »

PTW. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds awesome! :D
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2017, 08:38:50 am »

I just have to say, this mod is incredibly fun. Only question is that I noticed Arceus and a few other pokemon are separated into every different type and a regular no type-d Arceus. Any reason for that?

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2017, 02:43:06 pm »

I just have to say, this mod is incredibly fun. Only question is that I noticed Arceus and a few other pokemon are separated into every different type and a regular no type-d Arceus. Any reason for that?
I assume your talking about the default cast (any tags put before a caste definition or with 'ALL' selected). It adds tags to all other castes you define and doesn't appear by itself if you have defined other castes. There's plans to be able to switch Pokemon like that between their types, but considering the requirement of capturing them it would barely see use. I'll still put it in anyway, just in case someone is lucky enough.

For now, all different types appear with equal chance. When I do implement changing of type, they will be restricted.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2017, 07:33:25 pm »

Alright! Just something I noticed while messing around in the arena. Thanks for the answer.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2017, 11:17:58 pm »

[SITE_CONTROLLABLE]

This doesn't work. It just means that whenever it placed a MOUNTAIN entity its population is either machop or clefable, not both, one of them, at random.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14