Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should evolution be triggered?

As it currently is (randomly from greetings and combat)
- 3 (23.1%)
Only in combat (being in proximity to non allied creatures)
- 4 (30.8%)
Combat or Evolution Chamber (a free "trigger evolution" job)
- 5 (38.5%)
Only from the Evolution Chamber (including other requirements like friendship / trade)
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: [47.05] Dwarvemon Mod v2.1  (Read 93038 times)

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Dwarvemon Mod (750/802 Pokemon)
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2017, 11:30:01 pm »

Another Gen down, one more to go! After v1.0 I'll begin focusing on stuff from the poll in order of most votes. If Berries/Plants remains equal with abilities at that time, it will be first since it was in the lead for the longest.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2017, 12:02:08 am »

I can just imagine the !!FUN!! that would result from Pokemon abilities, so I'm hoping that stays the top.

The Primal Groudon Asskick McDeathtodwarves has come!
Primal Groudon's Desolate Land!
The sunlight turned extremely harsh!
Urist has melted. (x99)

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Dwarvemon Mod v1.0
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2017, 02:45:26 am »

Version 1.0 is here! It's been 6-7 months, but I have finally completed all the Pokemon! Now to go through and revise them all, which will be the next update. After that, other Pokemon related content will be the focus.

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2017, 02:42:38 pm »

How does pokemon evolve, is it based at his attributes?

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2017, 05:16:15 pm »

Q:
How do Pokemon evolve?
A:
Every month is assumed to be 1 gained level and when enough time passes, they will transform into their next stage (using a syndrome that does so).

Q:
What about special requirements for evolving? (Trading/Friendship/Stones/Location)
A:
Trading and friendship both happen as a "greeting". Trading causes evolution instantly whilst friendship takes 1 month. Those requiring certain locations evolve after being to a specific biome, and those that require specific items have the "Evolution Chamber" workshop.
Tyrogue technically evolves based on its attributes, but its actually separate casts (having either higher attack/defence or being equal in both stats).

exdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2017, 06:49:47 am »

Q:
How do Pokemon evolve?
A:
Every month is assumed to be 1 gained level and when enough time passes, they will transform into their next stage (using a syndrome that does so).

Q:
What about special requirements for evolving? (Trading/Friendship/Stones/Location)
A:
Trading and friendship both happen as a "greeting". Trading causes evolution instantly whilst friendship takes 1 month. Those requiring certain locations evolve after being to a specific biome, and those that require specific items have the "Evolution Chamber" workshop.
Tyrogue technically evolves based on its attributes, but its actually separate casts (having either higher attack/defence or being equal in both stats).

Thanks, didn't saw the Q&A and was assuming the pokemon evolved when the sum of his attribute values, reached X% of the sum of his max possible attribute values

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2017, 07:25:46 pm »

v1.1 is going to take quite some time, mostly because there's so much to fix going through all the Pokemon again and not because my classes are on break and I'm being lazy. On top of that, I've started using Dwarf Portrait to help visualise the Pokemon and let's just say, some look very much like them. And others...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So there might not be an update for a while.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2017, 12:31:13 am »

Pfff, I might have to do some of those Dwarf Portraits-ing myself.
Good job on finishing the Pokedex though, Phoenix! If only I had waited a little longer to start the fort... but I think we've come a long way, so it works out! :D
Looking forward to future additions!

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2017, 08:42:34 am »

Can play as pokemon trainer or pokemon in adventure mode ??

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2017, 08:22:21 pm »

Can play as pokemon trainer or pokemon in adventure mode ??
Q:
 How do I catch/recruit Pokemon?
A:
You can't in adventure mode unless it's one that can speak (any that communicate through telepathy) or its vermin that you can pick up.
So as of yet, you cant really be a Pokemon trainer (at least for now, they might add animal taming in adventure mode some time in the future). And if you want to play as a Pokemon, you have to add [LOCAL_POPS_CONTROLLABLE] to their raws.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2017, 10:56:31 pm »

I can just imagine the !!FUN!! that would result from Pokemon abilities, so I'm hoping that stays the top.

Urist has melted. (x99)

I like to imagine I caused the sudden doubling in Ability votes thanks to this post.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2017, 02:48:54 am »

Urist has melted. (x99)

I like to imagine I caused the sudden doubling in Ability votes thanks to this post.
More than likely, I guess people want to watch their Dwarves melt (but I wouldn't actually make the ability like that. It might cause !!FUN!! in other ways though).

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2017, 04:12:47 pm »

More than likely, I guess people want to watch their Dwarves melt (but I wouldn't actually make the ability like that. It might cause !!FUN!! in other ways though).
Some people just want to watch the world burn
True true; though I imagine other abilities would cause !!FUN!!. Flame Body and Magma Armor, for instance. Wanna hug your loving pet? Nope; you're now on fire.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2017, 09:31:54 pm »

Looks like v1.1 will be delayed further. Besides being in the last trimester of my degree, my computer's main drive suffered a failure and set me back a few weeks worth of work (I do have a backup on my laptop for when I work on the mod out of home, but I haven't recently due to focusing on my final project and such). There is a chance that it can be recovered, which is surprising considering its an SSD (which either it works or it doesn't), but I have yet to hear about it.

So far it's been a slow process going through every Pokemon, fixing and cleaning them to make them just right, but I'm about half way done at this point. I can't really give an ETA on when I will release it, but much like when I was creating the Pokemon in the first place, they will all eventually be completed.

EDIT: Looks like it couldn't be recovered. Luckily it wasn't too much lost, but I can't help but feel a little demoralized (and thus I learnt the importance of cloud backups).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 12:15:51 am by FirePhoenix11 »

huehuehue

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2017, 01:04:39 am »

it's almost like the pokemon have depression.
Losing is Fun.
Yeah, thats my sig.
So what?
It's fun!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14