Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should evolution be triggered?

As it currently is (randomly from greetings and combat)
- 3 (23.1%)
Only in combat (being in proximity to non allied creatures)
- 4 (30.8%)
Combat or Evolution Chamber (a free "trigger evolution" job)
- 5 (38.5%)
Only from the Evolution Chamber (including other requirements like friendship / trade)
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: [47.05] Dwarvemon Mod v2.1  (Read 92429 times)

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
[47.05] Dwarvemon Mod v2.1
« on: January 24, 2017, 05:32:12 am »

v2.1

Welcome to the world of Pokemon. This world is inhabited by creatures called Pokemon! For some people Pokemon are pets. Others use them for fights. Your very own Pokemon legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with Pokemon awaits!

A mod that adds Pokemon and Pokemon related stuff.

All Legendary/Mythical/Ultra Beasts etc pitted in a fight.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Features:
• 898 Pokemon.
• Evolution.
Abilities.
• Legendary Megabeasts.
• Mythical Semi-Megabeasts.
• Status conditions (syndromes).
• Berries/plants.
• Items.
• Optional Mystery Dungeon content.
• Optional Trading Card Game content.
• All kinds of Pokemon related FUN.

Download.
Mirrors:
Dropbox.
One Drive.
How to install:

Recommended graphic set by Thorjelly.
Soundsense pack.

Q/A:

Known issues:

Changelog:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 02:12:50 am by FirePhoenix11 »
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Dwarvemon Mod (435/802 Pokemon)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 05:47:02 am »

I was wondering when I'd see a pokemon mod. Now to watch the chaos unfold
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 12:10:03 pm »

This sounds great. Is Lord Helix included?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 05:25:46 pm »

This sounds great. Is Lord Helix included?
Not yet, but I can easily do it (I have something planned for fossils, but stuff like that comes after I complete all the Pokemon. For now fossil Pokemon are just rarer then others).

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 10:16:09 pm »

How long have you been working on this? 435 creatures must have taken ages.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:10:03 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 10:47:48 pm »

Nice!

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 11:18:10 pm »

How long have you been working on this? 435 creatures must have taken ages.
Just over 3 Months. It was slow to start (figuring out how stuff works along with being in the middle of classes) but sped up once I got the hang of it and had Raws to copy.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Dwarvemon Mod (450/802 Pokemon)
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 10:21:44 pm »

Updated with a few fixes and more Pokemon, bringing the total completed to 450. I actually figured out how to get EBO (Extra Butcher Object) working for certain items, so maybe having item drops can be a thing now (I attempted to have Shuckle drop a berry when being butchered, but couldn't get it working. So for now I will make it drop something like a Sun berry until I add Oran berries).

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Dwarvemon Mod (475/802 Pokemon)
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 10:50:18 pm »

Another update! I saw that Gen 7 only had about 20 Pokemon left to make so I spent an entire day on it, so now both Gen 6 and 7 are fully complete. There's also various other additions/changes/fixes ect. The next update will probably take longer as my classes will (apparently) be starting next week and my focus will turn to that.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 12:09:46 am »

so uhh it's possible to make wild critters to follow you if you make an interaction that increases their thrill seeking adventuring trait and giving them can talk.
there a slight chance of them not wanting to join for varied reasons but so far it works.
though this might mean either making an adv reaction to creating a syndrome that does this to simulate throwing a Dwarvéball or skip that with an interaction.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 04:40:21 pm »

so uhh it's possible to make wild critters to follow you if you make an interaction that increases their thrill seeking adventuring trait and giving them can talk.
there a slight chance of them not wanting to join for varied reasons but so far it works.
though this might mean either making an adv reaction to creating a syndrome that does this to simulate throwing a Dwarvéball or skip that with an interaction.
Interesting, I'll have to try out something like that. Maybe an interaction that briefly gives them "can speak" so you can try to recruit them, or Poke Balls that are "liquid" (as solids cant apply syndromes on contact) and are thrown at them to apply the syndrome (with better Poke Balls having a higher chance at applying it).
But from what I know, there will be animal taming in adventure mode some time in the future so depending on how that works, I might go with the Poke Ball idea.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Dwarvemon Mod (500/802 Pokemon)
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 06:26:31 pm »

Decided to push out another update before my classes start. I spent an entire day working on evolution stones and got that all working (most of the time) and it currently has tons of errors relating to missing Pokemon, so expect that to be in v1.0 when all the Pokemon are finally completed.

Tibb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 09:10:23 am »

I was goofing around with raws;
As a test I removed the redundant can_speak tag and added [INTELLIGENT][EQUIPS][CAVE_ADAPT][DIURNAL][SMELL_TRIGGER:90][LOW_LIGHT_VISION:10000][LIKES_FIGHTING][STRANGE_MOODS][TRANCES][BENIGN][CANOPENDOORS]

to Riolu creature, and [INTELLIGENT][EQUIPS][LIKES_FIGHTING][TRANCES][BENIGN][CANOPENDOORS] to the Lucario creature..

Then replaced in entity_default the dwarf entry with [CREATURE:RIOLU][TRANSLATION:RIOLU], and the human entry with [CREATURE:LUCARIO][TRANSLATION:LUCARIO].

It worked, oddly enough. Was interesting, and I could probably set up a scenario where all the base civs are replaced with first tiers of various types edited like this, and just have their next evolution up be savage or something and see what the worldgen result is.

I did run into some weirdness, though. At one point I approached a Riolu mayor and this happened,

Code: [Select]
The mayor Olin Avuznosing: Hello B‰mbul.
The mayor Olin Avuznosing breathes a cloud of Olin Minedbrush's riolu n/a vapor!
The mayor Olin Avuznosing is caught in a burst of Olin Minedbrush's riolu n/a!
The mayor Olin Avuznosing is caught in a cloud of Olin Minedbrush's riolu n/a!
You are caught in a burst of Olin Minedbrush's riolu n/a!
You are melting!
You are melting!
You are melting!
You are melting!
You are melting!
You are melting!
You are melting!
You are melting!
You are melting!
You are melting!
You are melting!
You are melting!

I assume it was the evolution syndrome, and the entry for that ability has no adventure name, so it shows up as an invisible entry for the adventurer.
Using it themselves as an adventurer, though, it seems to work as intended, and doesn't melt or anything. The evolution doesn't seem to happen until the site gets unloaded, though, IE: sleeping or traveling.

Second weirdness:

For some reason, going from riolu with superior strength ends up with a lucario with low strength. (I assume it has something to do with how small creature strength is treated vs large)

I assume these aren't really direct bugs, as this raw editing was never the intention of the mod itself, but thought I'd bring it up.

As to a suggestion for the mod: Maybe some object or objects that give off evolution syndromes, maybe each species has its own unique trigger rather than having identical, or maybe some reaction you can use on items that gives off a cloud? Would be neat if pkmn could CAN_LEARN and it checked for skill progression somehow?

Seems kind of silly that they can just randomly belch it out themselves for a mass evolution party.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 05:37:22 pm »

I was wondering when someone was going to make a civ from Pokemon.
I assume it was the evolution syndrome, and the entry for that ability has no adventure name, so it shows up as an invisible entry for the adventurer.
Using it themselves as an adventurer, though, it seems to work as intended, and doesn't melt or anything. The evolution doesn't seem to happen until the site gets unloaded, though, IE: sleeping or traveling.
It might be melting due to heat, but I'm pretty sure I made it to be a fixed temperature that doesn't burn everything. So I don't know whats going on there. Also I haven't really tested evolution in adventure mode so things will more or less be strange with it.

For some reason, going from riolu with superior strength ends up with a lucario with low strength. (I assume it has something to do with how small creature strength is treated vs large)
Transforming into creatures does seem to have weirdness relating to skills. One thing I do know is that it seems to get rid of your natural skills and doesn't give you the natural skills of the creature you transform into (this applies to animals and stuff too). I noticed this with Mega Evolving Pokemon as the Pokemon you evolve doesn't gain the natural skills of the Mega Evolution and seems to loose its own (Gengar loosing its natural sneak and not gaining the fighting skills of the mega).

As to a suggestion for the mod: Maybe some object or objects that give off evolution syndromes, maybe each species has its own unique trigger rather than having identical, or maybe some reaction you can use on items that gives off a cloud? Would be neat if pkmn could CAN_LEARN and it checked for skill progression somehow?

Seems kind of silly that they can just randomly belch it out themselves for a mass evolution party.
I've been meaning to change the method of evolution for trading/friendliness. I have tried making "emit" the evolution syndrome locally to a body part but it doesn't seem to work. Actually I just thought of a new method, I'll have to do some testing.

CAN_LEARN would prevent Pokemon being slaughteredand who would want to do that? and in a Pokemon only world that would kinda leave you without meat, bones and other butcher items.

Tibb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 10:29:26 pm »

Yeah that's kind of a shame.

Maybe make it so that random humanoid variants can spawn civs during worldgen?
Like the base game's x-man system (Owl-man, seal-man, whatever), except actual civ instead of just savage wanderers/hamlet builders.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14