Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should evolution be triggered?

As it currently is (randomly from greetings and combat)
- 3 (23.1%)
Only in combat (being in proximity to non allied creatures)
- 4 (30.8%)
Combat or Evolution Chamber (a free "trigger evolution" job)
- 5 (38.5%)
Only from the Evolution Chamber (including other requirements like friendship / trade)
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: [47.05] Dwarvemon Mod v2.1  (Read 92437 times)

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Dwarvemon Mod (550/802 Pokemon)
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 01:16:20 am »

Mostly just added Pokemon in this update as I've been kept rather busy with projects, so I just focused on adding more. Gen 2 will be completed in the next update once I get around to it as there's only about 10 to go, I just wanted to push an update out since I hit 550 completed Pokemon.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2017, 03:38:01 pm »

Have I already mentioned that pignite's MEVO acts like its FEVO?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2017, 05:53:50 pm »

Have I already mentioned that pignite's MEVO acts like its FEVO?
I wouldn't be surprised considering the amount of copy pasting I do. Easily fix'd.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Dwarvemon Mod (601/802 Pokemon)
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2017, 08:20:35 pm »

Caught a bit of a break from projects so I actually got quite a bit done. I've been experimenting with reactions for evolving Pokemon with items/stones and I have a way that works most of the time, but is there any way to guarantee it to work? I have it create a liquid that boils immediately and inflicts the syndrome through contact/inhalation, but it only seems to work 1/5 of the time.
Is making it turn into a vapour possible? Since that would actually cause contact and apply the syndrome if it condenses on a Pokemon (it would also be cleaned immediately as transformation removes any covering on a creature).

richta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2017, 03:43:13 pm »

hey can somebody do a lets play of this mod?

Thorjelly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2017, 10:38:29 am »

I love it! Thanks. Here, I made a graphic set for you, so you can see the individual pokemons. It includes entries for ALL pokemon so it should stay relevant as new entries are added, with any luck.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12794

Feel free to use it any way you want, include it in your mod if you'd like.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Thorjelly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2017, 02:02:18 pm »

So now that the dwarves are in control of pokemon, it's only fair to ask...

What do you guys think would be the best pokemon to base a leather/meat industry off of, eh?

I haven't seen any snorlaxes available on embark yet.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2017, 03:05:49 pm »

So now that the dwarves are in control of pokemon, it's only fair to ask...

What do you guys think would be the best pokemon to base a leather/meat industry off of, eh?

I haven't seen any snorlaxes available on embark yet.
My best guess would be Mudsdale if your civ has access to them (which most should since its a pack animal), otherwise it would be the biggest common domestic, Torterra.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2017, 04:29:16 am »

I love it! Thanks. Here, I made a graphic set for you, so you can see the individual pokemons. It includes entries for ALL pokemon so it should stay relevant as new entries are added, with any luck.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12794

Feel free to use it any way you want, include it in your mod if you'd like.

I cant believe I missed this. Funny enough I was recently thinking of making my own, but after giving it a try and having a few issues with it I gave up and just focused on the mod itself. I'll put a link to it because that's some awesome work right there.

Thorjelly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2017, 02:55:41 pm »

Thanks! Tell me if there are any issues with it. I haven't really tested it too much, yet.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 03:04:01 pm by Thorjelly »

Thorjelly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2017, 01:28:56 am »

I've noticed that the Gastly icon doesn't work, and looking into it, it's because you spell it Ghastly in your raws. The actual pokemon name is Gastly though, without the h.

Thorjelly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2017, 05:04:55 pm »

Also, sorry for three posts in a row. But a quick look in legends mode seems to indicate why no pokemon megabeasts are attacking. It's because they're all dying off. I think they are just pretty underpowered. I think they need to be buffed quite a lot.

I ran two different generations, with beasts set to very frequent and history set to normal, and in both cases all but one pokemon megabeast was killed off by year 250, and most were already killed off by year 125.

Also, one more suggestion, possibly relatedly. I think you need to buff the size of pokemon. Snorlax, for example, has a size that is half of a Water Buffalo, yet its weight listing is higher than the average water buffalo.

Size is probably very important for the survivability of megabeasts, so maybe you should take some liberties and also buff their size possibly beyond what you might expect, so that they tend to live longer

EDIT: Ooh it hurts to see a Mega Mewtwo Y basically instantly being killed by an elf of all things.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 06:07:12 pm by Thorjelly »

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2017, 07:04:56 pm »

Also, sorry for three posts in a row. But a quick look in legends mode seems to indicate why no pokemon megabeasts are attacking. It's because they're all dying off. I think they are just pretty underpowered. I think they need to be buffed quite a lot.

I ran two different generations, with beasts set to very frequent and history set to normal, and in both cases all but one pokemon megabeast was killed off by year 250, and most were already killed off by year 125.

Also, one more suggestion, possibly relatedly. I think you need to buff the size of pokemon. Snorlax, for example, has a size that is half of a Water Buffalo, yet its weight listing is higher than the average water buffalo.

Size is probably very important for the survivability of megabeasts, so maybe you should take some liberties and also buff their size possibly beyond what you might expect, so that they tend to live longer.
I've had forts in the year 5 and 100 that have lasted 3-5 years without being attacked, even when the only semi-mega/megabeasts where Pokemon (mostly in custom generation, quick still had titans/forgotten beasts). I did have a Latias attack when I forgot to add the attack trigger and a Darkrai at some time but that was about it.

As for size, I've just been doing weight * 1000 (* 10000 for legendary Pokemon) but I've been meaning to redo the size to be weight * 1000(or 10000) * height which would be more accurate to volume. I'm close to pushing out another update so I'll have to try out that formula.

And Pokemon has kinda weird heights / weights anyway and I wasn't sure if I was gonna go over or under with the sizes.

Thorjelly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2017, 08:13:40 pm »

What do you mean pokemon has weird weights and sizes? It's perfectly natural for a wailord to literally be a vacuum inside.

Theoretically, weight should in itself be accurate to volume, but as you say things in the pokemon world are weird.. size and weight are not important at all to gameplay in the pokemon games but they are significant in DF, so I guess you need to get more creative. Probably something like multiplying it by height may make sense, for most pokemon!

Also is there any way you could like... add more "materials" that pokemon are made out of to simulate defense, so something that has high defense is made out of a better material? If you don't already do that.

I honestly don't know how any of this works so I'm not one to give suggestions really..
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 08:19:58 pm by Thorjelly »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14