Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should evolution be triggered?

As it currently is (randomly from greetings and combat)
- 3 (23.1%)
Only in combat (being in proximity to non allied creatures)
- 4 (30.8%)
Combat or Evolution Chamber (a free "trigger evolution" job)
- 5 (38.5%)
Only from the Evolution Chamber (including other requirements like friendship / trade)
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: [47.05] Dwarvemon Mod v2.1  (Read 92430 times)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Dwarvemon Mod v1.0
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2017, 01:56:13 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
it's almost like the pokemon have depression.
Wait, I could relate to pokemon this whole time and I never knew? Huh.

huehuehue

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2017, 02:12:46 am »

it's almost like the pokemon have depression.
Wait, I could relate to pokemon this whole time and I never knew? Huh.
hello darkness, my old friend....
Losing is Fun.
Yeah, thats my sig.
So what?
It's fun!

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2017, 08:49:40 pm »

Looks like v1.1 will be delayed further. Besides being in the last trimester of my degree, my computer's main drive suffered a failure and set me back a few weeks worth of work (I do have a backup on my laptop for when I work on the mod out of home, but I haven't recently due to focusing on my final project and such). There is a chance that it can be recovered, which is surprising considering its an SSD (which either it works or it doesn't), but I have yet to hear about it.

So far it's been a slow process going through every Pokemon, fixing and cleaning them to make them just right, but I'm about half way done at this point. I can't really give an ETA on when I will release it, but much like when I was creating the Pokemon in the first place, they will all eventually be completed.

EDIT: Looks like it couldn't be recovered. Luckily it wasn't too much lost, but I can't help but feel a little demoralized (and thus I learnt the importance of cloud backups).
What's wrong with me for not noticing this?

I don't blame you for feeling demoralized; I'm really sorry, Phoenix... I hope refixing it goes quickly now that you know what to do, but make sure you put lots of time into school! We're always here to back you up, man! :)

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2017, 04:29:06 am »

I've finally completed my degree (yay), and now have free time again. Not much progress was made, but I'm just over half way done now, so much like when I first released the mod I'm going to do a beta for 1.1. Hopefully I should get it done before the next major DF update, then I'll finally work on abilities.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 04:34:08 am by FirePhoenix11 »
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Dwarvemon Mod v1.0 (1.1 beta)
« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2017, 09:30:01 pm »

I am sorry if I missed it in the comments, but if vermin pokemon can be tamed in adventure mode, how do I do that?

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 29, 2017, 09:37:03 pm »

I am sorry if I missed it in the comments, but if vermin pokemon can be tamed in adventure mode, how do I do that?
Q:
 How do I catch/recruit Pokemon?
A:
You can't in adventure mode unless it's one that can speak (any that communicate through telepathy) or its vermin that you can pick up.
Technically you can't, but picking them up counts as taming right? Just throw them at your opponents.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2017, 03:04:12 pm »

Thank you for the info. It feels like someone could make a mystery dungeon game in dwarf fortress with this mod.

Edit: I found out how to get animal people as a playable option while still having online pokemon in the wild. Just copy the base animal biome and delete it, then place it under the animal man version (or list any biome there really I think). neither will show up i worldgen, but are still an option in adventure mode.

Even more edit: can we melt down parts of steel pokemon to get metal? I saw you get sapphires from butchering sableyes
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 10:23:18 pm by Zavvnao »

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 31, 2017, 10:27:55 am »

If the poke-civs would be too much, maybe a caste-based species for each type or egg-group would work instead of 800+ civs.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 01:40:27 pm by Zavvnao »

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 31, 2017, 05:59:32 pm »

Thank you for the info. It feels like someone could make a mystery dungeon game in dwarf fortress with this mod.

Edit: I found out how to get animal people as a playable option while still having online pokemon in the wild. Just copy the base animal biome and delete it, then place it under the animal man version (or list any biome there really I think). neither will show up i worldgen, but are still an option in adventure mode.

Even more edit: can we melt down parts of steel pokemon to get metal? I saw you get sapphires from butchering sableyes
I actually experimented with making Pokemon civs, basing them off guilds from Mystery Dungeon.

And no, but it would be easy to make it so you could. The major problem is, it would make steel (or other metals like iron/zinc) much more accessible, and would have to be balanced in some way to make it a less reliable source then mining and smelting it (and only as a backup should you run out/not have it on your map).

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2017, 01:14:41 pm »

This could also be the base of a Pokemon Conquest mod.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2017, 08:54:58 pm »

I actually experimented with making Pokemon civs, basing them off guilds from Mystery Dungeon.

And no, but it would be easy to make it so you could. The major problem is, it would make steel (or other metals like iron/zinc) much more accessible, and would have to be balanced in some way to make it a less reliable source then mining and smelting it (and only as a backup should you run out/not have it on your map).

I guess that would take the fun out of the game. I do think you have a great mod here, and will inspire me and others to play around with modding till Mystery Dungeon and Conquest  is in DF.

Plus this made me play Dwarf Fortress again and learn stuff I had not known about the game.

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2017, 09:19:25 pm »

Pokemon mod, huh...I'm trying this one out, because I love Pokemon and I'm hella curious how it works.

Also I have to ask, but did you add something to this that warns when a dwarf is up a tree, because I have never seen that before despite having lost dwarves stuck up trees. It just saved one of my miner's life when it paused and notified me of it and I need this in every game so badly.

EDIT: How does the evolution chamber work? Trying to make Vaporeons (because why not) but not really sure it's working...the site just seems to toss out dust and nothing happens even when I pasture Eevee in it. Do I need to wait and hope?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 10:02:36 pm by FortunaDraken »
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2017, 05:45:44 am »

Also I have to ask, but did you add something to this that warns when a dwarf is up a tree, because I have never seen that before despite having lost dwarves stuck up trees. It just saved one of my miner's life when it paused and notified me of it and I need this in every game so badly.
I'm pretty sure that's a DF hack thing?

EDIT: How does the evolution chamber work? Trying to make Vaporeons (because why not) but not really sure it's working...the site just seems to toss out dust and nothing happens even when I pasture Eevee in it. Do I need to wait and hope?
Mostly, but its likely that the Eevee might be going to evolve into an Umbreon / Espeon / Sylveon etc, and wont be affected. The next version of the beta includes a way to see if a Pokemon will be affected by the evolution chamber or not (by showing an (e) next to the name, meaning it won't be affected as its going to evolve).

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2017, 08:26:45 am »

I'm pretty sure that's a DF hack thing?
If it is, it's never worked in any of my normal forts, and that makes me a very sad panda. Still, woot for saving lives at least once!

Mostly, but its likely that the Eevee might be going to evolve into an Umbreon / Espeon / Sylveon etc, and wont be affected. The next version of the beta includes a way to see if a Pokemon will be affected by the evolution chamber or not (by showing an (e) next to the name, meaning it won't be affected as its going to evolve).
Ahhh, that makes sense. It wouldn't surprise me if they were trying to evolve into something else, they'd been around in my fort for awhile in a pasture with a pair of Espeons. I shall have to retry it sometime if I can get the caravans to bring me fresh Eevee. Do they need to be near the chamber to work, or will it just boom to whatever's able to be affected by it in the fort?
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2017, 09:44:28 am »

Ahhh, that makes sense. It wouldn't surprise me if they were trying to evolve into something else, they'd been around in my fort for awhile in a pasture with a pair of Espeons. I shall have to retry it sometime if I can get the caravans to bring me fresh Eevee. Do they need to be near the chamber to work, or will it just boom to whatever's able to be affected by it in the fort?
They need to be in the chamber and exposed to the gas it emits.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14