Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should evolution be triggered?

As it currently is (randomly from greetings and combat)
- 3 (23.1%)
Only in combat (being in proximity to non allied creatures)
- 4 (30.8%)
Combat or Evolution Chamber (a free "trigger evolution" job)
- 5 (38.5%)
Only from the Evolution Chamber (including other requirements like friendship / trade)
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: [47.05] Dwarvemon Mod v2.1  (Read 92931 times)

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
Re: [47.04] Dwarvemon Mod v1.51 (v2.0 test build)
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2020, 03:10:20 am »

Here's some good news. I've finally encouraged myself to start more regular work on adding Pokemon.

A sample:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarves for scale:

Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2020, 04:40:30 pm »

Here's some good news. I've finally encouraged myself to start more regular work on adding Pokemon.

A sample:
Dwarves for scale:

Cool! Are you using some modified/newer version of DF portrait which shows hair or do they have colored skin?

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2020, 07:13:19 pm »

A sample:
Dwarves for scale:

Cool! Are you using some modified/newer version of DF portrait which shows hair or do they have colored skin?

I'm using the version for 43.05 as that's what has been sitting in my work files. I haven't bothered updating since it works fine. It shows hair as the top layer, but I tend to colour the skin in the main colour they are unless there's clear layering.

Kyca

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 18, 2020, 10:27:08 pm »

v1.51

Welcome to the world of Pokemon. This world is inhabited by creatures called Pokemon! For some people Pokemon are pets. Others use them for fights. Your very own Pokemon legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with Pokemon awaits!

A mod that adds Pokemon and Pokemon related stuff.

All Legendary/Mythical/Ultra Beasts etc pitted in a fight.

Features:
• 807 Pokemon (Gen 8 to be done).
• Evolution.
Abilities.
• Legendary Megabeasts.
• Mythical Semi-Megabeasts.
• Status conditions (syndromes).
• Berries/plants.
• Items.
• All kinds of Pokemon related FUN.

Download.
Test build.
Mirrors (Test build):
Dropbox.
One Drive.

Recommended graphic set by Thorjelly.

Q/A:

Known issues:

Changelog:
Sorry if it's simple, but can someone explain to an idiot how to install this mod?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 19, 2020, 08:59:30 pm »

Download and unzip the file, then copy and paste the text files inside to the objects folder inside the raw folder in the Dwarf Fortress folder.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2021, 03:50:28 pm »

I apologize if I'm disturbing anything, but how is progress on this mod so far?

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2021, 12:44:38 am »

I apologize if I'm disturbing anything, but how is progress on this mod so far?
Things have been very slow and I haven't touched the mod since August last year. I'm just over halfway done with the Gen 8 Pokemon and will have to add the rest of the related stuff + PMD. I'm finding the inspiration to continue but my free time is iffy right now.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Dwarvemon Mod v1.51 (v2.0 test build)
« Reply #187 on: November 08, 2021, 07:37:19 pm »

Hey all. It's been quite a while since I've even touched the mod at this point (over a year), but here I am to assure you all that I'm not dead. I've decided to at least push an update of what I've done in the test build as hopefully I might get some work done on the mod again.

As a bonus, I've created a Soundsense pack for the mod which includes a ton of sounds. It's pretty substantial but still hasn't been entirely tested, so feedback is welcome.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Dwarvemon Mod v1.51 (v2.0 test build)
« Reply #188 on: December 27, 2021, 09:05:44 pm »

I've pushed what might be the last update for the test build before officially releasing it next month. Pretty much everything is done so far as I know, but I still want to iron things out before making it official.

One major change I'd like feedback on is removing evolution from being triggered by greetings (except for friendship/trade). It is now only triggered by getting into combat (as DEFEND / FLEE), which would allow more control over it along with allowing items like the everstone to be useful and actually usable. I've changed the poll to gather numbers, but feel free to let me know thoughts on it.

Also, PMD content has yet to be updated and will be done so after the release of 2.0. After that, work might slow down again on the mod. At that point though, I'll probably work on extra optional content like the TCG stuff then other spin-off games.

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Dwarvemon Mod v2.0
« Reply #189 on: January 23, 2022, 08:56:54 pm »

2.0 is officially released!
And just in time for it being 5 years since releasing this mod publicly.

Despite a year of no activity, the mod has come so far since I actually started working on it back in late 2016. At first, it was simply messing around with modding for an analysis I had to do for a uni assignment. Showing the benefits of an easily usable and readable system to develop content for a game as in depth as Dwarf Fortress. Absol (my all time favorite Pokemon) was the first Pokemon I created, followed by Magikarp, then Pikachu. After that assignment, I figured why not go the whole way and make all of the Pokemon? There didn't seem to be a Pokemon mod that was updated so why the heck not.

Now here we are, with over 1000 creatures total (1015 normally / 1120 if you include all optional / 2208 if using PMD + optional) with fully functioning abilities and items, community games, some videos and even a streamer featuring the mod.

I'd like to thank everyone who has downloaded and played the mod. This is the biggest thing I've ever done online and I'm so glad to see people enjoy the work I've put into it.

Danialmaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Dwarvemon Mod v2.0
« Reply #190 on: January 31, 2022, 05:25:45 pm »

thank YOU for creating such a fun and FUN mod!

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.05] Dwarvemon Mod v2.1
« Reply #191 on: February 20, 2022, 02:12:46 am »

The PMD content is all updated along with some additional stuff. My next focus is on the TCG content along with what was added in Legends: Arceus.

Ithilrandir

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 02, 2022, 09:36:42 pm »

How do I catch and tame a mythical pokemon like Arceus?

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 06, 2022, 07:52:25 pm »

How do I catch and tame a mythical pokemon like Arceus?
In fortress mode you would have to wait for them to attack (which happens at the same requirements as normal semi-mega/mega beasts) then catch them with cage traps and possibly stunning/webs. They can be trained like other Pokemon once you catch them. Smaller ones are exclusive to adventure mode so you would have to embark on top of their lair.

As for adventure mode you currently cant, but I'm thinking of a possible system to do so.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 07, 2022, 04:53:00 am »

I am sorry for the necro, but sine I can't pm the mod maker, and its a question specific to this particular mod, I don't have much choice.

If I want to try adventure mode in the mystery dungeon mode, would pokemon stop hatching or being layed from eggs as I wander around? I am not the most experienced with dwarf fortress still, so I don't know how creatures that need nest or incubator things work work outside of world creation.

I am only asking in case I want to start a fortress in a world I might adventure a lot in, and don't want any migrants showing up too old (some pokemon have a very low starting death tick  in the max age token).
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14