Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for Community Game Players (Aurora 4x)  (Read 357 times)

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
Looking for Community Game Players (Aurora 4x)
« on: January 24, 2017, 05:49:04 pm »

Not entirely sure if this is the right forum, but...

Several months ago, I started a small multiplayer game of Aurora (aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php) with some of my friends. Sadly, life happened to them (a few of them were too busy with school and such to really play effectively). As a result, there are now just three people remaining. In order to spice up the game again, I'm looking for some new blood for the game, as I would definitely not like to just end the game because I've spent a non-insignificant amount of time coming up with backstories and such for the various surprises I have planted around the galaxy.

The schedule is generally a turn every two weeks. You don't have to have played Aurora before, but you better be ready for a learning curve if you haven't. We generally communicate by email.

If anybody would be interested in joining, please PM me your email (and include something mentioning Aurora so I know that's why).

The following is a short history of the game:
In the year 2025, the various empires of Sol were at peace. Each nation began with a small to mediumish fleet (depending on how the players made their starting decisions), and there was peace for several years. However, the Democratic Union of America soon launched an unprovoked attack on the Mahja Empire, causing a short battle in which they destroyed the alien PDC which rested on Earth and retreated, losing only one ship. The battle was stopped by the sudden appearance of an alien vessel in Sol--the first that had ever been seen. They immediately demanded, in English, that the fighting cease and that the empires of Sol submit to their rule, or face destruction. They gave the empires several years to think about it. The empires were obviously taken aback, and the petty fighting ceased--for now. There was peace for several years, during which the aliens seemed content to let the empires think. However, as the time period expired, the Democratic Union of America was immediately attacked. After the battle, the alien ships were driven from the battlefield, with the help of El Imperio del Antier. Just two years later, the invading aliens reappeared in force, bringing in many new ships, as well as another new alien race which helped the aliens invade. The battle lasted for many days, and in the end, the invading aliens had lost only a few of their vessels, while the empires of Sol had lost a great number of ships, perhaps half of the total ships in the system.

Peace was the order of the day for a three years, during which the empires exchanged some messages of goodwill, but ultimately failed to form any lasting alliance. Exploration and such happened too. Then, another alien race entered the system. This time, they did not speak English, and we have been attempted to establish communication with them ever since (this was the year 2038). (Special Note: These aliens are not an NPR, they are of my own creation and the players have to actually decipher their messages). However, the aliens were not hostile, and seemed content to sit on the jump point they had emerged from. But then, forces from Ignavis Deliquio launched a vicious attack on the Democratic Union of America, which, though initially successful, resulted in the complete destruction of the Ignavis Deliquio Navy. This was followed up by an all out assault from El Imperio del Antier, beginning with a ground invasion, and, when that was repelled by a nuclear defense from PDCs, a nuclear bombardment of the surface, leaving Mercury a frozen wasteland and killing hundreds of millions. The planet was conquered by El Imperio del Antier (hence the statement that "Ignavis Deliquio was on Mercury"). There is currently a resistance movement on Mercury, but they have yet to gain any real strength. Communication has continued with the aliens for the past couple of years, bringing us to the current day, when there was a revolt (read: a player resigned) in the Mahja Empire, and a ship from Ymerodraeth y Hynafiad (the invading aliens from several years earlier) entered the system.

In the intervening several years, many of the empires began to begin expansion attempts, and the situation on Mercury has mostly been contained. But now, a large fleet from Ymerodaeth y Hynafiad has entered the system and threatens to destroy our way of life as we know it (although you'll join after this is over, so...).

You have the following options of empires to take over:
Democratic Union of America:
A very martially focused nation, whose motto is "God, Guns, and Glory." They currently occupy Mars, a planet that has suffered a number of nuclear bombardments, but is mostly fine. They also have a mining colony on one of the asteroids of Sol.

Ignavis Deliquio:
Conquered, but not defeated. El Imperio del Antier has killed over half of their people and turned Mercury into a frozen wasteland, but now a rebel leader who calls himself Vindex is attempting to mount a resistance. Thus far he has been unsuccessful. Note: If you choose this empire, you will have NO colonies, NO ships, and NO ground troops (yet, I've got plans for them. If you're interested, PM me).

Mahkra Empire:
A mostly reclusive and isolationist empire which prides itself on its massive, multipurpose ships. They generally keep to themselves, but have at least made token attempts to aid in times of great crisis.

Taulandia:
An empire of strange, music and math loving creatures. Mostly pacifists, but have fought in the past when it is required. Their government has tended to be extremely cautious, preferring for their civilian sector to do most, if not all, of the exploration of the galaxy.

Obviously I will send significantly more information once you have made your selection.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 05:50:47 pm by kytuzian »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Community Game Players (Aurora 4x)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 06:42:15 pm »

You have come to the right place, but the wrong subforum, good sir / madam

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=47678.msg7334846#msg7334846
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479