Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 57

Author Topic: Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!  (Read 74797 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Paranormal 25 - Game over! Town victory!
« on: January 24, 2017, 03:47:08 pm »

Wow, it has been two years since I last ran a Paranormal. Way too long.

Anyway, same business as normal. Min 9 players by preference, although I can lower that if needed. Probably don't need to specify a max given the low turnout in games lately.

Signups will continue until Friday which will give me the weekend to finalize the setups and get PMs written. Game should start next Monday.

Players
  • hector13
  • TheDarkStar
  • fillipk - Human Agent
  • Shakerag - Human Telepath
  • Tiruin
  • Persus13
  • Deus Asmoth - Doppelganger Telepath
  • doll - Human Observant Guard
  • webadict
  • Leafsnail
  • IronyOwl - Human Enchanter
  • RattyB - Doppelganger Leader
  • 4maskwolf
  • TheBiggerFish - Doppelganger War Vet

Backups:
FallacyofUrist
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 04:07:01 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - [SIGNUPS 0/9]
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 03:48:07 pm »

Here are the current rules:

Here is the (current) list of possible roles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Definitions:
    Doppelganger: These foul creatures kill and eat humans, taking on all of their memories and abilities. Once they have a form, most doppelgagners cannot change again. They are a flawed species, and possess and uncontrollable bloodlust forcing them to kill and eat humans each night. Their goal is to destroy all of the humans in the town and make their way out into the larger world.
    Night Kill: Any kill that happens during the Night Phase. The Doppelgangers each get 1 Night Kill as a group, in addition to any allowed by Roles.
    Morningkill: A morning kill happens between the night and day phase, and cannot be prevented by abilities that prevent night kills (Such as the Guardian). A Morning Kill will always look like it recently happened.
    Abduction: When a player abducts another player, two things happen. First, the abducted player is role-blocked for the night. Second, that player is removed from play for that night (and possibly the game). While removed, they cannot be the target of any other night action and cannot vote or be lynched during the day. Exceptions: The Paranoid War Vet and Sentry Gun are not role-blocked by an abduction, and will kill the player attempting the abduction. Abducted players are not role-flipped until their abductor leaves the game.

I've written a perl script to pick roles and whatnot randomly. It has some rules that it follows, but it should make for a nice amount of randomness to the set-up. Note that while I'll generally just go with whatever it spits out, I may make modifications to the set-up in order to make a more interesting game or to test out a specific feature. Also note that I will intentionally mess or not mess with stuff just to screw up anyone depending on the Gambler's Fallacy.

Note that the script NO LONGER restricts most roles to only one or two per side. Being able to use meta-game deduction to determine that someone must be town/scum breaks the game, so I've removed the aspects of the game that allow that.

Not all roles are guaranteed. In fact, it's quite possible to have a game with nothing but normal doppelgangers and humans.

General Rules:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Feel free to ask for clarification on any rule.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 11:57:01 am by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

RattyB

• Bay Watcher
  • Help.
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 05:25:49 pm »

I would love to play, but I may not have time until the last week of February.
Good day to you, sir!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 05:37:13 pm »

I will in, please.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 06:04:19 pm »

In.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - [SIGNUPS 2/9]
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 08:28:37 pm »

In
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 06:18:36 am »

I'm interested but would prefer to get through the BM before I tackle anything as 'rules-heavy' as this.
I'll formalize an in on friday if nothing moves with the BM and this doesn't fill up with people who are actually certain that they want to play (in which case I'll add to the list of replacements).

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 09:49:46 am »

Well, I suppose I should shake off the dust every so often.

In.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - [SIGNUPS 4/9]
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 08:07:33 am »

25. The factor of 5 o-o

In!

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - [SIGNUPS 4/9]
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 10:42:53 am »

Sure I'll in.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - [SIGNUPS 6/9]
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 11:16:26 am »

Oh, the classic setup that is Paranormal.

I'll go in the replacement list. Or maybe fully in if you don't get enough folks to start.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 12:31:43 pm »

Well, we definitely need some more so far.

But I can add you to the replacements list for now. Might also need to extend the sign-ups for a bit. We'll see how it all goes.
Come play Mafia with us!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2017, 01:28:28 pm »

In
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - [SIGNUPS 7/9]
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2017, 07:58:18 pm »

Still a little short of where I'd like to be, so I'll extend the signups out for a bit.
Come play Mafia with us!

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 25 - [SIGNUPS 7/9]
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2017, 08:03:33 pm »

At this point I I'll
In

PPE: thought I posted this, I'll still in anyway
A semi-closed setup (and a Meph game!) is probably more representative of the B12 experience than a BM anyway
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 57