Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

After Wave 2 of the add-ons are done, would you like to see a Wave 3?

Aye!
- 6 (100%)
Nay!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: [44.12] Culture Shock (17.1) (A Windows 32-bit Mod)  (Read 42665 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Re: My first mod! Simple Racial Variants
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 09:11:24 pm »

Here is what the races you mentioned are like actually:

Hellspawn, actually, are not evil. Merely cursed with immortality, flight, and firebreath.
(Not really a curse, now that you think about it...)

Dark Elves are more D&D-ish, but with a few differences. Mainly, they are above ground.

And the Monitor Lizard Men, lore wise, (probably will put lore in the description soon) are about standard human level when it comes to tech. The reason is of human influence from a couple centuries back. Basically, humans meet monitor lizard men, show them tech, give them said tech, and go on their merry way, unknowingly birthing an enemy that will ambush, siege, steal, and baby-snatch on their way to the top.

Icedwellers are actually what you described. Plus hammers. Yet no tridents as of yet. (Also, what is a bearded axe?)

And hobgoblins are going to be advanced.
Maybe the rifle thing will go to them. By "maybe", I mean yes.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 09:24:28 pm »

Quite a curse(not)!

Okay, so for the Hellspawn, i would expect that they would be closely linked to magic, so give them weapons of "magical" metal, but make it very limited. So they will only make Mithral weapons, which are great - but the weapons are rare and expensive, so they are mostly unarmed.

Lizard men - well, give them normal weapons then, but just a question: Assuming humans are normal humans, what did they get? VERY few humans are altruistic, and the chances are any tech gained from humans would have a price - probably a high one, like piles upon piles of gold. Suggestion: make lizardmen a very wealthy people, with precious metals in abundance.

Look up a bearded axe - trust me, they're cool.

Glad to know hobgoblins should work.

And remember to change culture aspects such as personal values while ur at it - stuff could be real cool. Hellspawn would value sacrifice very much because they are immortal - to them, death is not a guaruntee, and they have the potential for eternal life. So someone willing to make sacrifices - such as dying to protect another - is very much a big deal for them. Also low respect for martial traditions - they breathe fire, making it mostly redundant.

Just ideas. Tho it would be cool if you put my username up as a contibuter!
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 09:39:19 pm »

Bearded axes are pretty cool!

Not sure about the Hellspawn being rare with the weapons is possible in DF.

The humans, lore wise in their interactions with the monitor lizard men, gained a bit of land. This land was lost soon after by elves. The elves were later attacked by the MLM (Monitor Lizard Men) and the MLM gained their land back.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 09:40:01 pm »

Say, once you get some more stuff done, can I pitch in? With my Draconian race, and some of my mega/semi-mega beasts.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2017, 09:45:17 pm »

Could you elaborate?
What are your Draconians like and could you please list your semi/megabeasts?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2017, 10:16:20 pm »

Draconians are a humanoid race of dragon-esque beings, with scales and teeth and claws and such, with different variants based off of the different dragons. The basic one is just a regular humanoid basically, with the dragon-like features, a little bit bigger than a human but not much. The next is the warrior draconian, bigger and naturally stronger than a human. Then there's the burning draconian, who has the ability to launch fireballs and breathe regular fire. Then there's the flying draconian, who is the regular one but with wings and flight. The last one is the venom draconian, who has venom in their teeth and claws. The flying and venom are females, and the warrior, burning, and regular ones being male. They have access to steel like dwarves, and populate deserts and mountains. They have two weapons unique to them, war claws and war strikers, acting as a cutting-piercing and blunt weapon respectively using the striker (punching) skill.

My megabeasts are:

A venomous dragon, who has a spike on their tail that can inject venom, as well as venomous claws, teeth, and breath.

A phoenix, who is a six winged massive bird who can launch fireballs from their beak, and lights things on fire on the ground. When killed, they drop ashes which can be turned to gold, as well as a block which can be scraped away to reveal a large uncut phoenix heart, which is a gem, and then cut like a regular gem, being 50% more expensive than the current most expensive gem.

Semi megabeasts include:

Purgatory wolf, which is a large wolf like being who has iron bones and teeth and claws, making it hard to kill without higher tier weapons or traps.

Wyverns, which are large flying beasts, kind of like two legged dragons, but a lot smaller, and without fire breath.

Just things I tossed in include Ontos, a large tusked, wool-covered, elephantly-expensive plains predator who can be domesticated by those brave enough.

Mountain dragons, who are like dragons, but only the size of a bear, no fire breath, and exist in small packs, being large predators and guzzlers/item snatchers. They live on mountains, obviously.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2017, 10:21:32 pm »

Perfect.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2017, 10:29:08 pm »

Awesome. When I'm done smacking and fiddling and tweaking I'll send you the raws, won't include everything my modding has, like burning steel and such, those are mine to continue fiddling with till I'm happy with them.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2017, 10:35:24 pm »

:)

Anywho, do you have any new plants I could use?

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2017, 10:37:04 pm »

Hmm, i might have to steal the purgatory wolf for use in my magic mod...
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2017, 10:42:51 pm »

I've worked on one, a dye plant that makes golden dye, found in good areas. Wasn't too happy with it, but if you want.

Magic mod eh? What's it like?

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2017, 10:48:46 pm »

Check out Schools of Magic on Mod Releases. ;D

Megabeasts are kind of key to Wizards magic.
GENERATION 28:

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 08:19:19 pm »

Work Update:

Adding weapons from Stal's Armoury Pack (He will be credited!) to dwarves right now.

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2017, 08:29:40 pm »

sounds good! And hey, you actually seem pretty good at modding creature - u think i could get a critter made for Schools of Magic? I need a big, gnarly warrior- a megabeast humanoid who wield one of the new magic weapons i've added. Partially because lazy, partially because burned-out, and partially because im not great at making creatures - i can, but i prefer to delegate. ;)
GENERATION 28:

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2017, 08:32:16 pm »

Currently I am trying to figure out how to give weapons to creatures when they spawn.

Don't think it's possible.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11