Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: ENCIRCLED: Werewolves in a Siege (Roll20)  (Read 1646 times)

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
Re: ENCIRCLED: Werewolves in a Siege (Roll20)
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 03:39:03 pm »

sure
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 03:41:51 pm »

I'd be all right with that, yeah.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 03:46:49 pm »

Likewise, though I have a mechanical keyboard and have been told many times that it's absurdly noticeable when I'm typing.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 03:57:44 pm »

Likewise, though I have a mechanical keyboard and have been told many times that it's absurdly noticeable when I'm typing.
i don't plan on doing voice chat anyway  :P
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Hinoyumi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 10:49:00 am »

I have been dancing around the idea of joining or starting an online forum game for months now, but this one finally got me to break down and actually make an account. While modern warfare, the Russian bloc, and werewolves aren't often in my wheelhouse, I am most likely to have time for a once a month game, and I am interested enough in things beyond my comfort zone to be intrigued - and very much wanting to play a character with piercing eyes. I realize I've still waited until the last minute, but I do have time tomorrow evening if there's still opportunity to join.

Of the subjects listed, my opinions on animism are hopefully the most relevant. Most of what I consider animism is derived from my tangential study of Shintoism, but what I do know I rather admire and can relate to. As an animal lover myself, I respect those who see supernatural powers in certain animals, and can completely understand seeing divinity as actually living within the most remarkable examples of nature. Be it an ancient, twisted tree, a striking, monolithic rock formation, or even just a small rock by the side of a field with an unusual glint to it, there ought to be supernatural spirits and consciousness to those things - beings to talk to and plead to. And it seems only right that those spirits should grow along with their material representations.

For modern warfare, I generally avoid it whenever possible. I enjoyed studying samurai culture, because I could stop well before the world wars. But that's not to say that I haven't picked up a few things, and there are always echoes of more ancient militant mind sets in any armed force. History has such a propensity for repeating itself, that I can still understand motivations and broad tactics behind wars and battles even just from my studies of Alexander the Great or feudal Japan.

Werewolves I mostly picture as a more tragic myth, particularly with all the games and books that have done a remarkable job to cast them in a sympathetic light. With all the variations around, so long as they're actually wolf-like, can transform, and have some relation to the moon, they qualify. Yet because they occupy a darker realm in my mind, and far too often are paired with disappointing vampires, I haven't had much play time with them. But I'd like to.

I was imagining a character in the realm of spooky, fey child: a small girl, probably closer to 8 than 12 years old, who has always been able to see (Piercing Eyes)and hear (Horse) things others can't. Her mother died due to complications after childbirth, and her young, mourning father couldn't quite handle the strange shine of her eyes, or how the baby sometimes seemed to pay attention to things that weren't there. As she grew older and started to talking to those things, her desperate father retreated into grieving for his beloved wife, while adding to his guilt by feeling unable to connect with and love the only child his wife had left behind. Eventually, whether drafted or not, he ran away to war, leaving the young girl in the hands of whichever social group would take her in the absence of any relations left within the seige. The girl has already been exorcised twice in the past six months, and generally finds humans to be difficult to connect with. She is learning that ignoring the spirits can make this easier, but also that sometimes giving cryptic predictions based on what only she can see and hear is more acceptable to some people. Barring any heroic adventures, a career in fortune telling is likely where she'd end up.
I don't know how practical such a character would be, but she was the one who spoke to me. So if I've missed my chance to join the game, at least I'll always have her to play with in my own mind. Thank you.

In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 03:43:07 pm »

Fantastic! There's still opportunity to join, especially with such an interesting character. S34N1C does already have a character with Piercing Eyes, but I think the concepts are separate enough that you shouldn't worry about it.

Game's on tomorrow, peeps. Hope to see you guys then.
Pages: 1 [2]