Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 967 968 [969] 970 971 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3593694 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Mueller investigation charges Manafort and bis. assoc. Gates withfraud
« Reply #14520 on: November 07, 2017, 10:44:19 pm »

Not sure what he would have said to not sound like that. The part about 'the US not seeking conflict, only evil" did sound like something Bush 43 would have said right before the Iraq war and I doubted that Kim Jong-Un would even believe that, given our more recent escapades.

The whole thing was aimed at flattering and reassuring SK anyway.

If it really is in preparation for what you say, it would be far more credible for NK to fire the first shot than for us to fire the first shot (like a pre-emotive strike that spirals out of control for example$.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:47:31 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Mueller investigation charges Manafort and bis. assoc. Gates withfraud
« Reply #14522 on: November 07, 2017, 11:36:26 pm »

Charlottesville was affected substantially by Unite The Right: Turnout was up by 31 percent compared to the state average of 16 percent, and the result was 84% in favor of Northam.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14523 on: November 07, 2017, 11:38:03 pm »

Not sure if it's an issue with the safari browser on mobile (don't have access to computer right now as its getting fixed)' but that's a broken image for me.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14525 on: November 07, 2017, 11:41:38 pm »

Just looked on Chrome for mobile and the image is broken there too.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14526 on: November 07, 2017, 11:42:00 pm »

And yet still somewhat an accurate depiction of Trump's casus belli.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14527 on: November 07, 2017, 11:46:00 pm »

We're already at 0 stab, we really don't need a -2 right now.

Especially with a 0 admin leader!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14528 on: November 07, 2017, 11:47:53 pm »

For the curious.  The image's extension was all wonky.  I probably substituted in the wrong one, but it was close enough for my browser to at least parse it as an image.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14529 on: November 08, 2017, 12:00:14 am »

Aww, I thought the joke was that it didn't exist.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14530 on: November 08, 2017, 12:45:46 am »

We're already at 0 stab, we really don't need a -2 right now.

Especially with a 0 admin leader!
I'd say Trump is a ADM 0/DIP 1/MIL 1 with Babbling Buffoon, Loose Lips, and Malevolent.

Melania is ADM 2/DIP 2/MIL 0 with Well Connected, Indulgent, and Careful.

Heir to the throne Mike Pence is ADM 2/DIP 3/MIL 1 with Zealot, Silver Tongue, and Cruel.

Also, while I was looking this up I learned about the Secret Service codenames this time around. Trump's codename is Mogul.
No Gods, No Masters.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #14531 on: November 08, 2017, 12:59:02 am »

Secret Service is getting damn lazy with their codenames, apparently.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14532 on: November 08, 2017, 01:03:35 am »

DONALD Trump pulled off a blistering speech in South Korea, blasting the North and calling for global action to stop the repressive regime — but there was one jarring moment.

The United States President could not resist the opportunity to promote his golf courses, reminding his audience in Seoul that the US Women’s Open was held at his club earlier this year.

“In fact — and you know what I’m going to say — the women’s US Open was held this year at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey,” said the billionaire businessman, to applause.

Man South Korean parliament must be polite as hell. They'll applaud anything. But I'm betting people were whispering to each other: "man, what he say?" ... "don't know ... keep clap, keep clap"
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:09:21 am by Reelya »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14533 on: November 08, 2017, 01:32:59 am »

Secret Service is getting damn lazy with their codenames, apparently.

Given how overworked they are right now, I'm just glad their codename for him is printable.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14534 on: November 08, 2017, 02:02:11 am »

covfefe
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 967 968 [969] 970 971 ... 3515