Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3595783 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Congress attempts to cross streams while working on tax 'reform'
« Reply #14610 on: November 11, 2017, 06:32:43 pm »

Could be a tyro, since Trump is certainly a neophyte when it comes to high-level international politics.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14611 on: November 11, 2017, 06:40:20 pm »

That's from August though.

August 2016. Over a year old.

I had been awake for less than 10 minutes :P

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 06:52:11 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14612 on: November 13, 2017, 06:40:20 pm »

Seems clear that even they did not expect him to win, and that they were trying to ingratiate themselves to him. Also, proves there was a clear political bias for Wikileaks, which I'm sure comes as no surprise to has ever heard of Wikileaks.

Interesting that Trump released all of the documents for all of this back in 2016.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14613 on: November 13, 2017, 06:41:40 pm »

That's because Trump is an idiot who thinks of himself as an evil genius and invulnerable. Luckily for us, Orange Slice doesn't seem to understand that money won't protect you from the court of public opinion.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14614 on: November 13, 2017, 06:47:36 pm »

The clear political bias would have been obvious to anybody who knew of Assanages hate boner for Clinton.

As for 'interesting that he released all of this', one could assume that he is trying to save his hide by cooperating as much as possible. Which would also imply that he isn't quite as loyal to his dad as Don Sr might believe.

That's because Trump is an idiot who thinks of himself as an evil genius and invulnerable. Luckily for us, Orange Slice doesn't seem to understand that money won't protect you from the court of public opinion.

This is Orange Slice Jr., not Sr.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14615 on: November 13, 2017, 06:49:59 pm »

Orange Stem hasn't taken an autonomous action since he picked out his frat party Halloween costume (it was a sexy SS officer). Trump personally dictated his original statement.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14616 on: November 13, 2017, 07:40:44 pm »

I don't think it's a save-his-hide thing because of the timeframe it was released in. It would have had to be almost immediately after the election for it to have still been 2016, and the article makes it sound like he volunteered it. It doesn't sound like this is anything illegal, just Trump and co. making use of a sympathetic party. The article also makes it clear that Trump Sr. MUST have been involved with or was aware of these things based on his responses.

Would it have been illegal for them to make use of the things that Wikileaks had gotten from the DNC? I don't see any indication that Trump Jr. asked them to get it for him, which (and I'm no expert here) seems like it would be the line. Regardless it seems like it should be illegal to make use of documents/information that were obtained in that manner, at least in an election.

It just seems like the usual underhanded/dirty/backstabby crap that political parties pull every election.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14617 on: November 13, 2017, 07:52:00 pm »

If we set precedent that the usual underhanded backstabbing crap they pull every election is treason, I think I can live with it.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14618 on: November 13, 2017, 08:14:29 pm »

If they had absolutely nothing to do with the Wikileaks stuff and we're just taking advantage of it, yeah, it could be considered the usual dirty tricks during a campaign, but what went on there really isn't the norm, they weren't running a normal campaign from the start.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14619 on: November 13, 2017, 08:32:40 pm »

If we set precedent that the usual underhanded backstabbing crap they pull every election is treason, I think I can live with it.

+1

Our elections are insane.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14620 on: November 14, 2017, 07:50:46 am »

The clear political bias would have been obvious to anybody who knew of Assanages hate boner for Clinton.

What's the English saying about strange bedfellows again? It seems very fitting.

I wonder how much of wikileaks is just Assange's personal cult these days. Iirc I read something many years ago about one or some of the other original founders jumping ship and making a new whistleblower thing because of it. It's a shame it has ended up being what it is.

“Already did that earlier today,” Trump Jr. responded an hour-and-a-half later. “It’s amazing what she can get away with.”

Lol the irony
Love, scriver~

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #14621 on: November 14, 2017, 11:42:38 am »

I'm currently watching the Sessions interrogation thing.

Firstly, there has got to be a better format for doing this type of thing. They are asking paragraph-long questions as fast as they can, demanding a Yes or No answer, then saying they don't have time to wait for an answer and just immediately moving on to the next question.

Second, I'm growing increasingly vexed by people saying they find something 'interesting' when what they mean is 'suspicious'.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14622 on: November 14, 2017, 12:53:04 pm »

It's formatted that way because the point is to push out talking points, not to actually discover anything or to let anyone speak in their own defense.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14623 on: November 14, 2017, 01:00:59 pm »

Yeah, it's not a debate.  Not even an interrogation, much less an investigation.

It's a formal and largely-rehearsed occasion for the defendant to describe his position.  Basically choose which things to hide, betting that he can, and which things to come clean about.  It does serve a purpose, it's just not meant to be particularly surprising.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14624 on: November 14, 2017, 01:22:54 pm »

You know those correspondences with Don Trump Jr that Wikileaks had? Well, look at this, Assanage straight up publicly said that his offer of being the Australian ambassador to the US (or vice versa) is still open. He certainly isn't helping Don Trump Jr (or anybody else in the campaign, Trump Sr. Included) with that. He may also have proven that he is the author of those Wikileaks emails to Don Jr.

Not to mention that Assanage doesn't appear to understand how becoming an ambassador works. It's Australia that chooses their ambassador to the US, not us (though we still have to formally approve it I think), and he's clearly only looking out for his own interests, not Australia's. Plus, if he's the US ambassador, does he realize that he'd have to get confirmed by the Senate?

It's also possible that he does know and he's just trolling, the hotel bit seems to be a dig at that Trump hotel in DC.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:26:12 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 973 974 [975] 976 977 ... 3515