Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3594734 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Senate passes tax 'reform', now attempting to cross streams with House
« Reply #15540 on: December 12, 2017, 06:52:08 pm »

How does deleting records of electronic voting help transparency exactly?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Senate passes tax 'reform', now attempting to cross streams with House
« Reply #15541 on: December 12, 2017, 07:06:38 pm »

I know him better as an author on evolution rather than being an atheist, which is probably why I didn't make the connection.
He's kind of an arrogant dick about his atheism so your not missing much.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15542 on: December 12, 2017, 07:49:03 pm »

If anybody is interested in how many votes go to third party or other candidates (and I'm curious about it myself), Politico is going to show those.

First results are coming in pretty soon.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15543 on: December 12, 2017, 08:16:10 pm »

How does deleting records of electronic voting help transparency exactly?
Yeah, I'm curious about this too.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15544 on: December 12, 2017, 08:16:16 pm »

He rode a horse to vote apparently, his girlfriend would have given him a ride but she's not old enough to have a license yet, so hey, fuck him AND the horse he rode in on?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15545 on: December 12, 2017, 08:27:53 pm »

He rode a horse to vote apparently, his girlfriend would have given him a ride but she's not old enough to have a license yet, so hey, fuck him AND the horse he rode in on?

I guess you're not aware that riding a horse to the polling place is a tradition for him?

Speaking of the horse, I've seen people criticising that he wasn't doing horseback riding properly and yadda yadda.

Anyways, Jones looks like he has a lead atm, but rural areas generally take a little longer to start coming in.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15546 on: December 12, 2017, 08:39:32 pm »

There's absolutely no way the results that have come in so far are representative of the race as a whole. I might just close my tab on the results for an hour or two and check it when some more votes are actually in.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15547 on: December 12, 2017, 08:43:12 pm »

Reporting precincts aren't meaningful yet, but exit polling suggests above average black turnout and above average white support for Jones, which together favor him more than was expected. Granted, the polls about this race were crazy and didn't mean anything, but it's still good news for him as far as early signs go.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15548 on: December 12, 2017, 08:51:56 pm »

I know it's too early to make anything out of the results so far :P

Moore now has a small lead with roughly 5% in.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15549 on: December 12, 2017, 08:57:59 pm »

I think he was being silly. He’s a person of faith, faith shattered, Dawkins is a prominent atheist, thus the first port of call for his now faithless existence.

My interpretation, at least.

Bingo!

According to the NYT Moore has pulled ahead. Harrowing. Also, Ninja'd
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15550 on: December 12, 2017, 09:02:44 pm »

I knew you weren't being serious, just didn't make the connection that Dawkins is atheist and was like 'what does evolution have to do with voting'.

Anyway, as David Wasserman said on the 538 liveblog, it's probably going to be a bit of a rollercoaster.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15551 on: December 12, 2017, 09:05:27 pm »

There's some weird disconnect between the 538/Decision Desk results and the Politico results. The latter seems to be proceeding more gradually while Decision is just swinging back and forth wildly.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15552 on: December 12, 2017, 09:10:44 pm »

DecisionDesk does it practically real time don't they? Could account for the swings. Also saw someone mention that an error happened where Doug Jones votes went to 1.2 million briefly from 12,000.

CNN is also lagging behind a little, but that's just because they're more methodical about it.

And NYT is being REALLY optimistic in showing Jones as possibly winning.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:22:23 pm by smjjames »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15553 on: December 12, 2017, 09:25:13 pm »

Third-party votes now about 1.5%...this could potentially end in a spoiler.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15554 on: December 12, 2017, 09:30:59 pm »

Yeah, I'm wondering how big that is compared to historically. It's not big enough yet and the results aren't close enough yet for their margin of errors (the third party votes) to overlap, but yeah, it could easily become a big deal.
Pages: 1 ... 1035 1036 [1037] 1038 1039 ... 3515