Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 3511

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3533991 times)

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Senate passes tax 'reform', now attempting to cross streams with House
« Reply #15585 on: December 12, 2017, 11:51:48 pm »

This further confirms our world is in a dimension where the least likely outcome always wins.

That being said, at least this time it was a good outcome
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Senate passes tax 'reform', now attempting to cross streams with House
« Reply #15586 on: December 12, 2017, 11:57:23 pm »

Trump has tweeted some nonsense
what else is new
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15587 on: December 13, 2017, 12:18:28 am »

Well fuck, I was expecting Moore to be up 14 or so, crazy that the vile old lech lost this time... way to go... Alabama?

Really not the place I would have expected this sort of thing.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #15588 on: December 13, 2017, 12:19:06 am »

Can they even do a recount if they've been destroying the records of who voted?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15589 on: December 13, 2017, 12:22:25 am »

Can they even do a recount if they've been destroying the records of who voted?

I've heard they DO keep the paper ballots. Apparently they legally have to for 11 months during a federal election. It was just the digital records that were in question. They can still go back and do a recount, they just have to run the papers through machines, or hand count them again.

I think the whole idea with the digital records being kept was in case of a recount, compare them to a hand recount and see if/how badly the digital records vary from paper.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15590 on: December 13, 2017, 12:23:13 am »

The specific ruling was about holding scans of paper ballots made as they're turned into the boxes. As for voting machines, I have no idea if they're used in Alabama or if the ruling affects them. All the same, the ballots still exist, they just don't have electronic scans of them. Unless they didn't have time to reset the ballot boxes before the election, which apparently was an issue.

Roy Moore may also not be able to call for a recount - it's automatic at .5% margin, but the final count is beyond that. Not sure if Alabama law allows him to demand a recount beyond that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15591 on: December 13, 2017, 12:28:38 am »

The specific ruling was about holding scans of paper ballots made as they're turned into the boxes. As for voting machines, I have no idea if they're used in Alabama or if the ruling affects them. All the same, the ballots still exist, they just don't have electronic scans of them. Unless they didn't have time to reset the ballot boxes before the election, which apparently was an issue.

Roy Moore may also not be able to call for a recount - it's automatic at .5% margin, but the final count is beyond that. Not sure if Alabama law allows him to demand a recount beyond that.

Actually, people on CNN (and the Alabama secretary of state) have been saying that he can request a recount, just that he'll have to pay for it. A recount wouldn't affect a margin like the one Doug Jones has anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15592 on: December 13, 2017, 12:37:54 am »

Wonder if he'll go for it. The fucker is clearly a sore loser on top of everything else, but Trump has already abandoned him and half of the other Republicans were ready to wash their hands of him even before the election. That leaves...Bannon, basically, and he himself is in the process of getting shit on by everybody who backed Strange.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15593 on: December 13, 2017, 12:43:26 am »

Only way I can see a recount helping is if 20,000 people couldn't read the printed word "moore" on the page but could still scribble down a reasonable facsimile of it in the write in box.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15594 on: December 13, 2017, 12:43:53 am »

Wait, so they BARELY squeaked the upward-redistribution scam through, in the process they flat out threw away several promises to on-the-edge senators, and particularly of interest was Collins who was literally only brought on board via said deals as they were totally against it otherwise... right?

Now it's a 51~49 split, if they can't flip 1 vote on shit they'll need Pence for tiebreakers left and right, and they've just spent the last year trying to keep 2 or more votes in their camp unsuccessfully.

Doug Jones may have just saved aaaaaaaaaaallllllllll sorts of shit I think?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15595 on: December 13, 2017, 12:47:31 am »

Wait, so they BARELY squeaked the upward-redistribution scam through, in the process they flat out threw away several promises to on-the-edge senators, and particularly of interest was Collins who was literally only brought on board via said deals as they were totally against it otherwise... right?

Now it's a 51~49 split, if they can't flip 1 vote on shit they'll need Pence for tiebreakers left and right, and they've just spent the last year trying to keep 2 or more votes in their camp unsuccessfully.

Doug Jones may have just saved aaaaaaaaaaallllllllll sorts of shit I think?

They'll drag Pence in if they need to. It doesn't change much right now, but it does make 2018 significantly easier and gives a little more power to those Republican senators who were twisting arms.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15596 on: December 13, 2017, 12:51:11 am »

Only way I can see a recount helping is if 20,000 people couldn't read the printed word "moore" on the page but could still scribble down a reasonable facsimile of it in the write in box.

Exactly, he'd have to somehow flip those 22k (and then some) people over to his side, which isn't gonna happen. He wanted to wait until all of the votes were in and take a look at it in the morning, which is perfectly reasonable, but he's going to have to concede at some point.

@Max: I think they'd gladly prefer that to having the 10 ton albatross that would be moore around their necks.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #15597 on: December 13, 2017, 01:07:01 am »

And now Roy Moore is being stubborn and not conceding because he wants to wait until all the votes are in and until tomorrow, because 'god wills it' or somesuch. I guess it's fair enough if he wants to wait until it's all in, but still.... He's also calling for a recount.

It was too much to hope for Moore having some class.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15598 on: December 13, 2017, 01:18:29 am »

Hell, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if Moore and some supporters pulled some Malheur Wildlife Refuge shit, occupying...something...with weapons and refusing to leave.

Which would be amusing as fuck if they try that in DC and end up a thin red paste.

Or, Moore will try to pretend he's some kind of Antisenator, voting on legislation from in exile, presumably in a double-wide parked next to a Denny's in Tuscaloosa.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15599 on: December 13, 2017, 01:20:40 am »

Don't be silly RK, there's only one place for Moore to make his glorious stand before God...a certain shopping mall, who will get their due punishment.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1038 1039 [1040] 1041 1042 ... 3511