Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 ... 3514

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3590358 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Back to work Congress!
« Reply #16290 on: January 10, 2018, 05:34:50 pm »

Well it's started, I started seeing people on Facebook claiming that toxic masculinity is the reason that "male leftists" are saying Oprah isn't a good choice. Unfollowed that person too, as I tend to unfollow people who have extreme views quite a bit. I don't need that sort of stress.

However, that argument is undermined by the fact that her association with unscrupulous men has been the main argument against her candidacy.

For me however, the fact that she's peddled clear pseudoscience on her show is the big sticking point. she pushed The Secret, and one person who found it through her show decided not to take chemotherapy for cancer, and died. Oprah still stuck by "The Secret" after that, even while trying to convince the woman to have the chemo. Which is just a confusing position all around.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:40:55 pm by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16291 on: January 10, 2018, 05:47:16 pm »

Would male leftits support Man Oprah?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16292 on: January 10, 2018, 05:53:33 pm »

Probably no more than they would Oprah Oprah.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16293 on: January 10, 2018, 06:15:12 pm »

I think the bee vote is all that matters. Bees are underrated

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16294 on: January 10, 2018, 06:43:01 pm »

I think the bee vote is all that matters.
#include WASP.pun

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16295 on: January 10, 2018, 06:56:10 pm »

Does anybody else think this looks ethically shady? Trump is holding a sweepstakes to win a private dinner with Trump at Mar-a-Lago. This is something I'd expect a businessman or celebrity to do, not a President. Seriously, if it's not legally corruption, it should be, because it feels wrong for a President to do.

I can't imagine Merkel, Macron (well, okay, maybe Macron), or Obama, or George Bush doing that. edit: Not the first time he's done similar, but still....
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 06:58:46 pm by smjjames »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16296 on: January 10, 2018, 06:59:27 pm »

If I pick a random day in the year to go visit Mar-a-Lago, there's already a damn good chance the prez will be there anyway.

Granted, I'd probably just get to wave at him, but honestly that's probably close enough for comfort.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16297 on: January 10, 2018, 07:01:47 pm »

... so, uh. Literally pay to play. Huh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16298 on: January 10, 2018, 07:09:58 pm »

Well, there's fundraising, and theres 'access to the President', which is completely blurred here.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16299 on: January 10, 2018, 09:34:46 pm »

Puerto Rico getting serious about statehood. I guess the hurricane was the proverbial straw that broke the proverbial camels proverbial back.

In a victory against gerrymandering, a NC court ruled the previous map drawn by Republicans as unconstitutional and are ordering NC to draw a new one up quickly.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16300 on: January 10, 2018, 10:17:48 pm »

Puerto Rico getting serious about statehood. I guess the hurricane was the proverbial straw that broke the proverbial camels proverbial back.

In a victory against gerrymandering, a NC court ruled the previous map drawn by Republicans as unconstitutional and are ordering NC to draw a new one up quickly.
Porto Rico really needs statehood at this point in order to stop getting screwed over. there is no other way.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16301 on: January 10, 2018, 10:28:43 pm »

Porto Rico really needs statehood at this point in order to stop getting screwed over. there is no other way.

I agree +1

Maybe a couple of the other island territories could jump in too? Then again, adding American Samoa, Guam, and Northern Mariana islands (the other three inhabited territories besides PR and USVI) just screams 'OVEREXTENDED EMPIRE' a la EUIV to me. Adding Guam would be particularily problematic, possibly even provocative, given it's proximity to other nations.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16302 on: January 10, 2018, 10:31:10 pm »

Holy fucking shit. At first I was going to say this was a continuation of an old issue with the 300-Mile Line Of Black People district, but this was declared on partisan grounds instead of racial ones.

This...this could change everything if it becomes precedent.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16303 on: January 10, 2018, 10:33:14 pm »

And theres still some cases regarding gerrymandering coming up in SCOTUS. This could be used as precedent.

RedKing is definetly going to be happy with this (I forget if he lives in SC or NC, but he'll be happy either way).

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #16304 on: January 10, 2018, 10:46:28 pm »

Yet another victory for glorious Best Carolina.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 ... 3514