Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1094 1095 [1096] 1097 1098 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3595815 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Back to work Congress!
« Reply #16425 on: January 15, 2018, 06:49:25 pm »

I'm more bothered by this tidbit:

Since then, Trump has highlighted the aircraft, saying in September: “When our enemies hear the F-35 engines, when they’re roaring overhead, their souls will tremble, and they will know the day of reckoning has arrived.”

Seriously? That's the kind of bombastic bullshit you expect from a Third World tinpot dictator.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16426 on: January 15, 2018, 07:06:59 pm »

Since then, Trump has highlighted the aircraft, saying in September: “When our enemies hear the F-35 engines, when they’re roaring overhead, their souls will tremble, and they will know the day of reckoning has arrived.”

Seriously? That's the kind of bombastic bullshit you expect from a Third World tinpot dictator.

They give speeches like that in Warhammer before they vaporize a thousand score of Orks with steam tanks or whatnot.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16427 on: January 15, 2018, 07:51:13 pm »

Speaking of doubling down, Trump doubled down on the current scandal of the week and gave Sen. Durbin a nickname by.... adding a y to his first name (though his first name is actually Richard and 'Dick' is his nickname sorta).

Wheres the creativity? lol

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16428 on: January 15, 2018, 07:52:52 pm »

They give speeches like that in Warhammer before they vaporize a thousand score of Orks with steam tanks or whatnot.
I was gonna paste some Trump 40K fan art, but holy fucking jesus there's too much to choose from. Apparently, the Reddit Trump-humper camp really, REALLY likes 40K.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16429 on: January 15, 2018, 07:55:31 pm »

Speaking of doubling down, Trump doubled down on the current scandal of the week and gave Sen. Durbin a nickname by.... adding a y to his first name (though his first name is actually Richard and 'Dick' is his nickname sorta).

Well this is the man that responds to “you are <insert negative thing here>!” by saying “I’m the least <insert negative thing here> ever!” so what do you expect? :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16430 on: January 15, 2018, 07:56:23 pm »

I was gonna paste some Trump 40K fan art, but holy fucking jesus there's too much to choose from. Apparently, the Reddit Trump-humper camp really, REALLY likes 40K.

4chan loves 40k, 4chan loves trump, 4chan loves crossovers
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16431 on: January 15, 2018, 08:02:05 pm »

Well this is the man that responds to “you are <insert negative thing here>!” by saying “I’m the least <insert negative thing here> ever!” so what do you expect? :p

I half expected him to at least be somewhat creative with the nickname as just adding a letter to the first name is pretty low hanging fruit. Not that it's at all presidential anyhow.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16432 on: January 15, 2018, 11:52:31 pm »

God, we're disappointed in the presidential insults.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16433 on: January 15, 2018, 11:59:06 pm »

Now John Adams...there was a President who could sling an insult, calling Thomas Jefferson a "mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father.”

I mean, daaaaamn son!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16434 on: January 16, 2018, 12:28:50 am »

It's actually more "Conan the Barbarian"

"To crush your enemies -- See them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16435 on: January 16, 2018, 12:51:12 am »

You know what's worse? F-35's are stealth craft, meant for anti-aircraft or ground support roles. If you're hearing the engines overhead, someone fucked up.

Or they're buzzing the enemy? It's stealth to radar, not acoustically.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #16436 on: January 16, 2018, 01:42:34 am »

Now John Adams...there was a President who could sling an insult, calling Thomas Jefferson a "mean-spirited, low-lived fellow, the son of a half-breed Indian squaw, sired by a Virginia mulatto father.”

I mean, daaaaamn son!

I mean, I long for the days when our presidents could be racist without resorting to slurs.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #16438 on: January 16, 2018, 05:28:49 am »

I do too. Bonus points if they put it in terms of relation to the Black Panther somehow and/or references Wakanda's technological advances in some way.

Those wacky Wakandians. What will they do next.
Love, scriver~

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16439 on: January 16, 2018, 06:27:40 am »

What would be even more awesome if other journos, unaware of it start pretending they know stuff to not look stupid and start asking further questions, made up on the spot so the whole thing turns into this wierd ad lib of a parallel universe or something
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 1094 1095 [1096] 1097 1098 ... 3515