Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 ... 3512

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3577854 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Russia investigation sheneinighans
« Reply #16965 on: February 08, 2018, 02:19:56 pm »

He deserves only rain on his parades.

He would still tweet about how sunny it was.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16966 on: February 08, 2018, 03:06:18 pm »

That's not rain, Baby Jesus is crying tears of joy at seeing our parade, because we're finally winning.

Yeah, I saw the flu shot thing yesterday. Meh, this is the same dumbass that John Oliver mocked with his temporary "church", after showing how she had told people to pray their cancer away and send her their donations instead of wasting that money on chemotherapy.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16967 on: February 08, 2018, 03:16:36 pm »

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/no-need-for-a-flu-shot-if-you-have-jesus-trump-s-evangelical-adviser-says

Amid one of the worst flu seasons on record in the US, one of US President Donald Trump's evangelical board advisers has claimed the flu can be avoided if you "inoculate yourself with the word of God".

Tellingly, she says right in the article that she already had her flu shot. If she trusted god to shield her from the flu, then why did she get a flu shot and tell others not to use it? Hell of a hypocriticality.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16968 on: February 08, 2018, 03:22:01 pm »

Heck smj, the word of god to inoculate yourself with is pretty clear. God speaks without riddle (that may be a lie >_>) and it's been made real clear what god's word on avoiding the flu is. People on the right path speaking the manifest word of the lord also refer to this message from god as "a vaccine". Because the world god made and thus god's word and message has been pretty straightforward on shit what don't work and shit what do when it comes to flu.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #16970 on: February 08, 2018, 04:34:54 pm »

I mean it sounds like a stupid internet joke about a secret atheist trying to get religious fanatics to skip the flu shot.

That's not what this is, of course. Right?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16971 on: February 08, 2018, 05:01:09 pm »

Alex Jones UNVEILS the secret transhuman-transgender alliance to mutate humanity into brainwashed robot slaves

I don’t get how anyone would conflate transhumanism (which isn’t just cyborgs) with transgender. Other than using the common prefix, but that’s such a stretch of logic that you might as well create conspiracies out of loads of things that are completely unrelated but have a common root suffix or prefix.

Then again, it’s Alex Jones.

I wonder if he has ever concocted a conspiracy theory that involved him in some way, heh.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16972 on: February 08, 2018, 05:09:54 pm »

Well, both concepts involve intentionally modifying the human body in some way.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16973 on: February 08, 2018, 05:18:32 pm »

no reason why my brain case style body replacement couldn't be another gender.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16974 on: February 08, 2018, 05:42:36 pm »

I heard they fire from the main gun into the crowds, supplying both adults and children alike with Smarties flying with all the force of tank shell.

Load some M&Ms into one of these. I kinda want to try that now.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16975 on: February 08, 2018, 05:47:11 pm »

True. I just consider it as separate from transhumanism and it can certainly be part of transhumanism.

I suppose theres a philosophical debate there over when transgender becomes indistinguishable from transhumanism. (in another thread though....)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16976 on: February 08, 2018, 06:26:43 pm »

In slightly (but only slightly) more concrete news, the Stock Market plunged again today, entering what is called "correction" territory for some reason.

It's interesting. It's not a collapse or anything, but it's officially big enough that it's not just a few days of bad trading. Hmm...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #16977 on: February 08, 2018, 06:31:40 pm »

It's called "correction" territory because this sort of decline is usually associated with a bubble bursting. The market's been too high for the actual value, and is correcting itself down toward where it should be.

This could have some pretty interesting ramifications if it lasts until May or so. If it is stabilized before the major Congressional campaigning really starts, it won't be a big issue - but once the campaigning starts, a rebound won't really blunt the effect.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16978 on: February 08, 2018, 06:34:01 pm »

Government shutdown aversion averted.

Rand Paul is holding up the vote in the Senate on the two-year budget bill. If the bill isn't passed in both Chambers and signed by Annoying Orange by midnight....

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #16979 on: February 08, 2018, 06:36:12 pm »

Then we might not have to wait until may to find out if the correction is going to be interesting! It's a silver lining to the shitstorm.

E: Also yeah, Senate leaders look to be giving Paul the ol' något git fucked. Unless something rather odd happens it looks like we're heading into the second shutdown of 2018, and we're not even going to do it on the back of ryan's noodly shit sucking spine.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 06:43:19 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1130 1131 [1132] 1133 1134 ... 3512