Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1133 1134 [1135] 1136 1137 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3592383 times)

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Russia investigation sheneinighans
« Reply #17010 on: February 10, 2018, 06:58:20 am »

Impeachment is a congressional thing. Without action from congress, the best citizens can do is refuse to re-elect him in another 2 years.

Well they can also make it clear that it's not just Trump that has to face re election when their term is up.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17011 on: February 10, 2018, 12:04:25 pm »

Impeachment is a congressional thing. Without action from congress, the best citizens can do is refuse to re-elect him in another 2 years.

Well they can also make it clear that it's not just Trump that has to face re election when their term is up.

There's 3 mindsets on the republican congress right now.

1. Those who know their time is coming up and are doing anything/everything they can to push their agenda before they're out.
2. Those who know(or feel like) they are safe no matter what happens and thus don't really change much.
3. Those who are actually in the very small number of areas where things are going to be tight but still winnable if the right circumstances arise and they play their cards right.

Out of those 3, only the 3rd group would be seriously willing to consider impeachment.
Out of those 3, the 3rd group is the least numerous by a large margin. (Although the ones that see themselves on the way out are definitely not as numerous as you'd hope either.)

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17012 on: February 10, 2018, 12:31:51 pm »

Pretty sure a big enough bunch of those 1st 2 groups would cave given enough of a public outrage. Fact of the matter is there's still plenty of Americans supporting Trump same as there were plenty who voted him in in the 1st place. Seems to me it's not just a matter of congress not being prepared to impeach. A heck of a lot of people either see nothing wrong with what he is doing or actively support what he does. Guess what, when Trump & said congressmen leave office, most of those voters will still remain to put other idiots in power.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17013 on: February 10, 2018, 12:43:45 pm »

Yep, he did it. He blocked the release of Democrat memo, claiming it has confidential and sensitive passages, and can't be released.
Holy shit, US people, how long will you still put up with this charade? You REALLY need to get rid of this president.
The FBI and justice department have actually done markups on the paper, and I heard it did have more sensitive info in it that the first one. The real test is when they're done with the markups, what he'll do.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #17014 on: February 10, 2018, 04:57:25 pm »

I think a big part of the reason we're in this position is that if this happened in the USA, the crowd would be shot down.  Our only voice is through elections, which are fucked.  Next is protest, which is limited and media controlled to the point of usually mostly meaningless.  After that is suicide by cop.  When our only input is through elections, we can't unfuck our elections.

This is why police brutality and surveillance are my top issues.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 05:08:38 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #17015 on: February 10, 2018, 05:03:53 pm »

Americans have the most voice in government of any country in the world.

After all spending money is a form of speech.  The supreme court said so.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17016 on: February 10, 2018, 05:34:43 pm »

Corporations are people too. 
Your speech is very important to your duly elected representative.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17017 on: February 10, 2018, 06:54:58 pm »

I think a big part of the reason we're in this position is that if this happened in the USA, the crowd would be shot down

I'll be the one to say it... without knowing exactly what the protest is about but knowing they're from Italy and thus generally living by relatively peaceful western standards and by all appearances they're the aggressors there. There should be something happening to them beyond simple human barriers, including force if necessary.

Seriously, fuck antifa.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #17018 on: February 10, 2018, 07:09:03 pm »

Hey. If spending money is free speech, does that mean that it's unconstitutional to deny people universal income?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17019 on: February 10, 2018, 07:56:04 pm »

Seriously, fuck antifa.
... yes, fuck the broad and largely unconnected mass of groups necessarily related by being willing and able to work against fucking fascism and little else.

Let us also say to fornication with people that wear a toupee. Best plan, I swear.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17020 on: February 10, 2018, 08:32:17 pm »

Hey. If spending money is free speech, does that mean that it's unconstitutional to deny people universal income?

Maybe they should cut the middle-man out and allow corporations to pay the unemployed a weekly salary in exchange for their voting rights?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17021 on: February 10, 2018, 08:46:10 pm »

Maybe they should cut the middle-man out and allow corporations to pay the unemployed a weekly salary in exchange for their voting rights?
If you want to be eligible to vote, their is now the voter registration fee that must be paid. 
20 years later: Additional votes can now be bought.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17022 on: February 10, 2018, 08:55:17 pm »

How would voter ID work for corporations? You guys just aren’t thinking this through.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17023 on: February 10, 2018, 09:32:19 pm »

I think a big part of the reason we're in this position is that if this happened in the USA, the crowd would be shot down.  Our only voice is through elections, which are fucked.  Next is protest, which is limited and media controlled to the point of usually mostly meaningless.  After that is suicide by cop.  When our only input is through elections, we can't unfuck our elections.

... For fuck's sake man, you're not living in Saudi Arabia. Or Zimbabwe. Or any of the literally dozens of other countries without democracy of almost any form. Yes, I understand that we have a lot of problems that desperately need fixing. But honestly I'm sick of people saying that America is "completely fucked," or a "third-world country," or any of the other phrases that people like to throw around a lot. Saying that it is is insulting to places which actually are completely fucked or third-world countries. You have access to modern medicine, have at least some kind of education system, and generally don't expect to shot down by an extremist militant group tomorrow. Count your blessings once in a while.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17024 on: February 10, 2018, 09:37:57 pm »

... For fuck's sake man, you're not living in Saudi Arabia. Or Zimbabwe. Or any of the literally dozens of other countries without democracy of almost any form. Yes, I understand that we have a lot of problems that desperately need fixing. But honestly I'm sick of people saying that America is "completely fucked," or a "third-world country," or any of the other phrases that people like to throw around a lot. Saying that it is is insulting to places which actually are completely fucked or third-world countries. You have access to modern medicine, have at least some kind of education system, and generally don't expect to shot down by an extremist militant group tomorrow. Count your blessings once in a while.
People are not complaining because of that. That is a inaccurate thing to say and an ineffectual one. People are angry because we know it can be better and we expect better. We will not passively bow down because someone somewhere has it worse so oh well I guess everything is fine forever. No, we want and demand better and will hold or government to proper standards.
Pages: 1 ... 1133 1134 [1135] 1136 1137 ... 3515