Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1156 1157 [1158] 1159 1160 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3607264 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Russia investigation sheneinighans
« Reply #17355 on: February 20, 2018, 02:39:25 am »

More advanced social dynamics create increased "data corruption". Microbes don't cheat, because they very rarely can (though I have heard of some behaviors that resemble it). Hormone signals don't create betrayal.

When you get as far as humans, we've developed methods of communication that are highly complex but just as easily broken down. We are constantly judging and misjudging one another's motives and intentions. Nearly all of the trust that humans extend to each other is predicated upon mental bedrock that isn't easily gone against, family, friendship, camaraderie. And even these things can be faked or betrayed. So it's almost impossible to correctly judge or extend trust to an enemy. Every part of your brain will scream at you to betray them before they can betray you, to kill them instead of putting yourself at risk.

It might be possible to reach a complexity of communication that is "complete" and becomes more peaceful for it like with microbes, because misjudgement becomes impossible like surprising a computer in a chess game is impossible.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17356 on: February 20, 2018, 08:58:05 am »

I'm voting in favor of the next candidate that proposes open bazooka carry laws.
Hey! I only just had my jacket retailored to help hide the unsightly bulge from my concealed bazooka holster!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17357 on: February 20, 2018, 04:00:35 pm »

trump.dating - dating site only for Trump supporters.

It's no exaggeration to say that there's a "No gays, Jews or liberals" sign on the door:

The drop down for "I am a ..." only has two options, "straight man" and "straight woman", and Jews and Arabs are all lumped in under "middle eastern" while those of Christian European descent get five sub-categories.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 04:10:11 pm by Reelya »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17358 on: February 20, 2018, 04:05:27 pm »

I'm voting in favor of the next candidate that proposes open bazooka carry laws.
Hey! I only just had my jacket retailored to help hide the unsightly bulge from my concealed bazooka holster!

In light of the serious problem just brought to my attention regarding the public concealed/open carry of loaded anti-armor explosive weaponry, I will be running on the RADICAL CENTRIST BAZOOKA platform in 2018.

I SUPPORT BAZOOKA DEOS pins will only contain more or less than 40% solidified nitroglycerin.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17359 on: February 20, 2018, 04:58:50 pm »

In light of the serious problem just brought to my attention regarding the public concealed/open carry of loaded anti-armor explosive weaponry, I will be running on the RADICAL CENTRIST BAZOOKA platform in 2018.

I SUPPORT BAZOOKA DEOS pins will only contain more or less than 40% solidified nitroglycerin.
I, for one, welcome our new rocket-jumping overlord.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17360 on: February 20, 2018, 05:44:03 pm »

Did you know 98% of the US currently isn't exploding?  VOTE RADICAL CENTRIST BAZOOKA
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17361 on: February 20, 2018, 07:15:02 pm »

Glad to see everyone here is such ribald supporters of the obscure performing arts...
Obligatory Wikipedia, (fix per Reelya)

;)

I too endorse the open carry of bazookas.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 12:54:09 pm by wierd »

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17362 on: February 20, 2018, 09:39:19 pm »

You sound like you might be my kind of person. As candidate or otherwise.

Yes, I do additionally have a GAU-8 in my pocket, but I am also pleased to see you as well. Any help in either regard would cement my vote, at the very least.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #17363 on: February 21, 2018, 05:27:51 pm »

So, Trump is currently in the process of explaining to the children who survived the school shooting how the incident would have been much better if all of the teachers had been armed and prepared to shoot the kid with the assault rifle.

Stay classy Trump.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17364 on: February 21, 2018, 06:09:19 pm »

... y'know, somehow I can't see that making the pissed off survivors and whatnot that have been organizing in the wake of this one less pissed off.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17365 on: February 21, 2018, 08:30:15 pm »

Not to sound too overly cynical, but I'm rather surprised that the outrage over the shooting is still going. It just doesn't seem exceptional in any way, shape, or form. Fewer people than Vegas, less novel than Columbine, the victims are much older than at Sandy Hook, and they're not minorities or an oppressed subgroup like Charleston or the Pulse shooting. So I'm somewhat surprised that this is going on still.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 08:35:25 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17366 on: February 21, 2018, 08:38:33 pm »

Just one of those turning points perhaps. Seems to be attributed to the activism of the students from that highschool. The exact reasons why this one seems different despite not being exceptional in any way are probably complex.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17367 on: February 21, 2018, 08:42:23 pm »

Just one of those turning points perhaps. Seems to be attributed to the activism of the students from that highschool. The exact reasons why this one seems different despite not being exceptional in any way are probably complex.
It would be nice if the, to use a jargon term, hegemony surrounding the issue finally cracked. It could not possibly last forever like this. If so we can finaly start having a real discussion.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17368 on: February 21, 2018, 09:09:16 pm »

Somethings gonna give at some point, that's for sure. How long this is sustained and whether we get anything meaningful out of this remains to be seen.

Also, theres going to be an NRA rep speaking there at the town hall and possibly answering questions, should be something to see how it plays out. Plus from what I've heard, it's kind of a new thing for the NRA to send a representative to gun violence town halls like these.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17369 on: February 21, 2018, 09:29:08 pm »

It would be nice if the, to use a jargon term, hegemony surrounding the issue finally cracked. It could not possibly last forever like this. If so we can finaly start having a real discussion.
Hell, to a large extent the discussion's been had, it's more or less done and over with on a few subjects. The issue for a bit now hasn't been the yammering, it's been drumming up a bloc of individuals sufficiently motivated to offset the influence of the very active and vocal minority of anti-sanity advocates typified by NRA lobbyists and their ilk. A majority of this ruddy country wants tighter gun laws, and has for a good few years now.

Fun recent poll, actually. There may be more people in this country that support universal, presumably federal level, background checks on firearm purchases than there are that will agree the sky is blue. Support near enough across the board within margin of error distance of 100%. Let it never be said the NRA or the GOP give a fuck what the people want.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1156 1157 [1158] 1159 1160 ... 3515