Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3593552 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Russia investigation sheneinighans
« Reply #17940 on: March 09, 2018, 08:07:49 pm »

I'm legit shocked that it's happening at all. I had not heard.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17941 on: March 09, 2018, 08:16:47 pm »

The date and place (I suspect that the 'by May' was just a suggestion, unless Kim Jong Un had some reason to want it done by the end of May) haven't been decided yet, so, while he's agreed to it, it's not actually 'on'.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17942 on: March 09, 2018, 09:26:17 pm »

They're gonna wrestle, I got my money on the fat one.

Incidentally, TN apparently decided to not put the kiddiefucker bill on hold, which is good news, but I just completed a really confusing series of searches trying to figure out why I had NEVER heard of this Fowler asshole and his legal theory which apparently is just "if we pretend gay marriage was never legal then we can try to fight it still, but if we admit it was made legal by doing something against pedos wanting a legal loophole to fuck 10 year old girls, then we would have to admit it was made legal so if we don't admit it was made legal then we can pretend it wasn't made legal and we can sleep easy knowing old men can fuck their underage wives in peace" as far as I can tell?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17943 on: March 09, 2018, 09:41:17 pm »

They're gonna wrestle, I got my money on the fat one.

Incidentally, TN apparently decided to not put the kiddiefucker bill on hold, which is good news, but I just completed a really confusing series of searches trying to figure out why I had NEVER heard of this Fowler asshole and his legal theory which apparently is just "if we pretend gay marriage was never legal then we can try to fight it still, but if we admit it was made legal by doing something against pedos wanting a legal loophole to fuck 10 year old girls, then we would have to admit it was made legal so if we don't admit it was made legal then we can pretend it wasn't made legal and we can sleep easy knowing old men can fuck their underage wives in peace" as far as I can tell?

Just gotta love the logical pretzels some people tie themselves into in order to justify some things.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17944 on: March 09, 2018, 09:43:49 pm »

The date and place (I suspect that the 'by May' was just a suggestion, unless Kim Jong Un had some reason to want it done by the end of May) haven't been decided yet, so, while he's agreed to it, it's not actually 'on'.

I expect Kim to get to the meeting with Trump and whip out a complex looking remote and demand millions of dollars or he uses his earthquake machine to destroy us all.

Then Trump screams to fire the super space laser and the news feed goes to static.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17945 on: March 10, 2018, 12:09:20 am »

We interrupt this broadcast of Supervillian Politicians, USA edition to bring you this fun filled report.

Mr Shkreli gets 7 years in prison for fraud.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/03/09/martin-shkreli-to-be-sentenced-friday-faces-more-than-decade-in-prison/?utm_term=.2d65ac222aac

Reminder-- this is the guy who increased the price of HIV-AIDS medicine 5000%, and other fun things.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17946 on: March 10, 2018, 04:37:30 am »

Though in fact the sentence was because of him defrauding investors, not because of the price change.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17947 on: March 10, 2018, 04:45:27 am »

Defrauding investors 5 times...

It could not have happened to a more deserving fellow.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17948 on: March 10, 2018, 05:01:44 am »

I hope they strip him of all his money too, next to the 7 years in prison.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17949 on: March 10, 2018, 07:50:11 am »

His lawyer said there were times he wanted to punch him in the face.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17950 on: March 10, 2018, 07:58:17 am »

I'm not sure if you could say he's mentally ill, but holy fuck is he not normal. He seems to totally lack social danger sense.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17951 on: March 10, 2018, 08:04:26 am »

He’ll have to learn right quick now.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17952 on: March 10, 2018, 08:20:53 am »

His lawyer said there were times he wanted to punch him in the face.
The guy has a level of want to punch his face that is legendary.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17953 on: March 10, 2018, 08:48:41 am »

Some of the jury candidate interviews are interesting

I honestly doubt he's gonna last too long in jail, a literal walking bag of dicks is bound to rub a lot of people the wrong way, wherever he goes.

Still, the fuckface utterly deserves it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17954 on: March 10, 2018, 09:13:17 am »

Some of the jury candidate interviews are interesting
Now that is a judge that's working damage control. No admonishment of the jurors for blatent bias or swearing, just running through trying to find someone who could believably be impartial. I'm kind of surprised they didn't just ask for a judge trial, though Shkreli was probably well aware of his guilt in even purely legal terms. "You'd have to convince me he was innocent rather than guilty", my god.
I honestly doubt he's gonna last too long in jail, a literal walking bag of dicks is bound to rub a lot of people the wrong way, wherever he goes.

Still, the fuckface utterly deserves it.
Sadly, if I'm being honest I suspect he'll be out of jail in short order. Pardoned, paroled, appealed...it'll take more than this to convince me the rich aren't above the law, and even if he's stuck he'll probably be playing tennis instead of bunking with MS13 soldiers.

At least Trump said even he though Shkreli was a worm of a human, but then again, there's always r/TrumpCriticizesTrump...Presidential Pardon inbound.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1195 1196 [1197] 1198 1199 ... 3515