Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3593041 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: Russia investigation sheneinighans
« Reply #18090 on: March 13, 2018, 02:41:58 pm »

Not sure why McCain doesn't bow out, maybe to ensure that there is a Republican getting the seat. Then again, the Arizona governor doesn't appoint a replacement, so, it wouldn't really be 100%.
Arizona senate vacancies are filled by gubernatorial appointment, and in fact must be of the same party of the previous seat holder. Source

Likely McCain both doesn't want to give up the position he won and doesn't want to risk a Trumpist or other incompetent getting his seat.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18091 on: March 13, 2018, 02:54:10 pm »

Oh wait, I got confused because Flake didn't resign, he just decided not to run for a new term.

Anyhow, it's certainly a combination of him being a stubborn old guy and the fact that he doesn't want to risk a Trumpist or other incompetent getting the seat if he can help it.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #18092 on: March 13, 2018, 02:54:32 pm »

Man, I miss having a president who was a transparent shill for native corporations, rather than a hostile foreign government.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #18093 on: March 13, 2018, 03:13:15 pm »

Man, I miss having a president who was just a transparent shill for native corporations, rather than for a hostile foreign government, too.
I can't help but think that's closer to your intent. Trump's been pretty cheerfully shilling for native corps, too...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: cabinet reshuffle shuffle shuffle
« Reply #18095 on: March 13, 2018, 04:44:25 pm »

Trump ain't done shuffling his cabinet around. Word is that he's considering Rick Perry to replace VA secretary Shukin (or something). Who's going to replace Perry at Dept. of Energy, no idea, maybe the deputy as that's been somewhat of a pattern.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 04:48:51 pm by smjjames »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18096 on: March 13, 2018, 05:56:01 pm »

While I agree with everything you say, I'd have to add ; when the left accepts insane SJW and adopt the "white man is the source of all evil" mantra, this is the same deal. People need to clean their own houses and realize extremisms feed off each other.
There isn't a PC bone in my body and I giggle every time I see pink hair due to the aposematic jokes going around, but I'm pretty biased against old white men, like march them off into a volcano and watch biased. Yeah, everybody fucks over everybody in some way but gods damn rotten old white fuckbags are a huge fucking problem in the US today, and have been for... let's just say a while. Trump stands out as the smelliest turd in a big bucket of shit because he floated to the top somehow, and I favor tossing the whole bucket overboard into said volcano.

I never thought I'd miss being regular embarrassed of Dubya...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18097 on: March 13, 2018, 06:38:38 pm »

Trump is the smallest turd? I thought Trump's whole schtick was being the only honest turd.
(Which is, incidentally, proof in my mind that honesty is not the highest possible virtue of a politician...)

Incidentally, I would put more effort into defending old white men if all of my problems were not the fault of an old white man (one in particular, actually). On the other hand, I aspire to one day be an old white man (the alternative is, of course, being a dead young white man), so I do have mixed feelings on the issues.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #18098 on: March 13, 2018, 06:41:55 pm »

While I agree with everything you say, I'd have to add ; when the left accepts insane SJW and adopt the "white man is the source of all evil" mantra, this is the same deal. People need to clean their own houses and realize extremisms feed off each other.

What constitutes the "left," in this case? The DNC? Democratic politicians? Steven Colbert? Or is it just some Democrat-registered college students that you decided annoy you and therefore are equivalent to traitors working with a foreign power to subvert democracy?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18099 on: March 13, 2018, 06:54:05 pm »

There isn't a PC bone in my body and I giggle every time I see pink hair due to the aposematic jokes going around, but I'm pretty biased against old white men, like march them off into a volcano and watch biased. Yeah, everybody fucks over everybody in some way but gods damn rotten old white fuckbags are a huge fucking problem in the US today, and have been for... let's just say a while. Trump stands out as the smelliest turd in a big bucket of shit because he floated to the top somehow, and I favor tossing the whole bucket overboard into said volcano.

I never thought I'd miss being regular embarrassed of Dubya...

In my experience, Max represents an extreme minority, and the left criticizes its own far more than the right does.  It's even been broadly recognized for as long as I've been politically aware (and brought up dozens of times on the political threads in this forum over the years) that the left has more trouble organizing than the right, because of infighting over principles.  If that doesn't say something, than I'm at a loss.

Even when we've had our arguments about antifa and such, it's not been less about defending antifa and more about arguing whether extreme left and right are a false equivalence in the scale and severity of bad behaviors they're responsible for.

Today's false equivalence is that somehow near blanket condemnation of the infamous dreaded bike lock marauder and widespread earnest discussion about failures to connect with political opponents represents a failure to disown the toxic elements on the fringe of the left on a level that is comparable to literally voting for sexual predators on the right.  Because I guess when there are two sides to a thing, it's impossible to conceive of one side being balanced differently than the other.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18100 on: March 13, 2018, 07:03:13 pm »

There was also that one time some antifa person broke a window, don't forget.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18101 on: March 13, 2018, 07:14:57 pm »

And then they tried to charge most of the group with crimes.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18102 on: March 13, 2018, 07:20:18 pm »

Pennsylvania 18 Ultimate Midterm Forecast Showdown will begin reporting soon.

The true fight between the Lamb, the Sac, and the...Miller. God libertarians are boring.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18103 on: March 13, 2018, 07:21:38 pm »

And then they tried to charge most of the group with crimes.

Including journalists that just happened to be in the area.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18104 on: March 13, 2018, 08:11:13 pm »

At 38% reporting, Pennsylvania 18 has wobbled back and forth and is now in a dead heat. Could be a long night on this one.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 ... 3515