Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1269 1270 [1271] 1272 1273 ... 3514

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3588884 times)

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: cabinet reshuffle shuffle shuffle
« Reply #19050 on: April 14, 2018, 02:02:17 pm »

It's times like these where I look back on my time as one of the last generations to play with glitter... Arts and crafts will never be the same.
Glitter is the devil's art supply.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19051 on: April 14, 2018, 03:09:30 pm »

I mean, farting in the ocean causes more rise than sea ice melting, it's already floating after all...
Sea ice displaces the water that it would become when melted, yes, but land ice (glaciers) that is currently not sat in the sea but is then melted (and/or lubricated to move, unmelted) into the sea, does add to sea levels.

The good thing is icostatic rebound is a thing! Saviour of the human race, if the likes Greenland pops up slightly, at the same time as it adds to sea-levels, right? Right?!?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19052 on: April 14, 2018, 03:16:46 pm »

It's times like these where I look back on my time as one of the last generations to play with glitter... Arts and crafts will never be the same.

Art is the devil's glitter supply.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19053 on: April 14, 2018, 06:54:49 pm »

I mean, farting in the ocean causes more rise than sea ice melting, it's already floating after all...
Sea ice displaces the water that it would become when melted, yes, but land ice (glaciers) that is currently not sat in the sea but is then melted (and/or lubricated to move, unmelted) into the sea, does add to sea levels.

The good thing is icostatic rebound is a thing! Saviour of the human race, if the likes Greenland pops up slightly, at the same time as it adds to sea-levels, right? Right?!?
Well, that got me wondering what various estimates of remaining isostatic rebound were so I was looking at an article about how to estimate it using strandlines and it mentioned hudson bay strandlines so I popped that as a search term in my address bar.

I use a custom search that goes to duckduckgo, ignores safesearch type of things, and filters pinterest.com because fuck that site and everyone using it goddammit.

So the web results are as expected, lots of papers about glaciation, deglaciation, etc.

I hit the right arrow to look at images and it's two pictures of rebound produced strandlines... then page after page of nude women.

wat

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19054 on: April 14, 2018, 07:13:57 pm »

Well, that got me wondering what various estimates of remaining isostatic rebound were so I was looking at an article about how to estimate it using strandlines and it mentioned hudson bay strandlines so I popped that as a search term in my address bar.

I use a custom search that goes to duckduckgo, ignores safesearch type of things, and filters pinterest.com because fuck that site and everyone using it goddammit.

So the web results are as expected, lots of papers about glaciation, deglaciation, etc.

I hit the right arrow to look at images and it's two pictures of rebound produced strandlines... then page after page of nude women.

wat
Sexy plate tectonics fetish?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19055 on: April 14, 2018, 07:15:30 pm »

It's all about banging and eruptions.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19056 on: April 14, 2018, 07:30:03 pm »

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #19057 on: April 14, 2018, 07:47:32 pm »

Well, there is it, Randall has covered everything.
In a time before time, I had a name.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19058 on: April 14, 2018, 08:12:41 pm »

Rule #106 of the Internet: There's always a relevant xkcd.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #19059 on: April 14, 2018, 08:29:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19060 on: April 14, 2018, 08:40:43 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's HIM!

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19061 on: April 14, 2018, 11:42:18 pm »

The years when I still used glitter were far outstripped by the years of my childhood when glitter was literally in everything, including under my nails.

Seriously. One might as well speak of glitter infestation with half-lifes, as in "50% of the glitter will be gone in 1.5 years," etc.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19062 on: April 15, 2018, 12:21:15 am »

Am I just older than a lot of you or something? I think I'm 37 now... maybe 38, I don't keep track well. How is playing with glitter a common enough thing to be a shared childhood memory?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19063 on: April 15, 2018, 12:30:47 am »

Staple of art class
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19064 on: April 15, 2018, 12:34:49 am »

I mean, I guess, but I can say for a fact I've never touched glitter in my life so I suppose I'm the odd man out.
Pages: 1 ... 1269 1270 [1271] 1272 1273 ... 3514