Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1275 1276 [1277] 1278 1279 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3600563 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol: cabinet reshuffle shuffle shuffle
« Reply #19140 on: April 19, 2018, 06:13:05 pm »

Thread seems quiet. Is no one else shocked or outraged by the average-ness of Tump's hands? Has apathy amongst the American people reached the point that no one cares about the length of their president's digits?

I think it's just that none of the current news is really amenable to comment. People have learned to ignore the random noises coming from the White House, it having been conclusively demonstrated that they bear no particular relationship to reality. No one therefore feels especially driven to comment on them, much less react to them. Without that, there is nothing for Congress to do but campaign and lie about their prospects in November, which isn't especially new or interesting, and local government just keeps running along party lines. Nothing moves the needle anymore.
On one hand, it's quite interesting that despite holding united government, Republicans in Congress are still acting like a party in the wilderness; I mean they passed tax cuts, but as Trump himself said a while back, Tax Cuts "are boring." (which he followed up on by non-metaphorically throwing away the script he was given and proceeding to go on about immigration), and it will have been an actual year in November since they passed them. They're exhausted and they haven't even done anything!

Meanwhile, in news news, Ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley set a red line for Trump. She is - apparently -  displeased that she was openly contradicted by Trump on Russia sanctions, and impressively, she has managed to receive a public apology from a colleague who said she was "momentarily confused." She's apparently been bolstered recently by the departure of Tillerson (who had conflicts with her) and the ascension of Bolton and Pompeo (both of whom have good relationships with her), as well as the fact that she's been the effective Secretary of State since Tillerson left.

Oh yeah, that's right... I actually knew that, but I guess my mind must have blocked it out. Because what you really need the unimaginable horror of losing your child is to have some fuckwit Floridian call your home phone and threaten your life because you're "hiding the truth".

Yeah, naw, fuck people. We've earned that Satan missile.
There was also that guy who murdered his father over the whole "Pizza-gate" nonsense.

Anyway, Rudy Giuliani has joined the Trump legal team.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19141 on: April 19, 2018, 07:09:10 pm »

Trump must be pretty desperate if he added Rudy Guiliani to his legal team. While he's more likely to be listened to by Trump, it seems like there would be a heck of a lot of conflicts of interest since Giuliani was a part of his transition team. At least I think he was. He was a major supporter of Trump, that's for sure, but I'm not sure how involved he was during the campaign and transition.

Shazbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19142 on: April 19, 2018, 08:53:57 pm »

People said Trump would start a war with North Korea. Little did they realize Trump's seven-dimensional chess has already built a time machine, started a war with North Korea in the fifties, and then kept that war perpetuated until Present Year so Trump can negotiate a peace treaty.

Mind. Blown.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19143 on: April 19, 2018, 09:32:18 pm »

Oh hey, congress convinced the DoJ to give them comey's memos, the ones he wrote after meetings with cadet bonespurs.

... to the surprise of approximately zero people that have been paying even the littlest amount of attention, they were leaked in under an hour :V

Apparently they don't say too much we weren't already fairly aware of, though. Eh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19144 on: April 19, 2018, 09:38:51 pm »

Yeah, the only thing new is that he seemed to have less of a positive opinion of Flynn than he publicly expressed.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19145 on: April 19, 2018, 10:03:50 pm »

Hey man, FBI is meant to be apolitical. Can’t have the staff complaining about the other appointments, can we?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19146 on: April 19, 2018, 10:07:58 pm »

Hey man, FBI is meant to be apolitical. Can’t have the staff complaining about the other appointments, can we?

On Flynn? It was Trump that said that in the memos, not Comey.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #19147 on: April 19, 2018, 10:10:07 pm »

N’mind then, it’s bedtime I’m allowed to be drawing poor conclusions :p

I’m surprised Trump’s opinion remains static long enough it can be written down, though...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19148 on: April 20, 2018, 10:38:45 am »

It doesn't. By the laws of quantrump physics, the act of writing down Trump's opinion in itself changes the opinion from it's written down state
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19149 on: April 20, 2018, 10:55:22 am »

Nonsense. It is perfectly possible to write down his objectives, just not in a concise form.

EG,

"Trump's objective for 2018 is to make america great again"

(Escapes before the fire starts.)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19150 on: April 20, 2018, 12:32:18 pm »

The DNC is filing a lawsuit against Trump, Russia, WikiLeaks and others for the 2016 election.

I like how they're dragging Assange into this, too. "Russia colluded with the Trump campaign in order to sabotage Hillary Clinton! And it's WikiLeaks' fault".

I... Do not know what they expect to achieve with this, other than showing off that they can bluster about and make fools of themselves too. I guess they've felt a little left out lately...

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19151 on: April 20, 2018, 12:41:10 pm »

I guess they've felt a little left out lately...

Absolutely unforgivable.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #19152 on: April 20, 2018, 12:59:17 pm »

God damn I wish there was a functional progressive party in American politics.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19153 on: April 20, 2018, 01:29:17 pm »

God damn I wish there was a functional progressive party in American politics.

Go agitate against first-past-the-post voting, then. So long as the system tends toward a two-party equilibrium, the drive to centrism is too strong for progressivism to be tenable.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #19154 on: April 20, 2018, 01:31:29 pm »

The DNC is filing a lawsuit against Trump, Russia, WikiLeaks and others for the 2016 election.

I like how they're dragging Assange into this, too. "Russia colluded with the Trump campaign in order to sabotage Hillary Clinton! And it's WikiLeaks' fault".
I mean... it literally was, in part. Far as we're aware from publicly available stuff, signs point to wikileaks working with russia and republican efforts to shit on their political opponents. They're a relatively minor player, I suppose, but if you're filing that sort of lawsuit they're fair game.

As for what's expected to be achieved, well, the article straight up says it. Monetary damages and public acknowledgement the entities in question did, in fact, conspire* to sabotage DNC efforts related to the 2016 campaign. If they've actually reached the point of physically filing a lawsuit like that, they probably think they have the evidence needed to get that, or some portion of it, out of a NY federal courtroom.

* Will say, I could half see that wording, specifically, being used as half the point. The collusion this and collusion that shite thrown around is legally bullshit, an empty thing with no legal definition worth mention. Conspiracy, on the other hand, very much is a legal concept that exists with weight and a nasty set of teeth. If certain folks start denying they were conspiring it might take a hefty chunk out of their ass in the futute and good goddamn riddance if it does.

E: And it's worth mentioning that something similar was filed against nixon, back in the day, that ultimately resulted in a good pile of settlement money. So... shit might actually be cash, ha.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 01:36:17 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 1275 1276 [1277] 1278 1279 ... 3515