Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1391 1392 [1393] 1394 1395 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3596306 times)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #20880 on: June 15, 2018, 01:25:30 pm »

Manafort has been jailed.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20881 on: June 15, 2018, 01:30:39 pm »

I clicked that twitter link and I think the first 10 posts gave me cancer.

Manafort has been jailed.

In b4 he gets a preemptive presidential pardon.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20882 on: June 15, 2018, 01:57:16 pm »

He’s been jailed for violating his bail conditions, rather than as a sentence.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #20883 on: June 15, 2018, 02:02:46 pm »

Still within the God Emperor’s domain, no? :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20884 on: June 15, 2018, 02:08:14 pm »

He is probably too concerned about Cohen to want to risk finding out.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #20885 on: June 16, 2018, 04:15:07 pm »

I'm sure some will see it differently...but, it seems particularly douchey to me when someone delivers an unreasonable ultimatum, fails to get his way, completely overreacts in a dangerous and destructive manner, and then blames everyone else for failing to give him what he wanted.

Also Trump is now tearing thousands of children away from their parents and blaming democrats for failing to fund his wall.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20886 on: June 16, 2018, 07:52:31 pm »

Indeed. The President can pardon someone before sentencing, before the court date, or even before indictment.  Theoretically, they could even pardon someone before suspicion.  Nixon's pardon is perhaps the most triumphant example, to wit a "full, free, and absolute pardon unto Richard Nixon for all offenses against the United States which he...has committed or may have committed or taken part in during the period from January 20, 1969 through August 9, 1974."

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20887 on: June 16, 2018, 07:57:24 pm »

In fairness, the Nixon pardon was also never challenged and was issued by Ford, not Nixon himself. Congress never passed the redline of charging him with something, and so Trump's ambition remains legally unexplored.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20888 on: June 16, 2018, 08:22:02 pm »

Nixon's pardon was also Ford saying "yeah, he's guilty as hell, but putting the screws to him would be Bad For The Country", rather than a transparent attempt to hide wrongdoing.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20889 on: June 16, 2018, 08:28:27 pm »

I'm not hearing much about the modern-day Spiro Agnew (SFAICT, he's staying under the radar either deliberately or because he couldn't be seen through the Trump chaffe if he wanted...). Do you think he'll be Forded, or is this another significant difference preventing history being repeated?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20890 on: June 16, 2018, 08:45:38 pm »

I saw Forded and thought "you have died of dysentery" which makes me old I think?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #20891 on: June 16, 2018, 09:19:54 pm »

In fairness, the Nixon pardon was also never challenged and was issued by Ford, not Nixon himself. Congress never passed the redline of charging him with something, and so Trump's ambition remains legally unexplored.
Yeah. I was under the impression that the point being made in the post I responded to was Trump pardoning Manafort rather than Trump pardoning himself, given the talk of Manafort going to jail for violating bail.  Is that incorrect?

I saw Forded and thought "you have died of dysentery" which makes me old I think?
Well, that depends. What do you want on your tombstone?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20892 on: June 16, 2018, 09:41:10 pm »

He’s been jailed for violating his bail conditions, rather than as a sentence.

He was on bail, but the new charges are about witness tampering. So sure, that is strictly speaking a bail violation, but it is in fact a more serious charge in itself. He's not getting out again unless he's proven innocent in court.

Remember, he's almost 70 years old, so he could have previously relied on dragging out the trial indefinitely with stalling tactics. That worked great for him while out on bail, but not so great for him now he's stuck in a cell. Also, if he had accomplices who would be implicated if a trial goes ahead then they might have been working to drag the process out  indefinitely. So he'd find a conflict of interests between himself and his previous accomplices.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 09:49:54 pm by Reelya »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20893 on: June 16, 2018, 09:56:04 pm »

Can't go with the joke because I once asked the missus this and she gave exactly the right answer: Avenge me...

I swear little heart shaped bubbles appeared around her right then.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20894 on: June 17, 2018, 05:29:34 am »

Can't go with the joke because I once asked the missus this and she gave exactly the right answer: Avenge me...

I swear little heart shaped bubbles appeared around her right then.

That woman is a keeper.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1391 1392 [1393] 1394 1395 ... 3515