Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1427 1428 [1429] 1430 1431 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3595869 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #21420 on: July 03, 2018, 07:22:09 am »

They didn't accept Dinosaur Jesus as the true Dinosaur Messiah. (So, good job we all did, and thus we all survived the Flood, then, right... wait, what?)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #21421 on: July 03, 2018, 09:45:08 am »

Scott Pruitt got publicly lectured by a teacher and conservationist in a restaurant.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21422 on: July 03, 2018, 10:00:55 am »

Scott Pruitt got publicly lectured by a teacher and conservationist in a restaurant.

On the one hand, hurrah for uncomfortable and peaceful discourse.
On the other, Pruitt was willing to run roughshod over his own department to such an egregious extent that even now, with transparency and accountability all but dead, he's under thirteen separate federal investigations. There's no point in pretending he cares about anything other than money.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21423 on: July 03, 2018, 11:01:46 am »

The real worst-case scenario would be if the world, on the largest scale, was controlled by inhuman forces with no conscious direction, and that only fear and avarice control the interaction of nations, with no great destiny planned and total annihilation of all known sentient life remained a reasonable possibility for the next century or more.
...you just described rule by corporate entities--which isn't too far-fetched--you know that right?

They have motivations, goals, ever larger influence on a global scale, and an utter lack of anything resembling human ethics or morals.

Incidentally the most fun answer to the "what do you believe in/what religion are you" question is to draw a big penis on the answer sheet and explain that you can't endorse giving an answer to a broken question, which can also be called theological noncognitivism according to wikipedia.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21424 on: July 03, 2018, 11:38:08 am »

I'm pretty sure his implication is that the worst case scenario is the world we actually live in.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21425 on: July 03, 2018, 12:20:28 pm »

Ah ah ah folks, God promised not to destroy the Earth ever again.... with a flood.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21426 on: July 03, 2018, 12:44:33 pm »

Ah ah ah folks, God promised not to destroy the Earth ever again.... with a flood.

He destroys small parts of the earth with floods all the time tho
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21427 on: July 03, 2018, 12:53:02 pm »

Solid (more or less, for the Dinosaurs), Liquid (Noah), Gas (trying to dodge various versions at the moment, from CFCs to CO2 to methane clathrates?), Plasma (reserved for future).

I wonder at which end of the timeline the Bose-Einstein Condensate extinction happen(ed/s)...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21428 on: July 03, 2018, 01:58:25 pm »

Solid (more or less, for the Dinosaurs), Liquid (Noah), Gas (trying to dodge various versions at the moment, from CFCs to CO2 to methane clathrates?), Plasma (reserved for future).

I wonder at which end of the timeline the Bose-Einstein Condensate extinction happen(ed/s)...

Extinction event 116: God destroys the earth with Mint Jelly.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #21429 on: July 03, 2018, 01:59:33 pm »

The Trump cult is trying to boycott Walmart because it sold "Impeach 45" shirts.

Oh no, Br'er Fox News, don't boycot Walmart!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21430 on: July 03, 2018, 02:01:43 pm »

Oh noes, us liberals love Walmart :(.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21431 on: July 03, 2018, 02:08:26 pm »

They'll probably pull em. They pulled the BLM shirts and that one that was about lynching journalists.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21432 on: July 03, 2018, 04:16:56 pm »

Shit now I gotta buy more stuff at Wal-Mart to spite cultists. I hate goddamn Wal-Mart.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21433 on: July 03, 2018, 04:29:35 pm »

Just stumbled upon a collection of gems from the #secondcivilwarletters trend on twitter.  There's some good stuff in here.

Quote from: My Favorite
To Whom It May Concern,

I'm still not sure why we're up here.

Signed,
Clark Ridley
Chief Engineer
United States Space Force

Bury my heart at Kaepernicknee

My Dearest Frederik,

I pray good will to you & the children.

The days here on the front are long & dark.  I have attended to a few self-inflicted gunshot wounds, mainly of the gun in yoga pants variety.  We call this type of wound "The Tammy."

Captured at Bowling Green.  In tolerably good health.  Avocado hardtack rations meager and chicory covfefe drunk cold to avoid microwave surveillance.  Capt. Kardashian to negotiate prisoner exchange.

Dear Mother,

The Red Hats pinned us down until we were saved by the cavalry:  women of color on horseback charging into battle.

Afterward, despite having no horses or expertise, some of the white males in our unit demanded to be in charge of the cavalry.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21434 on: July 03, 2018, 04:29:57 pm »

Trump sent threatening letters to the heads of state of several NATO allies, including the Netherlands, imploring them to increase defense budget. If they won't comply, Trumps threatens it will have consequences for the US prescence in Europe.
Could you guys get rid of this Russian infiltrator already?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 1427 1428 [1429] 1430 1431 ... 3515