Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1446 1447 [1448] 1449 1450 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3592811 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #21705 on: July 13, 2018, 11:10:52 am »

I'd rather https://sweetmeteorofdeath.com/

EDIT:

Duchess of Sussex 2020?

Should rile up a few people: Misogynists, racists, Republicans, British republicans...

In 35+ years when their kid is eligible... maybe. That would be the more solid path back into the empire.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 11:15:09 am by sluissa »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21706 on: July 13, 2018, 11:13:26 am »

Mueller just indicted 12 members of Russian intelligence in connection with the DNC hacks.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #21707 on: July 13, 2018, 11:30:25 am »

I wonder what country Trump would accuse Michelle of being born in if she campaigned against him?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21708 on: July 13, 2018, 11:30:42 am »

Mueller just indicted 12 members of Russian intelligence in connection with the DNC hacks.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21709 on: July 13, 2018, 12:35:48 pm »

Heh, I forgot the link.

One wonders how Trump will spin his inevitable decision to continue with the Helsinki meeting with Putin Monday.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #21710 on: July 13, 2018, 02:09:22 pm »

WITHC HUNT!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21711 on: July 13, 2018, 02:18:38 pm »

I'm growing increasingly vexed with politicians using the phrase 'I would say...' in non-hypothetical scenarios. Those are not words you would say, those are words you are saying, and you don't need to comment on the fact that are you currently in the process of saying words.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21712 on: July 13, 2018, 02:23:41 pm »

12 members of Russian intelligence in connection with the DNC
Russian intelligence in the DNC
TRIGGERED

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21713 on: July 13, 2018, 02:28:52 pm »

Heh, I forgot the link.

One wonders how Trump will spin his inevitable decision to continue with the Helsinki meeting with Putin Monday.

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you can find the 30,000 emails that are missing [from Hillary's private email server]"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21714 on: July 13, 2018, 02:46:28 pm »

Heh, I forgot the link.

"Russia, if you're listening, I hope you can find the 30,000 emails that are missing [from Hillary's private email server]"

*laugh track plays*

*opening bass lines from the seinfeld theme*
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #21715 on: July 13, 2018, 03:49:02 pm »

If Trump were ever overthrown they'd happily toss his ass out the White House and within, say, two days be off to the races saying Pence was innocent all along. Not a shred of shame either, probably be quite relieved if anything. Trump's enough of a narcissist that he might not realize (or conveniently forget to himself) how much they don't like him. They'd never say that, but they do say everything short of it. Especially when he rips up their current legislative effort, or shits on it then praises it then dumps it, or criticizes something they just did while demanding they now support something else, or, or, or...

I think they'd find it harder than you're implying. Far too many candidates running have thrown their advertisement dollars in with Trump supporting. While they may or may not privately hate him. A Trump impeachment before the election would be devastating. They may be willing to allow it after November, or possibly after 2020 if he's re-elected. But "tomorrow" is hoping a little too much.
I still think of Cruz: he rode the Trump wave during the primaries, expecting it to end in fire and to sweep up the remainders, but when that didn't work went on the attack ("New York values" and "vote your conscience"). Cruz personally is still a snake in the grass who'll dump Trump when he can, of that I'm sure. And in 2017 I heard a lot of grumbling, and self-consolation, on the Republican side about "President Pence."

I agree with you overall though, and I might even concede your main point: maybe things have changed since then. Certainly, it's become more and more costly to disassociate oneself from Trump, and no one has seen how nasty he might be if he thought he was going down. And there's no doubt in my mind many, if not most, Republicans would rally to Trump to stop any but the most ironclad reason to impeach (the pee tape maybe?). But for now, I think it's likely that Republicans would dump Trump if his Teflon ever stopped working. It'd start quietly, with little life-rafts at first, but a flood would be inevitable.
Speaking of 2020, is there even any hint of who's going to be running on the dem's side? What about the republicans, if they hate him as much as you say, any chance of the completely bonkers idea of a primary challenger from the incumbent's party?

I am curious about the dems though, as much as I don't want to start up the election season any earlier than it has to, the only name I keep hearing is Oprah... despite her continually saying "naw, not gonna." It's scary that's the only name besides a few mentions of Biden and examples of "Young up and comers" who "would be good to run in 7-10 years."
I've heard a number of names. Problem is those names were so utterly numerous and unknown that they went in one ear and out the other. It seems like a desperately crowded field, and the people who waited out Clinton are probably chomping at the bit to have their chance. I wonder how Trump will handle a crowded Democratic field without a single main contender. Will probably spend the whole time thinking about it, and intervening in ways no other President would, like saying he personally likes or dislikes candidate XYZ or that so-and-so is "totally corrupt" and things like that. It'd be curious to see how the field would handle constant turbulence like that: whether or not Trump's interference would backfire (or succeed from a reverse-psychology standpoint) or if the candidates would all close ranks whenever Trump tries to comment, or what. An interesting dynamic. I bet there's potential for a hell of a book in researching and recording that as it happens. Hmmm...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21716 on: July 13, 2018, 06:45:17 pm »

Speaking of 2020, is there even any hint of who's going to be running on the dem's side? What about the republicans, if they hate him as much as you say, any chance of the completely bonkers idea of a primary challenger from the incumbent's party?

I am curious about the dems though, as much as I don't want to start up the election season any earlier than it has to, the only name I keep hearing is Oprah... despite her continually saying "naw, not gonna." It's scary that's the only name besides a few mentions of Biden and examples of "Young up and comers" who "would be good to run in 7-10 years."
I've heard a number of names. Problem is those names were so utterly numerous and unknown that they went in one ear and out the other. It seems like a desperately crowded field, and the people who waited out Clinton are probably chomping at the bit to have their chance. I wonder how Trump will handle a crowded Democratic field without a single main contender. Will probably spend the whole time thinking about it, and intervening in ways no other President would, like saying he personally likes or dislikes candidate XYZ or that so-and-so is "totally corrupt" and things like that. It'd be curious to see how the field would handle constant turbulence like that: whether or not Trump's interference would backfire (or succeed from a reverse-psychology standpoint) or if the candidates would all close ranks whenever Trump tries to comment, or what. An interesting dynamic. I bet there's potential for a hell of a book in researching and recording that as it happens. Hmmm...

Well, a savvy politician would just let said crowded field tear each other apart and there is definetly a standard playbook that incumbent Presidents use during primaries on a Presidential election year. So, it depends on how much he listens to strategists.

And yeah, it's a massive amorphous field since there is a power vacuum and there isn't one single favorite.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #21717 on: July 14, 2018, 03:06:12 am »

I think the crowded field helped the Republicans in 2016. They fought, but it made their policies the focus of debate, and made the Democrats seem irrelevant.

And Trump gets obsessed with one person at a time for the most part. On the other hand, for Democrats a Trump condemnation is an endorsement...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #21718 on: July 14, 2018, 03:20:27 am »

The Republicans kinda didn't have a crowded field in 2016 tho, by the time most people started seriously following the election it got pared down significantly.  Nothing like 2012, where seemly every candidate had a moment where they pulled ahead up to 1st or 2nd place.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21719 on: July 14, 2018, 03:47:56 am »

Pakipol?

Suicide bombing related to the Pakistan election is being reported. Early number is 133 killed.
Pages: 1 ... 1446 1447 [1448] 1449 1450 ... 3515