Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3595255 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #22035 on: July 26, 2018, 02:04:13 am »

Are the democrats running meme candidates yet?  Please tell me we aren't and we never start.

I kept saying it was going to be the alt-right* that would be my generations' version of religious fundamentalists, but I never expected how fast it would happen.  Its like flipping a switch.  One moment Republicans love Jesus and half of them know nothing about the internet.  Next thing you know Jesus' name hasn't been mentioned on Fox News in 2 years and people who directly talk about PC'ness are getting elected.

What is it now... guns, swamp, Mexicans?  Doesn't quite roll off the tongue like the old saying did...

*except I didn't know what to call them so I just kind of described them
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22036 on: July 26, 2018, 02:08:39 am »

Just... going... to... leave... this... here

And it looks like that man is likely to see office. Fucking morons in our government.

One can still hope. That ad was for the primaries, so it is for GOP voter consumption, and heavily planted his flag on the Trump side.

Trump took Georgia by 51% to Clinton's 45%. But now, Trump has an approval rating of 41% / disapproval of 53% there. That means that roughly 8-10% of the Georgia electorate who voted for Trump now disapprove.

So a highly pro-Trump guy could get through the primaries but perhaps fail at the general election for the same reason. I'll be close, at least.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 02:12:17 am by Reelya »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22037 on: July 26, 2018, 02:51:52 am »

Also, the Democratic candidate, Stacey Abrams, won the Democratic primary resoundingly, so the party isn't overly split. As a Georgia dweller, I have some skin in the game. And I definitely don't want Kemp as governor.

If I recall correctly, he was recordes saying that his primary ads were extra Trumpian on purpose to woo voters, so I expect him to pivot more to the center now. By a small margin.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Qassius

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a Russian Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22038 on: July 26, 2018, 03:05:41 am »

I'm pretty sure Kemp already pushed away many independents and anti-trump conservatives. All the cash the Democratic party is dumping into Georgia definitely helps Abrams' situation too.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22039 on: July 26, 2018, 06:26:27 am »

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22040 on: July 26, 2018, 07:11:21 am »

Just... going... to... leave... this... here

From the people talking about this, I see that I was wrong in my initial assessment.

I thought this was a joke when I saw it this morning, but you guys are apparently taking it seriously.  It's been said before, but it bears repeating: Giant Meteor 2020.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22041 on: July 26, 2018, 08:10:10 am »

It's not a joke, it's a real ad from a real campaign, and it really won him the primary for his party. That said, everything else I've seen does make him seem more or less typical conservative politician rather than some sort of nutjob. I'd rather see Abrams win, but I don't think the world is ending if he wins either. It was a risky PR stunt and it paid off. Says more about the voters than it does about him.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22042 on: July 26, 2018, 11:41:05 am »

It's not a joke, it's a real ad from a real campaign, and it really won him the primary for his party. That said, everything else I've seen does make him seem more or less typical conservative politician rather than some sort of nutjob. I'd rather see Abrams win, but I don't think the world is ending if he wins either. It was a risky PR stunt and it paid off. Says more about the voters than it does about him.
Heh. This article is about election interference, and Brian Kemp's role in not helping.

If you don't want to read the longish well written article, basically when people came knocking to Audit GA's voting machines, Brian Kemp, secretary of state at the time, had the people running the machine maintenance wipe the drives and backups.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #22043 on: July 26, 2018, 01:41:49 pm »

Perhaps we need a Luddite movement to smash up the computerized voting machines.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22044 on: July 26, 2018, 01:43:36 pm »

Perhaps we need a Luddite movement to smash up the computerized voting machines.
Eh, the computerized nature isn't the problem, and paper had it's own problems. The issue in GA is that we don't have a paper log, so to speak.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22045 on: July 26, 2018, 01:45:25 pm »

inb4
Kemp wiped the data because the Russians were not the only ones changing things around.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22046 on: July 26, 2018, 01:46:13 pm »

The US had horrible cheating back when we had paper ballots.

I'd put the blame more on the lack of federal level election controls.  Individual states are allowed to have fucked up election processes and its just kinda... ignored.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22047 on: July 26, 2018, 01:56:27 pm »

Considering that people running their little voting ballet fiefdoms can seem to withhold/wipe the data with impunity(Kemp is still around, running for governor)... and the fact that everyone still uses the same shitty made-in-murica voting machines. 
Things may not have really changed much since the paper ballots.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22048 on: July 26, 2018, 03:20:41 pm »

Well, they do call them "voting machines" rather than "vote tallying machines", so at least they aren't falsely advertising.... right?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22049 on: July 26, 2018, 03:29:47 pm »

I have no idea which way people will vote in the 2018 general elections and what the actual tally will end up being, but if the polls say it was blue and the voting machines say its red, that means we've become Ukraine.
Pages: 1 ... 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 ... 3515