Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1521 1522 [1523] 1524 1525 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3592055 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #22830 on: August 22, 2018, 01:20:45 pm »

It's hard to live in an area where your beliefs are not the norm sometimes.

I think you're alright tho, even though I am not quite the polar opposite. Maybe that helps :)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22831 on: August 22, 2018, 02:44:10 pm »

I don't begrudge their opinions. I do dislike how antagonistic they are though. I personally think if they take the statues down they should put them in a museum but meh.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22832 on: August 22, 2018, 02:50:34 pm »

At the end of the day it's about seeing people as actual people, despite their politics making them seem like a caricature begging to be taken down a peg.

Granted that's not easy when some of them demonstrably don't view other people as actual people. But no one ever said the high road was easy. If it was easy, we'd all be good people.

Okay, so you're one of the good ones because you see them as people. How does your praiseworthy rectitude affect their behavior?

I've heard a lot of stuff like this, you see, about how we can't solve the problem of Trump Country without empathy; I have heard very little about actual steps we might take that will solve the problem, or even how we might determine what steps we could take. On what basis, then, do we presume that it is solvable?

It just seems like nobody knows how to bell the cat on this one.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22833 on: August 22, 2018, 03:07:20 pm »

Unless Pence gets implicated somehow, he was head of the transition team after all, if anything happened there, he had to have known about it. So far, the worst* thing he's done is made some poor choices.

*Yes, I'm aware of his stance towards LGBT and his actions while Indiana Governor, I'm talking about his role in the Trump adminstration.

It's on the record that he was lied to by Trump's staff during that whole Flynn debacle. There's plenty of plausible deniability on Pence's part. And if he were even half way intelligent, I wouldn't be surprised if he cultivated that deniability into a full on alibi. He's definitely kept a low profile and the Space Force announcement was the only really Trumpy thing I've seen him attached to in recent memory, which, while silly, isn't exactly going to be the thing that brings him down.

And yes, I'm aware of his past as well. But I have to imagine Pence would be at least slightly less embarrassing of a leader and if Dems controlled even one house of congress they could check his power to do any lasting damage pretty easily.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #22834 on: August 22, 2018, 03:21:53 pm »

Cohen's also pled guilty in a way that conspiracy charges pretty necessarily follow, far as I've been able to parse, so far. Unless there's some other political candidate he broke campaign law at the direction of, or cohen was basically slitting his own throat by lying under oath, there's at-minimum one crime trump's now cleanly on the hook for.

More specifically, Trump is on the hook for commiting a crime which directly affected the outcome of the election which made him president. This could easily be spun to cast a shadow on the entire legitimacy of his presidency.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22835 on: August 22, 2018, 03:33:02 pm »

He has been rather coincidentially absent for or otherwise shielded from a lot of the major shady stuff that went on. Not enough to accuse him of anything, just a lot of coincidences to be really coincidential.

It could be that he shielded himself or since it’s on record that the staff lied to him, it’s possible that he was shielded (intentionally or unintentionally) via omission by the staff.

I also have questions on whether he’d function in the role as President because while the sycophancy is definetly an act, he kind of goes beyond mere butt-kissing, know what I mean?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #22836 on: August 22, 2018, 03:40:30 pm »

This is why his staff keeps defecting. They realize he's been building a plausible deniability argument since the beginning, and the person the hammer is going to fall on just keeps rising up the chain.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22837 on: August 22, 2018, 04:19:00 pm »

This is why his staff keeps defecting.
I'm tired. I read this as defecating.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22838 on: August 22, 2018, 04:21:14 pm »

This is why his staff keeps defecting.
I'm tired. I read this as defecating.
Perhaps you simply mistook them talking out of their arses

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #22839 on: August 22, 2018, 04:32:01 pm »

I mean, at least 80% of politics today is verbal diarrhea so you can't really be blamed.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22840 on: August 23, 2018, 12:33:01 pm »

David Pecker got immunity in exchange for his testimony in Cohen's case. As he's CEO of the company that buried Karen McDougal's story, this is not unexpected, but it will further shake Trump regarding "loyalty."

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #22841 on: August 23, 2018, 01:26:41 pm »

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but we may be looking at the terminal collapse of the Trump administration. If his longtime lawyer turned on him, who's going to look themselves in the mirror and say they're willing to go down with the ship?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #22842 on: August 23, 2018, 01:35:23 pm »

It's not surprising.  Because from the non-fringe republican perspective, Trump is an embarrassment to most of them, while they would probably regard Pence as their best president ever.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22844 on: August 23, 2018, 02:00:02 pm »

It's not surprising.  Because from the non-fringe republican perspective, Trump is an embarrassment to most of them, while they would probably regard Pence as their best president ever.

I don't think they would, actually; Pence, by all accounts, actually, zealously believes every bit of Dominionist drivel to which normal Republicans pay lip service, and the dystopian theocracy he wants would take a dim view of their extramarital affairs and their drinking while women are on the same continent and so forth.
Pages: 1 ... 1521 1522 [1523] 1524 1525 ... 3515