Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1566 1567 [1568] 1569 1570 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3596542 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #23505 on: September 16, 2018, 09:47:31 pm »

... it is kinda' interesting how stung, so to speak, the GOP have been reacting, though. Makes you wonder what they were expecting to come up regarding kav.

Probably the usual political stuff related to his work during the Bush admin. Clearly they weren't expecting Kavanaugh to get involved in his own #metioo moment since the White House seemed to have all bases covered and they probably thought that the multiple FBI background checks for the various positions he had over the years would have turned up any allegations.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23506 on: September 16, 2018, 11:00:26 pm »

Waiting to release a scandal like this means that if the nominee is rejected over it, more time is wasted than if it had been made public earlier in the process.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23507 on: September 16, 2018, 11:16:57 pm »

There is that tactical consideration, true.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23508 on: September 16, 2018, 11:38:57 pm »

Pestilence is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse not because of grasshoppers but because of, you know, the plague. You know, the thing that had the strange tendency to kill essentially everyone.

Either I don't get your humour or what the shit.
My joke is based on the East of West versions of the Horsemen, there's no Pestilence in the group, and Squidbillies made the same joke.

I was going more for "Plagues of Egypt" rather than "horsemen of apocalypse" but meh.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23509 on: September 17, 2018, 01:59:24 am »

I don't even think about that shit, read the bible years ago but long since stopped being concerned about it as anything outside of another part of my useless trivia collection.

In more relevant news: anybody remember how Ken Starr had a guy named Kavanaugh working for him to take down a sitting president on impropriety and shit?

How hilarious is it now watching them try to say "oh but uh, harrumph, statutes of limitations and such, totally unrelated, look at these women who like the guy now!" when it comes to their boy?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23510 on: September 17, 2018, 04:48:22 am »

Locusts are more associated with Famine than Pestilence anyways, due to the propensity for devouring entire harvests before the humans can get to eat.

But yeah, locusts, bloody river, and the frickin' frogs. Plus the whole Passover thing with the killing of innocent children, but that's less important.

And while the whole Pestilence/Conquest thing is an interesting topic and all, I'm more curious about the Darksiders series and how the protagonists have thus far been War, Death, and Fury... Who's the fourth horseman, Fidget Spinner?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23511 on: September 17, 2018, 04:54:46 am »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23512 on: September 17, 2018, 05:35:50 am »

Better call the planeteers then.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23513 on: September 17, 2018, 05:48:59 am »

Locusts are more associated with Famine than Pestilence anyways, due to the propensity for devouring entire harvests before the humans can get to eat.

But yeah, locusts, bloody river, and the frickin' frogs. Plus the whole Passover thing with the killing of innocent children, but that's less important.

And while the whole Pestilence/Conquest thing is an interesting topic and all, I'm more curious about the Darksiders series and how the protagonists have thus far been War, Death, and Fury... Who's the fourth horseman, Fidget Spinner?

The forth horseman in Darksiders is Strife. He uses two handguns which you get one of in Darksiders 1 (Mercy).
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23514 on: September 17, 2018, 10:20:19 am »

The forth horseman in Darksiders is Strife. He uses two handguns which you get one of in Darksiders 1 (Mercy).
Meh. I prefer my Fidget Spinner canon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #23515 on: September 17, 2018, 10:26:28 am »

There's no rider of pestilence in the original Four Horseboys. Everyone forgets about Conquest, the Burger King-lookalike.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23516 on: September 17, 2018, 10:31:02 am »

Conquest is best girl.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23517 on: September 17, 2018, 10:32:59 am »

Conquest is best girl.

White pony sucks, would rather have cube of meat.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #23518 on: September 17, 2018, 10:37:10 am »

Dat flight doe.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23519 on: September 17, 2018, 10:58:37 am »

Conquest is best girl.

White pony sucks, would rather have cube of meat.
There's being Devil's Advocate, and then there's being wrong.

This falls into the second category.
Pages: 1 ... 1566 1567 [1568] 1569 1570 ... 3515