Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1768 1769 [1770] 1771 1772 ... 3513

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3578660 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #26535 on: December 14, 2018, 04:56:26 pm »

Hell is empty, and all the devils are here.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26536 on: December 14, 2018, 05:00:18 pm »

I'm pretty sure I could convince certain people that since her last name begins with Dev- and she has 5 letters in her name that makes her comprised of 60% Actual Satan. Reciting MSH's profound quotes can only help.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26537 on: December 14, 2018, 05:00:39 pm »

I dunno, Lucifer seemed more intent on spreading worldly knowledge than Devos.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26538 on: December 14, 2018, 05:02:00 pm »

Imagine being turned down by a man with no pride or honor, who threw away his entire career by hitching himself to your wagon.

Good god imagine being turned down by Chris Christie.
Chris Christie turned down an offer to be Trump's chief of staff.

Now whoever Trump interviews is going to have to face the fact that they were less wanted than Christie. It's difficult to imagine who would accept such a job.
I foresee a new headline: "Trump to announce self as Chief of Staff."

Betsy Devos is basically the literal devil. Thoughts?
It says a lot that of all the people in Trump's cabinet, she is somehow one of the very few to survive since the beginning. I couldn't tell you what it says, but it says something.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 05:03:33 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26539 on: December 14, 2018, 05:03:07 pm »

Trump did actually say that he didn't want to have a Chief of Staff. If Jared refuses that might happen because the world never made sense.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26540 on: December 14, 2018, 05:08:53 pm »

I dunno, Lucifer seemed more intent on spreading worldly knowledge than Devos.

This is my favorite quote of the thread, sir.

As someone from NJ, I can attest that there are very few creatures that are less wanted than Chris Christie. Perhaps a week-dead cat, or maybe the Herpes virus. I think that being wanted less than him by someone who actually likes the man is probably some kind of reverse-supercompliment.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26541 on: December 14, 2018, 05:12:31 pm »

Feline herpes lingering on a week dead cat might be on par with as odious as christie, methinks.

... did you know feline herpes is a thing? I didn't until a year or three back when some fairly terrible doggerel led me to check. And it is! The more you know.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26542 on: December 14, 2018, 05:13:56 pm »

Now whoever Trump interviews is going to have to face the fact that they were less wanted than Christie. It's difficult to imagine who would accept such a job.

He's previously said that the only job in the adminstration he'd accept is AG, so, not entirely surprising. As for Meadows, Trump said that he decided that Meadows would be of more use where he is.

If he decides to move either Mulvaney or Mnuchin (the only other two people that I know of that are being looked at), he's going to have to then find a replacement for those. I know it's obvious that's going to happen, but it just shows how much of a continuation of musical chairs the whole admin is with shuffling things around.

Imagine being turned down by a man with no pride or honor, who threw away his entire career by hitching himself to your wagon.

Good god imagine being turned down by Chris Christie.

I foresee a new headline: "Trump to announce self as Chief of Staff."

Betsy Devos is basically the literal devil. Thoughts?
It says a lot that of all the people in Trump's cabinet, she is somehow one of the very few to survive since the beginning. I couldn't tell you what it says, but it says something.

Again, Christie has said the only job he'd accept is Attorney General, so.....

Trump did actually say that he didn't want to have a Chief of Staff. If Jared refuses that might happen because the world never made sense.

He'd also prefer to be his own communications team, which he pretty much already is anyway. Does the nepotism law apply to the Chief of Staff? I know some past Presidents have had a close relative as secretary or assistant not unlike a Chief of Staff, though this was in the 18th and 19th centuries, well before the modern Chief of Staff position.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26543 on: December 14, 2018, 05:18:32 pm »

Does the nepotism law apply to the Chief of Staff? I know some past Presidents have had a close relative as secretary or assistant not unlike a Chief of Staff, though this was in the 18th and 19th centuries, well before the modern Chief of Staff position.
Well as the folks down in Australia have clarified, mistresses don't count as close relatives and therefore aren't covered by nepotism laws.

Stormy Daniels as Chief of Staff. I mean, she certainly has experience with handling a large staff...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26544 on: December 14, 2018, 05:22:22 pm »

Stormy Daniels as Chief of Staff. I mean, she certainly has experience with handling a large staff...
Although it sounds like she would never have to under Trump.

(Triple-, no... quadruple-, entendre there. I probably won't do better again, today!)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26545 on: December 14, 2018, 05:26:29 pm »

Quick check suggests the current DoJ doesn't think employees specifically for the white house office would run afoul the nepotism restrictions. Something about the specific position and a few others technically not being part of some specific agency, or something like that. Apparently the question was asked in relation to Nixon, too (go fucking figure), and the legal eightball came back "answer hazy enough you should come back when you have a desperate enough dumbshite to push the issue".

That said, I'm not sure how much I believe the current DoJ's legal advisement when it comes to what the president can and can't do, as a general thing. It could probably be taken to court, for clarification if nothing else. There's not a clear yes or no answer... yet.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26546 on: December 14, 2018, 05:28:11 pm »

Hate to burst your pun-bubble, but Trump has now named Mick Mulvaney as acting Chief of Staff. Now he's going to have to find a replacement for whatever position Mulvaney is leaving. Probably promote the deputy as that seems to be a tendency.

Whether hes going to be the full Chief of Staff after Kelly leaves or is just a temporary one though, don't know.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 05:31:00 pm by smjjames »

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26547 on: December 14, 2018, 06:41:53 pm »

Hate to burst your pun-bubble, but Trump has now named Mick Mulvaney as acting Chief of Staff. Now he's going to have to find a replacement for whatever position Mulvaney is leaving. Probably promote the deputy as that seems to be a tendency.

Whether hes going to be the full Chief of Staff after Kelly leaves or is just a temporary one though, don't know.

Since the Chief of Staff doesn't need Senate confirmation, "acting Chief of Staff" means whatever Trump wants it to mean. He's probably already forgotten it exists, so I'd bet on the former; this is probably a way to dodge and say Mulvaney wasn't ever "really" Chief of Staff once he's fired.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26548 on: December 14, 2018, 06:50:18 pm »

Or maybe he's just agreed to be the acting CoS until Trump really has found the one he wants. Inb4 acting becomes permanent as it is in so many other things he has yet to fill and still have acting leaders.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26549 on: December 14, 2018, 07:00:15 pm »

Possibly that. It's also possible that Trump just forgot the Chief of Staff isn't a principal officer in the statutory sense, and has just learned he can fill vacancies with whoever he likes as long as he uses the magic word "acting" in front of their title.
Pages: 1 ... 1768 1769 [1770] 1771 1772 ... 3513