Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1872 1873 [1874] 1875 1876 ... 3513

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3578294 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28095 on: February 09, 2019, 05:14:06 pm »

Senator Warren just finished her 2020 prez bid announcement.
She said 'And one more thing...' like 5 times during the speech

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28096 on: February 09, 2019, 06:23:51 pm »

Ugh, I was just talking to an American woman, and I mentioned that Trump's up for re-election next year. She looked blank so I said "uh, the 2020 election".

The woman protested, "but Trump's only been in two years, he has two more years to go!"

I tried to explain how the election cycles work "last time was 2016, next time is 4 years later, 2020" but apparently this was beyond her level of cognition. I tried explaining this a couple of different ways but I don't think I managed to convince her. As she walked away she was "whatever, but Trump's going to win again!"
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 06:25:51 pm by Reelya »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #28097 on: February 09, 2019, 06:27:17 pm »

Ugh, I was just talking to an American woman, and I mentioned that Trump's up for re-election next year. She looked blank so I said "uh, the 2020 election".

The woman protested, "but Trump's only been in two years, he has two more years to go!"

I tried to explain how the election cycles work "last time was 2016, next time is 4 years later, 2020" but apparently this was beyond her level of cognition. I tried explaining this a couple of different ways but I don't think I managed to convince her. As she walked away she was "whatever, but Trump's going to win again!"

Don't correct her!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28098 on: February 09, 2019, 08:41:29 pm »

She might have been able to understand if you broke it down, you know that 4 is 2+2

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28099 on: February 09, 2019, 09:02:30 pm »

She might have been able to understand if you broke it down, you know that 4 is 2+2

Fake news, 2+2 is 5.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28100 on: February 09, 2019, 09:30:29 pm »

One or the other fallacy, probably, that "next year + last year = two years" (ignoring this year, between), the closely-related telegraph-poles-and-lengths-of-wire error (you are in the first year of your term before your first anniversary, then as you pass  that anniversary "you are 1!" but it is your second year, by some reasonable measures, see also Century numbers vs the intial digits of 99% of the years within them) and, finally, the fact that the (late) 2016 incumbent only took office in (early) 2017.

I expect there wasn't ever time or opportunity to establish which misthoughts occurred in this case, but there are easy enough errors to make, aplenty.

Now let us talk about the relative advantages and disadvantages to indexing arrays from either 0 or 1 as the lower bound.  ;)

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28101 on: February 09, 2019, 09:46:58 pm »

I expect there wasn't ever time or opportunity to establish which misthoughts occurred in this case, but there are easy enough errors to make, aplenty.

Yes, but it's so much easier and more satisfying to just call everyone else stupid, you know.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28102 on: February 09, 2019, 10:04:47 pm »

Some people actually made a 40k donald float
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Politics aside, whoever's done this is good at cosplay. Except the helmets, could've done better than a motorcycle helmet, but I can't hate because they had some pretty sick masks. Also Xi Jinping is on the right knee & Putin on the right pauldron, deepest lore

If you take it out of context you can't even tell if they're satirising or supporting Donald

[Context is a bunch of Italians having fun at a carnival at the expense of the USA]

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28103 on: February 09, 2019, 10:19:23 pm »

I'm really the only one amazed by the masterful use of irony in the huffpo headline: BEZOS EXPOSES PECKER?

Apparently, yes.
yup
Goddamn surrounded by heathens I tells ya, he exposed Pecker attempting to blackmail him by threatening to expose his exposed pecker pictures... that's fucking wonderful and I can only wonder who or what hurt you all so much as to remove the ability to appreciate something so funny I still can't laugh about it.

It’s probably because it was a HuffPo clickbait headline. If it was a Beeb article, it would’ve been slightly more amusing, but I have noticed they tend toward clickbaity headlines now, too.
Yeah, but unlike a typical clickbait lure this was extremely accurate, succinct, and ironic as fuck. All done with three words.
If it makes you feel better, I told my parents about it and they thought it was hilarious.
You parents are awesome.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #28104 on: February 10, 2019, 01:22:44 am »

Some people actually made a 40k donald float
Politics aside, whoever's done this is good at cosplay. Except the helmets, could've done better than a motorcycle helmet, but I can't hate because they had some pretty sick masks. Also Xi Jinping is on the right knee & Putin on the right pauldron, deepest lore

If you take it out of context you can't even tell if they're satirising or supporting Donald

[Context is a bunch of Italians having fun at a carnival at the expense of the USA]

The sword should have “covfefe” on it, instead of silly Italian nonsense.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28105 on: February 10, 2019, 04:33:46 am »

The hilt is decorated with Twitter birds, gotta give them credit for that.

I also quite like the toeskull, I have to say.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28106 on: February 10, 2019, 08:00:07 am »

Now I have to question... If Trump is the God Emperor....   Is the golden throne a toilet?  I mean, everything else in his penthouse is gold leaf...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #28107 on: February 10, 2019, 08:03:00 am »

Now I have to question... If Trump is the God Emperor....   Is the golden throne a toilet?  I mean, everything else in his penthouse is gold leaf...
It's the best throne. The biggest throne. The goldest throne.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28108 on: February 10, 2019, 08:16:50 am »

He probably has several, in several golden bathrooms with golden bidets (to wash his golden feet), golden bathtubs and every other golden luxury he can fit in, even if some are a bit poky and they've only just got room for showers.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28109 on: February 10, 2019, 09:28:13 am »

More important, who puts him on the throne? Who's his Horus?
Pages: 1 ... 1872 1873 [1874] 1875 1876 ... 3513