Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1873 1874 [1875] 1876 1877 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3596218 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28110 on: February 10, 2019, 09:51:13 am »

Now I have to question... If Trump is the God Emperor....   Is the golden throne a toilet?  I mean, everything else in his penthouse is gold leaf...
More important, who puts him on the throne? Who's his Horus?

throw a dart at the list of all the staffers and aides who've had massive fallings out with him and been dismissed.

Maybe some of the people who sold him out to Mueller
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28111 on: February 10, 2019, 09:55:04 am »

If I had to pick, and knowing very little about WH40K lore and whoever this Horus guy is, I'd have to say Bannon. Though theres stuff I've heard of that Horus supposedly betrayed the God Emperor (what's he referred to as? I forget or don't know and he probably has a name in the WH40K universe) at some point and theres Horus heresies or something, so, it'd have to be someone who betrayed Trump at some point.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28112 on: February 10, 2019, 10:14:24 am »

If I had to pick, and knowing very little about WH40K lore and whoever this Horus guy is, I'd have to say Bannon. Though theres stuff I've heard of that Horus supposedly betrayed the God Emperor (what's he referred to as? I forget or don't know and he probably has a name in the WH40K universe) at some point and theres Horus heresies or something, so, it'd have to be someone who betrayed Trump at some point.
He's just referred to as Emperor or the big E for short. Bannon doesn't quite fit as Horus isn't just one of big E's colleagues, he's one of his sons. To really get the fit he'd have to get Horused by one of his progeny, or a protege whose career he created. Like in 2020 Eric Trump announces he's running as a DNC candidate

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28113 on: February 10, 2019, 10:34:01 am »

'a protege whose career he created' could be Pence if he runs for President and succeeds, but I'm not sure I see him backstabbing Trump. Sure, he's shrewd enough to know that survival (or at least not having Trump make his life miserable, which is all Trump can do to him) depends on praying to the golden idol that is Trump, but I can't tell if he has the balls/guts/whatever to backstab Trump in some way or if he'd still kiss ass just as much.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28114 on: February 10, 2019, 11:24:38 am »

He's just referred to as Emperor or the big E for short. Bannon doesn't quite fit as Horus isn't just one of big E's colleagues, he's one of his sons. To really get the fit he'd have to get Horused by one of his progeny, or a protege whose career he created. Like in 2020 Eric Trump announces he's running as a DNC candidate

Cohen, then, at least in Trump's view.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28115 on: February 10, 2019, 12:13:55 pm »

Trump is more like Lorgar, really. Pence is Erebus.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28116 on: February 10, 2019, 02:36:23 pm »

Lorgar is way too calm, sophisticated and coherent to be compared to Trump. There's more similarity with Perturabo, being crass and fond of walls

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28117 on: February 10, 2019, 02:52:40 pm »

Gold within, gold without.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28118 on: February 10, 2019, 08:14:34 pm »

The only Erebus I know of is another name for Tartarus.

Lorgar is way too calm, sophisticated and coherent to be compared to Trump. There's more similarity with Perturabo, being crass and fond of walls

I have no clue with this WH40K lore.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28119 on: February 10, 2019, 08:28:35 pm »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28120 on: February 10, 2019, 08:42:14 pm »

Outside in the middle of a snowstorm probably isn’t the best place to do that. Though the article has her boasting about it being not all that cold, so, maybe it’s something normal for Minnesotans, heh.

Maybe Klobuchar and Trump shouldn’t see who can endure that frigid weather the longest, heh.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28121 on: February 10, 2019, 08:55:43 pm »

I have no clue with this WH40K lore.
Basically Perturabo is an extremely petty man with a terribly good memory for grudges, who devotes inordinate sums of resources to getting back at people for slights they've done him. With the diplomatic tact of a skunk in panic, a fondness for building walls, Pert seems the best parallel for a man who ran for President to get back at someone who roasted him at a dinner

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28122 on: February 10, 2019, 09:04:10 pm »

Another hat tossed into the ring today. This one covered in sno!
Klobuchar's campaign is on life-support the moment it was born, thanks to a number of reports that she was absolutely hellish on her Senate staffers.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28123 on: February 10, 2019, 09:11:13 pm »

Another hat tossed into the ring today. This one covered in sno!
Klobuchar's campaign is on life-support the moment it was born, thanks to a number of reports that she was absolutely hellish on her Senate staffers.

Links to said number of reports? 'absolutely hellish' could mean a whole range of things.

edit: Found some. Sounds like she could be the female version of LBJ who I've heard was notoriously mean, or maybe the American version of Margaret Thatcher, if the nickname Iron Lady is anything to go by.. It also sounds like there are conflicting reports and some are blaming (rightly or wrongly) sexism. If it's all accurate, she definetly wouldn't be the first candidate to rule their staff with an iron fist. Things like this get weeded out during the primaries, which is what they're for.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 09:20:33 pm by smjjames »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28124 on: February 10, 2019, 09:21:38 pm »

Yeah. Which isn't necessarily a bar to voting for her (though women still have to contend that the same qualities that would make a man a "hard-nosed, tough fighter" are summarized in a woman as "bitch"), but it's gonna make it way tougher to attract and retain good campaign staff. And you don't get far in the game without a good campaign staff (unless your name is Donald J. Trump).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 1873 1874 [1875] 1876 1877 ... 3515