Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1874 1875 [1876] 1877 1878 ... 3513

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3582826 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28125 on: February 10, 2019, 09:24:22 pm »

He had good campaign staff though.

It’s only now we’re finding out why they were so good.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28126 on: February 10, 2019, 09:37:43 pm »

Unless your name is Donald J Trump? Pfft, all Trump could attract was the scum at the bottom of the barrel. Granted it was partly because nobody took him seriously and so he was left with E-list people and various randoms, usually die hard supporters. And partly it was because Trump is Trump and no A-list talent wanted to attach their reputation to him.

Still, Trump managed it with the crew he had, so, if the conditions are right (a crowded primary is likely a major if not THE major factor), Klobuchar could plausibly pull through like he did with a sub-standard crew.

He had good campaign staff though.

It’s only now we’re finding out why they were so good.

Probably not as good as he could have gotten. Plus, you forget that there was the Clinton factor, and no, I don't only mean 'her emails'. You can't look at it in isolation.

Also, more of Trumps schedules from the past week got leaked, which is incredibly brazen considering that there is a hunt going on for whoever leaked the earlier ones. Not sure what the point is to releasing more though as it's just the same stuff, other than maybe to aggravate Trump or some sort of cloak and (metaphorical) dagger 'court intrigue'.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #28127 on: February 10, 2019, 10:21:50 pm »

My implication was that they were so good because they’re all criminals or working with the Russians :p
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28128 on: February 10, 2019, 11:34:28 pm »

Also, more of Trumps schedules from the past week got leaked, which is incredibly brazen considering that there is a hunt going on for whoever leaked the earlier ones. Not sure what the point is to releasing more though as it's just the same stuff, other than maybe to aggravate Trump or some sort of cloak and (metaphorical) dagger 'court intrigue'.

My guess is that it's both. Distracting Trump with disloyalty is a sure way to focus his attention, and the radial hierarchy of his administration means that everyone, no matter their actual job, has a reason to compete with everyone else for proximity to him. This is probably someone's attempt to get him on another firing spree.

Then, too, because his administration is a unique blend of incompetence and viciousness, someone's probably also trying to demonstrate their value as a source while also raising Trump's ire, because to be in the White House now is to be constantly looking to secure a favorable way out when and if this whole thing comes to a halt.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #28129 on: February 11, 2019, 03:32:37 am »

It took three years, but the media is finally doing its job by incentivizing people to betray Trump.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28130 on: February 11, 2019, 04:32:15 am »

All it takes is someone to be aware of (or even 'suggest') the various inevitable Canary Traps set up¹, after the initial revelation, and all this person needs to do is to leak the version(s) linked to whoever they want to unduly tar and feather.

(I'm not such a devious person, but I assume that anyone of note in this Administration is. In this position I'd be either hoping to be officially aware of such ploys (indeed, suggesting it, for kudos points!) or visiting desks of 'friends' and colleagues looking out for something as seemingly innocuous as a mismatched schedule before I made sure I was leaking information I was sure wasn't just BCC:ed to me, and (once it might have been) deliberately use the not-my-version information. It's so obvious that (normally) I'd actually be tempted to mix my own version back in there with indications that I'd had my shoulder looked over momentarily, to misdirect the inevitable meta-hunt for a devious desk-tourist. But would I really need to?)

¹ Mid-level Staffer A gets a version with Executive Time from 3pm to 5pm, a hypothetical meeting with a chummy press person at 5pm-6pm; Mid-level Staffer has press @3-4, ET @4-6,; other details sprinkled around.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28131 on: February 11, 2019, 08:01:33 am »

The hypothetical canary traps are, of course, operating in a world in which these are a dozen different versions of Trump's executive time every day and none of them will be followed, so the intent may not be to root out the leakers so much as to find someone who knows what Trump's actual schedule will be so they can make him Chief of Staff.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28132 on: February 11, 2019, 08:39:11 am »

The hypothetical canary traps are, of course, operating in a world in which these are a dozen different versions of Trump's executive time every day and none of them will be followed, so the intent may not be to root out the leakers so much as to find someone who knows what Trump's actual schedule will be so they can make him Chief of Staff.
Trump can't be his own Chief of Staff, so no such person exists.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #28133 on: February 11, 2019, 08:44:09 am »

My guess is that it's both. Distracting Trump with disloyalty is a sure way to focus his attention, and the radial hierarchy of his administration means that everyone, no matter their actual job, has a reason to compete with everyone else for proximity to him. This is probably someone's attempt to get him on another firing spree.

Then, too, because his administration is a unique blend of incompetence and viciousness, someone's probably also trying to demonstrate their value as a source while also raising Trump's ire, because to be in the White House now is to be constantly looking to secure a favorable way out when and if this whole thing comes to a halt.
It is entirely possible that the person involved doesn't care if they get caught.  Everyone in the administration by now has to realize that the worst that will happen to them is being fired.  I think Kelly was even professional about it so... who does the firings now?  Acting chief of staff?

If they live in Washington DC its also possible they're trying to establish a paper trail that they didn't actually support Trump.  A while back there was a controversy that Trump staffers were having a hard time finding dates and getting disrespected in public.  Also a couple times getting denied service in restaurants, which I don't actually think should be allowed but considering that Republicans paved a legal highway for that one I don't have sympathy.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28134 on: February 11, 2019, 08:53:26 am »

If only I could blame ameripol thread for not getting dates...
Love, scriver~

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28135 on: February 11, 2019, 09:31:25 am »

Trump can't be his own Chief of Staff, so no such person exists.
He wouldn't meet the requirement proposed, anyway.

... that said, I think he actually could be his own chief of staff if he felt like it? Or just not have one. Seem to recall the position isn't, like, legally mandated or somethin', so most anything goes for it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28136 on: February 11, 2019, 09:33:21 am »

Don't need a chief of staff if you fire all your staff.

[thinkman.jpg]

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28137 on: February 11, 2019, 11:56:45 am »

With the size of his ego, Trump is clearly Fulgrim. A Fulgrim who is so out of touch even his own legionnaires are like "What do we dooooooooo?"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28138 on: February 11, 2019, 11:59:10 am »

Sounds like Klobuchar would make pretty good VP material if she doesn't manage to get the nomination. Can Americans handle both a woman President and VP though? heh

I wonder if Trump would be tempted to dump Pence and pick a woman VP just so he could compete (though choosing a woman VP for that reason isn't a great look), though he is stuck with Pence at this point.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28139 on: February 11, 2019, 12:18:06 pm »

It'd be a trade off between women voters and the religious right.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 1874 1875 [1876] 1877 1878 ... 3513