Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1891 1892 [1893] 1894 1895 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3599259 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28380 on: February 18, 2019, 08:51:45 am »

Yes. I appreciate you agreeing with me on the point I was making. Nobody (relevant to this discussion) called the working class Deplorable.

(And now what was a P.S. to the prior post that I was appending, but you obviously replied already, so extracted from that aborted edit and olaced here:)
As for smart, there was enough mud flung to stick to anything, if it wasn't that phrase that was up-converted and contrived to be against her, it would have been something else. By the same people who (if they were even bothered) would dismiss what Trump says as "he never meant that". Like apparently he never meant that Mexico would send an actual cheque to pay for the wall, that the wall was never going to be solid concrete/an actual wall, that the wall would be the entire length of the border, that the wall sections he'd been building he'd actually be building from scratch, and would be his walls rather than pre-scheduled repairs, etc, despite having plainly said these things. Oh, and all those times he's said IS is defeated by him, he meant on the way to being defeated with inout from allies and "enemies of my enemy", alike, en mass, just like he never said he would be pulling everything out of that area immediately several months ago, which would have left the more recent claims of active victory strangely hollow.

Personally I don't believe anything he says, so apparently I share a lot of ideology with a Trump supporter. Like the atheist who just believes on one less god than a theist, both not believing in the myriad of other deities and pantheons, I just don't believe all of thousands upon thousands of individual statements (I'm ambivalent about his statements about water being wet!) that even a Deplorable may be all "meh, whatever..." about if it's not their actual and current tinfoil obsession.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28381 on: February 18, 2019, 09:12:50 am »

For clarity in the future if I didn't make it clear where my ire is pointed: I've got no reason to care if Joe-Bob and Billy out in Bumblefuck buy into the Lost Cause bullshit, they don't really have much reason to even question it, do they?

No, until they buy tiki torches and parade around some awful monument to hatred they don't even ping the scanner.

The fuckers who pushed this bullshit ideology, especially the ones who do so knowing it is just a means to stay on top of the heap? Fuck them with a gigantic bronze dildo made from their favorite melted down statue while it's still hot to the touch.

I'm not even interested in caring enough to get mad at all the people hit by indoctrinated racism, but I'll happily punch the throat of the shitlickers doing the indoctrination if given opportunity because fuck them for doing that to so many for any reason, hard.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28382 on: February 18, 2019, 11:58:06 am »

Ayo hol up if you're gonna kill all your statues can you just ship them off to the British museum, we'll take them for free

*EDIT
Yeah, but even strategist is ...exceptionally generous, you don't wage a land war with a more populous and heavily industrial neighbor if you have any sort of strategy in mind, he may have been tactically skilled at winning battles as a field officer, but generals always fuck up bad.
This criticism is... Exceptionally anachronistic, judging a general by the standards of industrial warfare in what is not just America's first taste of industrial warfare, but the first ever case of industrial warfare. What's more, the criticism rests on the belief that this Lee boi wanted war, which is factually wrong. This Lee boi opposed secession and was offered command by Washington, he opposed on the basis that he could take no part in an invasion of his native state and resigned from the army lol

He goes back to Virginia on some country roads to see what Virginia's going to do, the Virginians vote against secession but after the crisis turns into full blown civil war, Lincoln's call to arms actually causes the Virginians to vote against the Union and secede. This is where Lee boi comes into the fold

How was he strategically? Lee boi was marginally ahead of his time. Proficient at mobile warfare, he recognised that the only way the South could win was if they knocked the Union out of the war before their materiel superiority swept away the confederates.

Once the material superiority of the Union started seriously weighing over the Confederates, the dude (an engineering officer by trade), made some good field fortifications and permanent fortifications which was an integration of modern machine-gun, artillery and repeating-rifle technologies in strategy. Not Great War trenchwarfare, but certainly a smaller image of what was to come, and certainly without it the South would've been crushed a lot sooner

Essentially without some serious, repeated, catastrophic blunders, the Confeds were buggered from the onset. Their only hope of a Franco-British intervention was delusional

As a final aside I do find something amusing in how naval warfare did not work against the rebellious colonies, but was decisive against the rebellious confederates lol interdependence is a bitch
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 12:30:08 pm by Loud Whispers »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28383 on: February 18, 2019, 01:28:52 pm »

Everyone should take a moment to turn a few pages back in the thread.

Look at the kinds of conversations we were having back in late 2016.

Now look at the conversation we are having now.

Be proud of your growth.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28384 on: February 18, 2019, 01:35:30 pm »

Be proud of your growth.

I have to say, I didn't expect this kind of sarcasm from you.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28385 on: February 18, 2019, 01:36:38 pm »

But the thread only goes back to 2017 after the old one got shut down for rioting
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28386 on: February 18, 2019, 01:42:24 pm »

Trekkin, woah. You're being unnecessarily aggressive here.

No one here is responsible for whatever happened to you, your family, or your friends.

From what I can tell from the previous posts, people are saying it may be better to criticize actions and challenge beliefs, and not attack people directly.

Sure there's some shitheels out there that know what they're doing (Duke, Spencer, probably Shapiro) that we can freely hate. But the root cause for most of the issues in America, I believe, is an education problem.

You don't get people learning by attacking them and putting them on the defensive.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28387 on: February 18, 2019, 01:44:15 pm »

You don't get people learning by attacking them and putting them on the defensive.
BuT iF WE BoMB thEM EnOUGh THeY BecOME deMOCraCY

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28388 on: February 18, 2019, 01:45:48 pm »

Be proud of your growth.

I have to say, I didn't expect this kind of sarcasm from you.

Didn't realize it didn't go back as far as I thought.

Anyway, I was referring to how everyone here was ready to literally kill and/or forcefully deport each other 3 years ago (in the previous thread) and now people are actually advocating against anger as a solution.

Dats growth.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28389 on: February 18, 2019, 01:45:57 pm »

BuT iF WE BoMB thEM EnOUGh THeY BecOME deMOCraCY
moar drone strikes is clesrly the answer.

I think a distinction is needed between those who can learn better and those who drive the wedges. The two need very different approaches.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28390 on: February 18, 2019, 03:06:59 pm »

I still believe anger is a solution, but then again I am a Sith Lord
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28391 on: February 18, 2019, 03:09:03 pm »

I think a distinction is needed between those who can learn better and those who drive the wedges. The two need very different approaches.
So you hate carpenters, sailors, cheesemongers, citrus farmers and Dutch shoe manufacturers? What wicked seditious speech, driving wedges is a time honoured tradition of mankind

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28392 on: February 18, 2019, 03:13:24 pm »

Blessed are the cheesemongs
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28393 on: February 18, 2019, 03:16:55 pm »

So you hate carpenters, sailors, cheesemongers, citrus farmers and Dutch shoe manufacturers? What wicked seditious speech, driving wedges is a time honoured tradition of mankind

And now, the conclusion

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28394 on: February 18, 2019, 03:51:43 pm »

Trekkin, woah. You're being unnecessarily aggressive here.

No one here is responsible for whatever happened to you, your family, or your friends.

From what I can tell from the previous posts, people are saying it may be better to criticize actions and challenge beliefs, and not attack people directly.

Sure there's some shitheels out there that know what they're doing (Duke, Spencer, probably Shapiro) that we can freely hate. But the root cause for most of the issues in America, I believe, is an education problem.

In the vast majority of cases I'd agree with you on all points, which is actually why I have such a big problem with the minority of cases where it's not true.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 1891 1892 [1893] 1894 1895 ... 3515