Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1899 1900 [1901] 1902 1903 ... 3513

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3579183 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28500 on: February 21, 2019, 09:25:39 am »

That would have drastic consequences on the equilibrium of the sun.  Bad idea to ask for that.

However, in light of government people not understanding the concepts of oversight, environmentalism, nor science in general, I leave you with this tidbit.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/02/montana-legislator-introduces-bills-to-give-his-state-its-own-science/
They're gonna make their own science! With blackjack! And hookers!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28501 on: February 21, 2019, 10:07:50 am »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28502 on: February 21, 2019, 11:33:31 am »

"We have got to come up with a way to transcend our partisan politics, and the exploitation of processes like this for political gain. That goes for both parties, Democrats and Republicans. And Libertarians," he said.

“I’m just left thinking that we can all do a lot better than this.”

Yes. Yes we fucking can.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28503 on: February 21, 2019, 11:39:14 am »

Wonder why he added in Libertarians as an apparent afterthought... Also, the Greens should be included in that statement as they're the other significant third-party party.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28504 on: February 21, 2019, 12:19:06 pm »

Much politics! Such impartiality! WOW!

Does this mean that the extreme conservative thinktanks are really afraid of Bernie?  Shit, it hasn't even been a WEEK since he announced his candidacy!

Well, I guess this answers my question. The attacks and mudslinging are starting early it seems.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 12:23:32 pm by wierd »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28505 on: February 21, 2019, 12:20:20 pm »

Much politics! Such impartiality! WOW!

Does this mean that the extreme conservative thinktanks are really afraid of Bernie?  Shit, it hasn't even been a WEEK since he announced his candidacy!
Hillary 2: it's my turn boogaloo

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #28506 on: February 21, 2019, 01:43:36 pm »

Heh. I love the meme that Bernie helped Trump win. All those blue-collar workers in Michigan and Philadelphia were totally Bernie Bros.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #28507 on: February 21, 2019, 01:50:43 pm »

Heh. I love the meme that Bernie helped Trump win. All those blue-collar workers in Michigan and Philadelphia were totally Bernie Bros.

I'm not familiar with that meme...but I do consider Bernie largely responsible for that whole mess. Bernie knew that when he dropped out of the 2016 race it would leave America with a choice between Hillary and Trump; he knew and he dropped out anyway. Bernie is a man who quits when his country needs him, and he does not deserve to be anywhere near the president's office.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28508 on: February 21, 2019, 01:54:49 pm »

I also love the bit about Bernie Sanders being a closet racist, when the facts clearly show that to be false.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28509 on: February 21, 2019, 01:58:19 pm »

I'm not familiar with that meme...but I do consider Bernie largely responsible for that whole mess. Bernie knew that when he dropped out of the 2016 race it would leave America with a choice between Hillary and Trump; he knew and he dropped out anyway. Bernie is a man who quits when his country needs him, and he does not deserve to be anywhere near the president's office.

He lost the primary either way.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #28510 on: February 21, 2019, 02:00:11 pm »

Five Thirty Eight happens to have relevant poll data today.

Folly, are you suggesting that Sanders should have ran as an independent? Because according to the data on how Bernie supporters voted, that would have taken ten times as much from Hillary as from Trump.

No, Bernie helped Hillary by giving progressives a chance to talk policy, where they hold all the cards.

If anyone deserves the blame for pushing Trump the final step towards victory, it's certainly James Comey and his email letter a week before the election.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28511 on: February 21, 2019, 02:03:02 pm »

RE: Bernie lost the primary

indeed.  There might have been a slim chance of his getting the nomination if 99% of the superdelegates had not sold their soul to the clinton foundation in advance, but with rules as written, he lost. The crime was that he kept slugging at Hillary the whole time after he lost; but IMHO, that woman was not fit to be president either. (just better than trump, in the same way that vomit is marginally better than a tub full of liquid feces.)

The rules are different now.  It might, or it might not, be to Bernie's favor.  Time will tell.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28512 on: February 21, 2019, 02:06:08 pm »

Bernie knew that when he dropped out of the 2016 race it would leave America with a choice between Hillary and Trump; he knew and he dropped out anyway. Bernie is a man who quits when his country needs him, and he does not deserve to be anywhere near the president's office.

He didn't drop out, though. He put forward the motion to nominate Clinton by voice vote, but that was at the convention.

Incidentally, no one "deserves" the Presidency.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28513 on: February 21, 2019, 02:10:33 pm »

Not fit? She was far more qualified than Trump. There's no point in relitigating the 2016 election, so, I'm gonna let that drop.

Regardless of how we individually feel about the particular candidates in 2016, 2020 is going to be a much different environment for Sanders because for one, he had the Bernie Bro's all to himself then, now he has to compete for those that aren't hardcore Sanders supporters. Also, as I've seen noted elsewhere, he's the de facto frontrunner here, a position he wasn't in for 2016.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28514 on: February 21, 2019, 02:16:16 pm »

Let's just say that I found (and am on official record in the prior thread as stating) the Clinton-Trump ticket to have been the worst possible ticket, and compared it to Kang & Kodos. (If Kodos were a simpering moron.)  We'll leave it at that. (Staunch #neverhillary, NOT conservative. I had my own reasons.  More accurately, I was #NoSpaceMutants)

Current election lineup looks like it will have a flip/flop of the issue the GOP had last time, but with the DNC instead.  Every party member in the universe coming out of the woodwork, and preaching nearly identical messages, with different levels of emphasis on individual keypoints.

I expect similar problems.

I currently favor Warren or Sanders. I would be happy with either.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 02:19:38 pm by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 1899 1900 [1901] 1902 1903 ... 3513