Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1905 1906 [1907] 1908 1909 ... 1967

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 839727 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
  • U want sum seed?
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28590 on: January 24, 2019, 01:26:32 am »

Plus ion drives are really not feasible for anything yet. The most powerful one we've built so far is able to produce a force of just 5 newtons. With Cassini's mass of 5712 kilograms at launch, that comes out to an acceleration of just around 0.0009 meters per second squared. That means from rest, in the absence of gravity, it would take 25 minutes for it to travel just one kilometer.

As we know, there is gravity within the solar system, and it's much stronger than 0.0009 meters per second squared. Maybe for interstellar voyages?
bloop_bleep's Moving Fortress Parts Mod!

Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • I got nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28591 on: January 24, 2019, 01:32:35 am »

As we know, there is gravity within the solar system, and it's much stronger than 0.0009 meters per second squared. Maybe for interstellar voyages?
Luckily for all the ion thruster-equipped spaceships out there, that's not how orbital mechanics work.
Unluckily for this discussion, it has little to do with ameripol, eh?

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28592 on: January 24, 2019, 01:37:48 am »

Luckily for all the ion thruster-equipped spaceships out there, that's not how orbital mechanics work.
Unluckily for this discussion, it has little to do with ameripol, eh?

I was hoping he'd show us where we might find the rockets keeping the planets from falling into the Sun, but yes, until Trump actually creates his version of the Space Force it's only tangentially relevant except insofar as it continues to inform our policies on nuclear energy.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28593 on: January 24, 2019, 02:44:40 am »

Ok guys, let's take this one nice and slow and come to a conclusion ahead of time:

Should the USA be involved in Venezuela, and under what circumstances?

I know normally we just go in and bomb the shit out of everything, but I want to try something a little weird this time. We do NOT want a repeat of Somalia, where it was a bad idea to go, a bad idea to stay, AND a bad idea to leave.

I think you mean Iraq, not Somalia, though it’s more a combination of all our screw ups. Probably the only way we get militarily involved is when a South American nation decides to get involved (most likely Brazil, if past rumors were to go on) since South American countries would get pissed, though they’d probably still be pissed anyway.  At least that way, someone else gets left holding the metaphorical bag instead of us.

Anyways, Trump relented and said that he’ll do the State of the Union speech when the government reopens. https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/426717-trump-i-will-do-state-of-the-union-when-the-shutdown-is-over I guess he decided that he wasn’t willing to die on that particular metaphorical hill.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28594 on: January 24, 2019, 03:14:01 am »

Anyways, Trump relented and said that he’ll do the State of the Union speech when the government reopens. https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/426717-trump-i-will-do-state-of-the-union-when-the-shutdown-is-over I guess he decided that he wasn’t willing to die on that particular metaphorical hill.

If he goes somewhere else, Pelosi wins forever. At least this way he can come back and congratulate himself to her face about how accommodating he's been. Calling what the other side is forcing you to do a mutual agreement is a transparent face-saving ploy, but by now he's probably more worried about losing MAGA hats than gaining anyone new, so why not?

Also, any other location would turn the State of the Union into a rally in all but name, and his addresses to the nation haven't moved the needle on the shutdown. He's losing ground, and every time he rides in to call it back and fails, that looks more and more permanent. What else can one do with an unpopular populist but remove him?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28595 on: January 24, 2019, 03:21:23 am »

You know.. Some part of me wants to make and sell NAGA hats.

Not Again Godamit America!

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28596 on: January 24, 2019, 03:28:32 am »

You know.. Some part of me wants to make and sell NAGA hats.

Not Again Godamit America!

If you make tiny ones out of foam, filled in so people can adhere them to their pet snakes with peanut butter, you'll sell millions off the pun alone.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28597 on: January 24, 2019, 03:43:06 am »

Vote for Team Reptile, autumn 2020!!

Why settle for anything less than real reptilian overlords?! Get your very own NAGA hat today!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28598 on: January 24, 2019, 11:46:21 am »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28599 on: January 24, 2019, 11:54:18 am »

Oh man, that is... that is really something. It really, really is.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • WHERE'S YOUR MOTIVATION!!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28600 on: January 24, 2019, 12:14:14 pm »

American government workers should just pay interest on loans for paychecks they should be getting but aren't because their boss is a fucking asshole. That seems totally fair and reasonable.
If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the Gods, and the nights will flame with fire.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28601 on: January 24, 2019, 12:28:02 pm »

Is this this generation's "If they don't have bread, why don't they eat cake?"

Expect incoming tidal wave of corruption among government employees.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28602 on: January 24, 2019, 12:30:36 pm »

Expect an upsurge in popularity of novelty cigar guillotines.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28603 on: January 24, 2019, 03:49:02 pm »

Cohen postpones testimony, claiming that Trump and Giuliani are threatening his family.

Committee just subpoenaed Cohen, so we'll see how this plays out. Politics makes for great comedy once you get jaded enough. I don't remember who said it but there was a quote along the lines of "Everyone on capitol hill thinks they're in House of Cards, but really they're in VP," which accurately describes how I feel about the great American Political Black Box.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #28604 on: January 24, 2019, 04:02:50 pm »

Is this this generation's "If they don't have bread, why don't they eat cake?"

Expect incoming tidal wave of corruption among government employees.
"If they don't have bread, why don't they just lease bread?"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 1905 1906 [1907] 1908 1909 ... 1967