Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1906 1907 [1908] 1909 1910 ... 3515

Author Topic: AmeriPol thread  (Read 3592873 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: AmeriPol thread
« Reply #28605 on: February 27, 2019, 04:55:24 am »

Pardon the Fox News link, the first article I saw that mentioned this interview was mostly intent on fawning over Ocasio-Cortez. And I didn't want anyone to miss out on the sheer what-the-fuckness of Ivanka's statements.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28606 on: February 27, 2019, 07:17:25 am »

Creating make-work employment for everyone isn't actually viable however. Check it out, I've tried to volunteer at some places and they knocked it back: it costs them money to have you working for free. So, you want to work for free, even that's a competitive process with a job interview and highly selective in who they will actually take.

There's really nothing we can have people do that creates more value than just giving them a UBI stipend to spend how they see fit, and sit around playing Fortnite all day if they feel like it. The "job for everyone" thing creates an unrealistic idea that everyone can and should be working, so we end up making up useless shit to keep people busy, even though doing so is economically counter-productive.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 07:19:25 am by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28607 on: February 27, 2019, 09:05:47 am »

See, what we need is a large room filled with levers, and then...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28608 on: February 27, 2019, 11:13:04 am »

A: The Amazon deal has been canceled for a week or more now, guys. Leave it alone. (Actually, funny story but the public advocate's race in NYC yesterday, it was a "steel cage match" and every candidate had a tagline instead of a party, so things like "Fix the MTA" and "Pay us more" and "End delays". One poor guy had "Stop Amazon" as his tag for the election. Poor man, stopped by events.)

B: Right now Michael Cohen is testifying before the House, implicating Trump and his children in various crimes, testifying as to his bad character and history of racist statements. He's brought documentation for some of these claims.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 12:59:35 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28609 on: February 27, 2019, 11:15:44 am »

Isnt the dorfy solution to overpopulation is to just create a fuckhueg military and provoke the elves so you can torture them forever or exterminate the most useless members of society (nobles, worthless immigrants and freeboters children?
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #28610 on: February 27, 2019, 11:53:16 am »

So! Cohen testimony. Politico made/got their hands one a wonderful transcript so here it is.

I'm hopeful that it is enough to change things, or at least do anything to tarnish Trump's image. 'Cause, shit this is a lot. At the very least, Cohen has managed to make me feel bad about him. Dude's a bit messed up, but hopefully some time behind bars legitimately helps him turn around.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #28611 on: February 27, 2019, 11:54:10 am »

The dwarfy solution to overpopulation is butchers. Butchers and biscuts.

I for one do not support turning grandma into biscuts, but that may just be me.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28612 on: February 27, 2019, 12:15:02 pm »

my avatar is relevant again!
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28613 on: February 27, 2019, 03:52:54 pm »

my avatar is relevant again!
*It all comes full circle*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28614 on: February 27, 2019, 04:00:19 pm »

Isnt the dorfy solution to overpopulation is to just create a fuckhueg military and provoke the elves so you can torture them forever or exterminate the most useless members of society (nobles, worthless immigrants and freeboters children?

I'd like to point out that you've jumped from "not everyone is working all the time" to "we're over-populated", which is postulated on the idea that if some people are taking it easy they need to be eliminated. That is inherently tied to the core assumption (we need to make people work all the time) I was in fact questioning.

Maybe instead of the whips for those with leisure time, we need to reduce the amount of overwork many people do.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 04:04:12 pm by Reelya »

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28615 on: February 27, 2019, 04:19:11 pm »

I'd like to point out that you've jumped from "not everyone is working all the time" to "we're over-populated", which is postulated on the idea that if some people are taking it easy they need to be eliminated. That is inherently tied to the core assumption (we need to make people work all the time) I was in fact questioning.

Maybe instead of the whips for those with leisure time, we need to reduce the amount of overwork many people do.

TBF DF nobles literally do nothing productive and are often detrimental with needless mandates and jailing/hammering actually useful people.

Meanwhile in meatspace, we're quickly headed for another financial fuckup economic recession, except instead of houses its cars.  Car loans directly with dealers with no regard to credit score/history, and a lot of cyclical repossession and reselling of used cars.  Record highs of 'severely delinquent' car payments.

Student loans are also looking to default in a few years, even though they legally can't.  Either way, its honestly not like we got out of the last recession in reality, so I can't wait.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28616 on: February 27, 2019, 04:21:57 pm »

This is good for Bitcoin.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28617 on: February 27, 2019, 04:56:07 pm »

Oh man I can't wait for the highlight reel of the Cohen testimony. This has been an amazing morning and afternoon for me.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28618 on: February 27, 2019, 05:20:42 pm »

This is good for Bitcoin.

You can't eat bitcoins tho
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28619 on: February 27, 2019, 05:40:38 pm »

I bit a coin, and my dentist got richer.
Pages: 1 ... 1906 1907 [1908] 1909 1910 ... 3515